How to automate the adding of tracking numbers to Ebay? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-06-2020

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 40%
Default How to automate the adding of tracking numbers to Ebay?

So I receive my USPS tracking numbers for items I have sent out, via email from my shipper. This takes me about 20-30 minutes to copy paste into the ebay selling manager every day. I would like to automate this.

I understand that if I print my shipping labels from ebay, the tracking numbers will be added automatically, but this does not work for me.

A service like Trackerbot seems to do it, but only if you get your tracking numbers from Amazon or some other services. Does not work for me (I think).

Auto DS seems to be able to extract your tracking numbers from forwarded emails. They do offer a bunch of other stuff too though, and I am really only interested in automated tracking number handling. I believe they will be too costly for my 3000+ products.

I could try building something in iMacros of course, that goes through my inbox then copy pastes into selling manager. I will probably fail in this, so I might waste my time.

Are there any other tools that do this thing?

Thx
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-06-2020

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: How to automate the adding of tracking numbers to Ebay?

Have you tried shipstation best shipping software around, puts tracking into your ebay account can send emails to inform customers of shipping status.
The Following User Says Thank You to degsey69 For This Useful Post:
vidim (12-06-2020)
Old 12-06-2020
Threadstarter  

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
Have you tried shipstation best shipping software around.
So can I use that without actually using shipstation for sending stuff?
I get my tracking numbers from 3 different sources, all sent via USPS, all via email, in different formatted emails.
Old 12-07-2020
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%

No, you need to use a drop shipper program, tons out there, but beware, some get your accounts flagged. Lost several TRS to being flagged by just listing some items with them, not even 1 sale and i was flagged.
Old 12-07-2020
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 56%
Longevity: 91%

I'm a little old fashion and paranoid I always have the mindset of as long as it's safe and proven to work perfectly a little inconvenience is a good price to pay.

But it's just me and I haven't gotten any type of suspension for many MANY years.
Old 02-02-2021

Longevity: 19%

@saijin

I have multiple brick and mortar stores but am finally getting back into ebay big time, long story short lost my virgin mother LLCs account, have since made a new one with all new information, registered it as buisness with matching buisness paypal, got high limits right away, have been rolling but know it's going to get linked, so I am using shiprush with it getting my processing girls use to the system. I have created 5 new LLCs, bank accounts and addresses, waiting til we move into the new 100k sq ft warehouse to set up the ecomm side big time. I plan on hiring an IT person to see if they can get me multiple static IPs on the new network before I create the new ebay accounts, if not I'll do the Residential IP, then move onto a fresh Dedicated IP from IPBurger. Still not sure on this part yet, anyways, have you heard of any shipping software that wouldn't link, or maybe separate shipping software per account, these new ebays will each have there own phone for pics, brand new pc for listing, and keep it that way, whichever way I figure out the IP thing, I need to be able to sell 300k of in-house items of all categories per month, but want to slowly grow multiple accounts to avoid all eggs in one basket as my overhead will be high.
Old 02-02-2021
Executive [VIP]

shipstation is what i use
Old 02-02-2021

Do you use it on multiple stealths or just one, if so how long has it worked?
Old 02-03-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
I'm a little old fashion and paranoid I always have the mindset of as long as it's safe and proven to work perfectly a little inconvenience is a good price to pay.

But it's just me and I haven't gotten any type of suspension for many MANY years.
@saijin.....
Old 02-03-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMC View Post
Do you use it on multiple stealths or just one, if so how long has it worked?
one shipstation for however many ebay accounts and amazon accounts i use.
Old 02-03-2021

Has this worked for a while? Also, are there any ways to back up listings, safely, say something like list perfectly? My cost per listing will be high if I get one account shut down with several thousand listings, plus the pain it would be to go pull all the items out of the corresponding bins in the warehouse.
Old 02-03-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMC View Post
Has this worked for a while? Also, are there any ways to back up listings, safely, say something like list perfectly? My cost per listing will be high if I get one account shut down with several thousand listings, plus the pain it would be to go pull all the items out of the corresponding bins in the warehouse.
It would be best to ask on a new thread.
Old 02-03-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

An inhouse solution works best. It can be developed so that you do not require API access - therefore avoid any patterns that can exhibit a suspicious correlation among your accounts.
The software can be coded to suspend tracking numbers that delivered late and so many small handy features.
You can ask someone to do it for you using python.