my twisted ebay and paypal story(somehow im still on with origional name/address) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default my twisted ebay and paypal story(somehow im still on with origional name/address)

Hi, everyone this is my first post at this site. I need someone to tell me what to think of this story, and tell help me to know what to expect in the future with my ebay account.

I started using ebay around 2 years ago with 1 ebay account and 1 paypal account. I did break quite a few rules on my first ebay account and was caught a number of times, but was never suspended or anything. For some reason about a year after I opened my first account I had the urge to open another ebay and PP account. With this new ebay account I was caught twice breaking rules and WHAM! it was suspended.

Then my original ebay account was suspended from being linked. I filed a request for reinstatement and was reinstated, along with my original one. I continued to sell without any problems. Sometime after this I began to open a few more ebay accounts. With my second ebay account, I was caught breaking another rule and once again WHAM! they suspended it right away, but this time for a minimum of 12 months.

THIS IS THE PART I DONT UNDERSTAND..

ALL of my ebay accounts were suspended due to being linked EXCEPT for my first original ebay account. My first paypal account was also closed because it was linked to that ebay account. (I only had 2 PP accounts). So now I have been selling for 6 months using my first ebay account, and my brothers paypal account. Around 2 weeks ago all my listings were canceled and I received an email saying I was suspended, but I wasn't actually suspended!!! I was still able to go into "my ebay". So I just began to start selling again!!! and just recently I realized my other paypal account wasn't suspended and began using that. So now iv been selling with the unverified paypal account that has never been limited, and my original ebay account for around 2 weeks with no problems, and the ebay live help person said my EB account is in good standings.

Can someone tell me whats going to happen when my paypal account gets limited? They obviously must know I am the same person linked to all the other accounts, so when I submit my SS# and driver license and stuff what will they do? I feel like ebay is a dick cop messing with some punk teens like in the movie super trooper.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-02-2007
Threadstarter  

Oh, I forgot to mention that I didn't pay my ebay fees for 2 months over the summer, they suspended my account again but then reinstated it after I paid.
Old 10-02-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Super Trooper was an awesome movie!

As for your accounts its weird how they're not suspended. Have you tried changing your Ip address and deleting cookies between accessing accounts? Your Paypal account usually won't be suspended unless you're an especially bad eBay seller.

But your eBay accounts should have all been linked and suspended by now. I guess use it while you have it. If you're sure they should all be linked... its only time before eBay catches up and knocks you down.
Old 10-02-2007
Threadstarter  

Its not that they havnt "caught on" its like there PURPOSELY allowing me to use this account. They suspended all of my other accounts all at the same time, then just left this one alone? I don't clear my cookies or change my IP all the accounts had the same name and address the only thing I did was change the name to my original account to my moms name, but that shouldnt have been enough to stop it from being linked. Its been almost a year since my other accounts were suspended.

But what will happen when my paypal account gets limited?
Old 10-02-2007

get your money out now!

i had 4 accounts in my and my family's names. they were all linked by ip address and suspended. maybe you somehow slipped through. i would get ready just in case
Old 10-02-2007
Threadstarter  

I know I wish I could get my money out, but I can only take out $500/ month!! I currently have $1800 in it. The only thing im REALLY afraid of is screwing up my brothers ebay and paypal account because he is a legit seller and makes alot of money selling old US coins. I would feel real bad if I screwed him up. So if my paypal account is limited and I had to give them my SS# and all the other stuff, would they FINALLY link it to my other paypal account and suspend it, and then suspend my ebay account?
Old 10-02-2007

that has been my experience. but as mentioned above, it should have happened by now.

if you're worried about your brother, start a new account that will be totally separate from anything you have done yet.
Old 10-02-2007
Threadstarter  

Aspkin so your saying if my accounts are linked, ebay will DEFINITELY suspend them? It feels like they are making an exception for me for some reason..
Old 10-02-2007
Threadstarter  

spike, thanks for trying to help me! Im going to open a paypal and ebay account in my grandmas name.
Old 10-03-2007

i would leave the family names out of it just in case. it may make some things easier in the short run, but in the long run...? don't want to bring any heat on grandma right?
Old 10-03-2007
Threadstarter  

nah my grandma doesn't mind, her last name is different than mine and she has 2 addresses. She barley even knows how to use a computer.

This is still bugging me though, if my second(and last) paypal account is limited and I have to give all my info, do they check to see if any of this info matches up with a previously suspended account? And if they did what would get suspended? My paypal, ebay, brothers paypal, brothers ebay?
Old 10-03-2007

paypal does not always suspend you. ebay usually will hunt you down and suspend every account they can associate to you. if you do use the same paypal account with a new ebay account you must be VERY careful not to get them linked.

about using your grandma's name:

you are now in the "darkside" of ebay. they have already told you to not create another account. to do so would be against their policies. why put it in your grandma's name? it could then be linked back to you anyway in a court of law. in my suspension i was told that no one at my residence or in my immediate family can use ebay.

it does not matter if you try really hard and not make any mistakes with your items. all they have to do is link you and that account will be suspended. so don't think you're gonna get back on and be a good boy from now on, don't matter.

don't panic about income and rush to put it in you grandma's name. try what you see here first.
Old 10-03-2007
Threadstarter  

but the thing is.. iv been on the "darkside" for over a year now and am still using this ebay account along with a PP account that should have been suspended long ago. I wish I had answers its so confusing trying to understand ebay.
Old 10-03-2007
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by longisland88 View Post
I know I wish I could get my money out, but I can only take out $500/ month!! I currently have $1800 in it. The only thing im REALLY afraid of is screwing up my brothers ebay and paypal account because he is a legit seller and makes alot of money selling old US coins. I would feel real bad if I screwed him up. So if my paypal account is limited and I had to give them my SS# and all the other stuff, would they FINALLY link it to my other paypal account and suspend it, and then suspend my ebay account?
tell your brother to start looking for a new job, if the accounts have anything in common you have a good chance they will get linked.
Old 10-03-2007

all i'm saying is if you're going to create a new account don't put it in your family's name.

i have no idea why they have not linked your accounts yet. i wish i knew though!!

we would need more info from you than you would want to make public. just plan for that rainy day my friend. i had over 3000+ 100% positive feedback powerseller and all that when i got the boot, i thought that account was golden. it can happen to anybody.
Old 10-03-2007

or maybe the last suspension letter that you got was a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ one that scammers send you out. got those a couple fo times.
Old 10-03-2007
Threadstarter  

no they wernt ⊗⊗⊗⊗ emails because I cant use the paypal account, or the ebay accounts.
Closed Thread