Making a backup Ebay account question? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-03-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Making a backup Ebay account question?

Ok, I have read tons of the posts, I just need a straight answer on this question though. Would this work for creating a backup account a being a seller BUT only listing maybe 10 auctions a day?

I was thinking of doing the following and wondering if it will work before I spend the time to do it. My current 6 year / 100% feedback / 790 rating is at risk because of 3 VERO strikes in 1 week that was bull****, on items I have previously sold for years with no problems.

I want to creat a backup ebay account following the posted steps, using a different IP address than the one I usually login to my "doomed anyday" account.
Can I use a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and address for the account itself and still eventually sell maybe 5 to 10 items a day maximum without having to list any credit card or bank info? My current Ebay account is a individual account, not a seller account, and I do not need to use ebay to list more than maybe 10 items at once for sale. (I mainly use ebay now to promote a website I sell from, so most people end up contacting me directly than going through ebay). So ebay is kind of cheap advertising.
My current ebay account does not have a credit card or bank account listed to pay my sellers fees ( they actually have to freeze my account off and on if im too late on paying the sellers fees which I pay through paypal). My account is linked to my paypal but even when they freeze my account until the ebay fees are paid they have never messed with my paypal account.

So basically I want to setup this seperate account with false info, and then when I sell, just list in the auction if they want to pay by credit card to contact me for payment info, or to pay by check or money order, also contact me for info.

Is it possible for a buyer to see the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address and stupidly mail a money order there without checking with me 1st? Or will I be ok just telling them to contact me for payment arrangements? It seems with my current account this type of backup account would work if I am suspended indefinately but I need some feedback and advice bc I am not as knowlegdable as most of you in here. Thanks!

Keith
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-03-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Keith, it's hard to understand you questions. But from what I got, yes people are stupid and will send you money orders to the wrong address, and yes you can tell buyers about your payment mailing address, just it looks a little fishy having to do that. What other questions do you have?
Old 08-03-2007
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Keith, it's hard to understand you questions. But from what I got, yes people are stupid and will send you money orders to the wrong address, and yes you can tell buyers about your payment mailing address, just it looks a little fishy having to do that. What other questions do you have?
Yea my post was confusing now that I read it.

I am mainly worried about how to properly get paid and accept payments considering the new ebay account will not have my real name or address. Do I make something up like this to put in my auctions? "Because of identity theft issues with a previous ebay account, I do not list my mailing or shipping info as public. Please contact me at close of auction for information regarding payment or mailing address info."

Bottom line, how do I gain customers back and accept payments in the mail if my ebay account name and address is ⊗⊗⊗⊗? Or is it a better idea to list in the auction that I only accept paypal payments, but not link to paypal and just send invoices at the end of auctions directly to the buyer?
Old 08-04-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

You actually don't need to send Paypal invoices. If you simply create an auction, and enter your Paypal email address, the funds will reach you. I use turbolister, and while creating auctions in the software, there is an option for your Paypal email address. This is the best way to accept funds without linking.
Old 08-04-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Aspkin, you used or use turbolister? i thought you dont sell on ebay anymore?