1 Account Suspended 1 Account OK - How to proceed? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-05-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 21%
Default 1 Account Suspended 1 Account OK - How to proceed?

Hi!
So I got suspended last week as eBay found out I started selling at 11 years old.

Anyway, I have a second account (2000 fb) that is linked in every way
IP address, Name, Paypal everything

But it hasn’t been suspended. Granted I don’t have anything listed on there at the moment.

I’m just wondering how to proceed?

Should I
A) set up a “Fresh IP address” and then start the account again (I.E sell 1 item a week, then 6, then 14 etc or
B) Fresh IP address and just list BIN as normal (upto 1200 items I can list)
C) what if I just keep everything the same? Just list as I normally would under the same IP etc?

I sold a few things on there a couple months ago, and I don’t know how to go about using this account.
It’s a business account if this has anything to do with it

Please advise

I feel like using a Fresh IP address and just building the account up again is best, but if I can actually sell properly on the account then I’d rather do that, as I’m building up a few stealth accounts over the next 90 days also

I’m happy to play the 90 day waiting game but don’t want to leave any money on the table If I don’t have to?

Please help!

Thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-05-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%
Default Re: 1 Account Suspended 1 Account OK - How to proceed?

Your second account is also possibly dead. You just have to commence selling activity to know it.
You're better off just reading the stealth guide and starting afresh.

You could try using your spare as a buyer only account. You've got nothing to lose if it gets suspended.
Good luck.
Old 09-05-2020
Threadstarter  

Hi, thanks for your reply

I did think that it would suspend once I begin listing. I guess there’s a chance

Like you said, I have nothing to lose if it gets suspended, but how do you think I should try and use it?

I have no interest in using it as a buying account.

Should I treat it as a new account and attach it to a Fresh IP and start listing slowly then? Or just list as if nothings happened? Because I fear attaching it to a fresh IP will cause red flags and them to look at the account. Equally if I use the account as it is, I don’t know what to do for the better and give it the best chance of survival as I’m a Confirmed seller In some restricted categories

thanks again
Old 09-05-2020
Executive [VIP]

To be honest, I do not think there's anything in the world you can do to improve its chances of survival. It depends solely on whether eBay picks up a link or not. And from what you've said, I'd be really surprised if it isn't linked to your suspended account.

Did you mean category limits? You can normally transcend these limits after 90 days of selling with some minor caveat, etc.

If I were in your shoes, I would start anew with multiple stealth accounts.

Yes, there will be a few months of little sales that dwarfs your previous income before you got suspended, but you should view that as a consequence of putting your eggs in one basket, or less cynically, as the time it takes to build up you business in a way that will not have to have this sort of downtime going forward.

Good luck.
Old 09-05-2020
Threadstarter  

I understand - I’m in the process of sorting about 4 stealth accounts.

With restricted categories I mean the vape pens, beer and wine, etc etc

I guess I will have to apply to sell In these categories after 90 days

And yes, I’ll make sure I don’t use just one account moving forward.

I want to have about 4/5 active and then about 3-5 that I build up small trust with in case anything happens to the main 4-5

Would applying to sell in any of the restricted categories cause any complications to my account?

Thank you for your replies 😀
Old 09-06-2020
Executive [VIP]

Glad you're goin the 'spread sales across accounts' route. It's always safer than one account.

As regards selling in those categories, I'm not sure what will be the outcome when you do try to sell there. Perhaps you should start out in less problematic categories and then hope that you good selling history will be a plus to you.