Should I start new account or continue to use my old account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-14-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 20%
Default Should I start new account or continue to use my old account?

Hello everybody.
I had registered an account on eBay in 2014 (Ukraine). Because PayPal in Ukraine cannot receive payments, I used a PayPal of intermediary company. Many sellers from Ukraine and Belarus are using intermediary company. For that reason, all new sellers get suspended on the first listing because of linking PayPal. (There are one man who had unpaid eBay fees, around 400$). After I was suspended, I wrote eBay support and they removed my suspension, without providing any documents. Maybe because my country was Ukraine, and IP was fresh, and the linked person was from Belarus. The eBay employee, who left my suspension, also increased my selling limits to 250 / 10 000$. So, I had a selling account with 0 feedback and selling limits 250 / 10 000$.

I get 6 positive feedback, and then my account was suspended for unpaid fees. This time, was my fault. After that I created new account from the same computer, same ip, without clearing cookies (as I remember), with linking to the same PayPal, with the same name, put the same photos and also was immediately suspended after first listing. Later I create another account with the same name but different address and Fresh IP, new PayPal. Don't remember if the photos was the same, but this time I was suspended with asking to send documents. But I didn't that because I had a fear. I had a fear because I wasn't sure, if I am doing right or not. I had a fear because eBay had ask my documents, and If I sent documents to them, they will remember my person forever. (Also I don't remember if IP was really fresh, or I am signed in my suspended account from that IP). So, I simply forgot that account, and don't remember login/password/email of it anymore.

Now, I had moved to other country (Italy). I tried a chance, and signed in from VPN to my old account and written them if they can remove my suspension. And they removed. I also wrote to them earlier using VPN, but no chance.

Now, I have a question, should I continue using that account or it is better to delete and start new?

The advantages of that account (why I would to use it):
- have some feedback (6+) and selling limits is not initial

The disadvantages of that account (why I wouldn't to use it):
- registration country is Ukraine. Now I am in Italy. In according to eBay policy I need to update my profile, as I need keep it up to date. I cannot change country from profile because I am a seller, I need to write an eBay for that. The problem is that I don't know, which information will ask eBay for changing country procedure, and what will be their decision.
- the account was suspended/restricted two times. I think it is bad for a future if the some new problem will appear on this account.
- because I didn't used this account for a while (as it was suspended), the eBay can have another question to me on the first listing after suspension (but strange, that they haven't any question to me when they removed suspension). Also, can they reduce my selling limits? After suspension was removed (6 years), they doesn't touched my selling limits.
- I was signing in into this account from different VPN.
- I had registered this account when I have 17. And eBay policy forbid using their service for people under 18. I think I can be suspended also because of that. (it is maybe rare, but I saw 1 post on the forum that man was suspended because it had registered eBay account when it have 13). So, it is another reason to avoid using that account.

What do you think?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-19-2020
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Should I start new account or continue to use my old account?

any suggestion?
Old 09-19-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

As your eBay account is un-suspended, you'd be better off using that rather than spawning a new stealth account. Just contact customer service. Tell them you've moved country.

Bar the US, PayPal is country specific so you can now have an account in Italy that allows you to receive funds from sales.

If you keep your question short and to the point, you might attract more response.

Good luck.

Last edited by Pandoras_box; 09-19-2020 at 05:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pandoras_box For This Useful Post:
hunter007 (09-21-2020)
Old 09-20-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

So your VPN is a major thing, you need to have a VPN like IPBurger to create and use stealth accounts, not just some random cheap junk.

I also recommend stealth guide so your foundation is covered.
Old 09-20-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post

If you keep your question short and to the point, you might attract more response.

Good luck.
Agree - OP your post is lengthy and kind of difficult to read
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
hunter007 (09-21-2020)
Old 09-21-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
you'd be better off using that rather than spawning a new stealth account.
why you think it is better to using that old? Maybe better to leave it for black day? If I will be suspended on my new, I will be able to use my old.

Quote:
Just contact customer service. Tell them you've moved country.
Did I relly need to contact CS? Can I continue with my old residence? If they ask, I will provide proof of address. I have now 2 residence.

Quote:
yes, it my mistake. But I only wanted to tell all story.
Old 09-21-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

I would absolutely make new accounts no matter if you're still using your old one or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
hunter007 (09-21-2020)
Old 09-21-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Agree - OP your post is lengthy and kind of difficult to read
In short.
I have old account suspended in 2014. From that time, I am not using eBay. But have tried to create 2 new account (first was suspended for link with my old, and on the second was requested to send docs for identity confirmation, but I forgot about it). In 2020 eBay removed suspension (they credited my fees after my request). But in 2018 I moved to another country.

Now, I confused about what to do with it:
- close
- leave for future
- change country to my current and use

Advantages of old account:
- not starting limits 250/10 000$ and some positive feedback (6)
- aged

Disadvantages of old account:
- need to contact support to change registration country;
- probably bad history of following eBay policies (2 suspension, but 1 was not my fault)
- had signed in from 20 VPN ip adresses for last year (I did request personal data from eBay) (China, Finland, Amsterdam, Frankfurt am Main, Vaduz/Liechtenstein, Rome, Milan). VPN used: Opera VPN, Hotspot Shield, and some browser chrome extension;
- had registered this account when I have 17. If eBay will ask documents will I be suspended for age violation policy?