How do you guys automate Ebay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-28-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 23%
Default How do you guys automate Ebay?

Just curious how do you guys automate your Ebay store so that you are able to do the least amount of work?

I outsourced creating my listings to someone in India.

Is there a faster way to do the P&L instead of having to look through your paypay for fees then ebay and ect?

If you sell hundreds of products every weekly whats the best system that you have where you can just move away from that system and that system will run itself? Is that possible?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-28-2020

Longevity: 29%
Default Re: How do you guys automate Ebay?

Outsourcing listings to India? Really? This cannot end well.
Personally I create every listing myself, stock everything I sell, pack every order, drive to the post office daily six days a week, track all sales, fees, profits and expenses using pen and paper. This enables me to offer exceptional service which is the only age-old proven technique I know of.
It's a lot of work, but at the end of each day I have the satisfaction (and profits) that make it all worthwhile, and best of all I don't have a "guy in India " screwing up my livelihood.
Best of luck to you. My advice is that if you want a "free ride", try the welfare office as selling products takes time and effort.
Old 07-28-2020
Threadstarter  

Well India is doing a great job of listing and it was time consuming in the beginning to teach them. obviously there were hurdles in the beginning but nonetheless once they get the gist of it, it becomes easy.
The whole point of creating a business is to automate it, that's why franchises are so successful. I dont presume you would want to do this for the rest of your life driving to usps 6 days a week.
My goal is to automate this business in a way that it doesnt sacrifice our exceptional service. Service is what create long term business.

If anyone has ideas or insight or things they've done to make the process easier please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2020
Threadstarter  

To automate the business would allow me to focus more on the buying side and finding more deals. The deals are what gives you inventory and the service is second to that.
Old 07-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo036940 View Post
Outsourcing listings to India? Really? This cannot end well.
Personally I create every listing myself, stock everything I sell, pack every order, drive to the post office daily six days a week, track all sales, fees, profits and expenses using pen and paper. This enables me to offer exceptional service which is the only age-old proven technique I know of.
It's a lot of work, but at the end of each day I have the satisfaction (and profits) that make it all worthwhile, and best of all I don't have a "guy in India " screwing up my livelihood.
Best of luck to you. My advice is that if you want a "free ride", try the welfare office as selling products takes time and effort.
Way to go - spot on !!!

Old 07-28-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

If you're gong to run your eBay business as your primary source of income, then at some point you have to automate or outsource or be prepared to look back and wonder where years of your life went. We ship hundreds of items daily. We use in house automation in various areas and we continue to improve it as we get more ideas.

The best solutions are the ones specifically designed to meet your needs.
We use Ms excel and Python. Python can take a year to master but MS excel you could learn in two weeks. When combined, they both work wonders for us.

We don't outsource listings because we're really small, don't dropship so don't have that many listings, therefore can manage ourselves. Most of our listings stay up for years anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pandoras_box For This Useful Post:
osmanip (08-02-2020)
Old 08-02-2020
Threadstarter  

That's awesome. The thing with electronics is that it is always ever changing every couple months because technology is always advancing. That's why our listings will never be the same and there will always be different listings coming up.

Just curious how do you use Python to integrate it to your system and what is the benefit learning it and applying it?