ERROR "Sorry, we weren’t able to set up preapproved payments at this time. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-28-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
Default ERROR "Sorry, we weren’t able to set up preapproved payments at this time.

Hey guys so I'm creating accounts with a real sim card, Residential IP's and all , I've had success about a month ago at creating 3 but now out of a sudden when I go to list first item , and ebay wants me to give paypal for payments, I get this message from paypal.

"Sorry, we weren’t able to set up preapproved payments at this time"

What is causing this?

It's happened on 4 accounts so far, and I'm thinking now unless I solve what's causing it I'm just going to keep burning resources.

Please someone help me!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-29-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: ERROR "Sorry, we weren’t able to set up preapproved payments at this time.

I think it's normal that they wanted Paypal for you to list your first item.

The MP is not completely rolled out yet from what I've seen
Old 11-30-2020
Threadstarter  

Default Re: ERROR "Sorry, we weren’t able to set up preapproved payments at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
I think it's normal that they wanted Paypal for you to list your first item.

The MP is not completely rolled out yet from what I've seen
Yes wanting Paypal for ebay payments is expected but for the first time ever with ebay accounts, when I go to list first item, then connect paypal account for ebay payments, paypal won't let me connect to ebay .. it gives the message

"sorry we weren't able to set up preapproved payments at this time".
Then because of this I have no way to do the first listing.

This has now happened on three seperate accounts I created.

I never use to get this at all for an error with paypal.
Old 11-30-2020
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEARNINGONLY View Post
After getting the error: You need to wait 48+ hrs then add the APM manually without listing an item. If it still doesn't work, then switch to another browser and try again.

The most likely cause for it not going through the 1st time is you are/were using Windows 7. That seems to be the common denominator for the error in most cases.

Edit: Also a low quality VCC can cause this.

Last edited by TGMT²; 12-01-2020 at 07:38 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TGMT² For This Useful Post:
mrstealth99 (12-06-2020), rsot (12-07-2020)
Old 12-01-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGMT² View Post
After getting the error: You need to wait 48+ hrs then add the APM manually without listing an item. If it still doesn't work, then switch to another browser and try again.

The most likely cause for it not going through the 1st time is you are/were using Windows 7. That seems to be the common denominator for the error in most cases.

Edit: Also a low quality VCC can cause this.

My computer is windows 10. I've had no problem creating accounts until now recently it's happened on 3 seperate accounts. Oh and the VCC I use is td prepaid, which my other accounts had no problem with.

Let me ask , do you think that the IP isp matters on IPBurger residnetial? I've been either using time warner or Comcast and they had the problem.

Last edited by TGMT²; 12-01-2020 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-01-2020
Administrator

Quote:
Let me ask , do you think that the IP isp matters on IPBurger residnetial? I've been either using time warner or Comcast and they had the problem.
If you're using IPBurger residential, you should be using one of the mobile options IMO. Choose Sprint or ATT

Another thing you might try is adding the APM manually after making the account before trying to list an item.

Old 12-01-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
If you're using IPBurger residential, you should be using one of the mobile options IMO. Choose Sprint or ATT

Another thing you might try is adding the APM manually after making the account before trying to list an item.

Okay it may actually be that for those accounts I decided not to use ATT, like I usually do. I had to switch because sometimes I was getting the same IP if I logged back on within 5 hrs with same isp.

Okay thanks for help going to test it.
Old 12-02-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Okay I just tried it using ATT and before listing and it still didn't work. Same error message, it was over 72 hrs from last try too.

Idk what else paypal doesn't like. Maybe paypal won't allow me more tries now.
Old 12-02-2020

Longevity: 20%

Everyone these days have CC source on PayPal.
It's just that sometime eBay do not allow Preaproved Connection.
Most of the Time its combo of Bad IP and flagged PayPal.
Old 12-03-2020

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Hey guys so I'm creating accounts with a real sim card, Residential IP's and all , I've had success about a month ago at creating 3 but now out of a sudden when I go to list first item , and ebay wants me to give paypal for payments, I get this message from paypal.

What is causing this?

It's happened on 4 accounts so far, and I'm thinking now unless I solve what's causing it I'm just going to keep burning resources.

Please someone help me!
You should link your verified Paypal account to eBay
Old 12-06-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny233 View Post
You should link your verified Paypal account to eBay
I've done that, but it still is happening. I even did ATT ip and it did it today as well with a new account.
Old 12-06-2020
Administrator

Quote:
but it still is happening.
It seems like the last thing to try is a different VCC.

It appears you have exhausted all the other possible causes.

Old 12-07-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It seems like the last thing to try is a different VCC.

It appears you have exhausted all the other possible causes.

Well there is one cause that I think might be doing it. Yesterday I made an account same exact way with ATT ip and same vcc on that same time I just linked with ebay and did first ebay listing , and paypal allowed for payments.

However today I did same everything for another new account, but I noticed on ipburger the Residential IP changed it's number (even though i have it set for sticky ip for 30 mins). I'm starting to think that once paypal sees a different Residential IP even for same isp, it thinks something is up. That's just my guess.
Old 12-08-2020

Longevity: 38%

Quote:
Hey guys so I'm creating accounts with a real sim card, residential Ip's and all , I've had success about a month ago at creating 3 but now out of a sudden when I go to list first item , and ebay wants me to give paypal for payments, I get this message from paypal.

What is causing this?

Please someone help me!
webrtc and geolocation!

your real IP needs to be leaked and matching your stealth IP and geolocation too ... easy fix. And pp needs to be verified with a country matching CC. Think like a person who actually stay in the country you create the account ...
Old 12-13-2020

Longevity: 45%

Are you using virtual or real windows 10 to run your accounts?