eBay strike and preventing a future ban - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-24-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 19%
Default eBay strike and preventing a future ban

Hi,

Not sure if anyone will know the answer to this but I would like some guidance on what I should do. I have been running an eBay business for 5 years now and have overwhelmingly positive feedback I have never gone below 99.7% and all my other metrics are always in good shape. But since year 2 I have started to get hit with various take downs and Vero violations. In the first year of this nothing happened, the listing would go and I would get an email but from year 3 eBay started giving me 7 day bans. This year I had three bans one 7 day ban and two 10 day bans.

How likely is it that I will get band soon?
If I hide my listings for a year will the bad marks against my account be rest?
Any tips on how to move forward?

To be clear I do not sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items most of the strikes are for using another brands name in the title to get ranked higher sometimes the person making the strike see what I am doing and does not give me a hard strike but other times the person making the strike will claim counterfeit when this is not the case but I have tried fighting but never win so don’t bother any more.

Any help would be a great help.

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-24-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,948 Times in 8,239 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: eBay strike and preventing a future ban

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Which category of listings getting hit with VERO and takedowns?
Old 12-27-2020

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 67%

Theirs no 100% way to avoid listings from being taken down for selling vero items. But their is a method or system you could use.

On eBay if your selling a vero item you need to check in eBay sold listings and main search pages of the item to see if its being taken down by eBay.

For example NO NO hair removal. This is not a safe item to sell as if you type the word into eBay and then click listings or sold listings you would get an error page “we have looked everywhere for this item but could not find the item” this product is not safe to import or sell on eBay as it gets removed.

That’s the first thing I do before importing any products to sell on eBay. Check to see if they have been removed or not.

If you find a profitable item and it’s not being taken down you need to sell it as used or new/other. Either auction or buy it now.

When it sells wait till the buyer receives the item then list again.

If your that confident that the item will last a while as in one of my categories someone is selling this item for the last few months as buy it now you can buy a batch and just sell loads of them.

But the approach before I’ve had no issues what so ever.
Old 12-29-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
Theirs no 100% way to avoid listings from being taken down for selling vero items. But their is a method or system you could use.

On eBay if your selling a vero item you need to check in eBay sold listings and main search pages of the item to see if its being taken down by eBay.

For example NO NO hair removal. This is not a safe item to sell as if you type the word into eBay and then click listings or sold listings you would get an error page “we have looked everywhere for this item but could not find the item” this product is not safe to import or sell on eBay as it gets removed.

That’s the first thing I do before importing any products to sell on eBay. Check to see if they have been removed or not.

If you find a profitable item and it’s not being taken down you need to sell it as used or new/other. Either auction or buy it now.

When it sells wait till the buyer receives the item then list again.

If your that confident that the item will last a while as in one of my categories someone is selling this item for the last few months as buy it now you can buy a batch and just sell loads of them.

But the approach before I’ve had no issues what so ever.
So for vero items we should only sell 1 by 1? i see some other sellers listing in bulk and they dont get take down
Old 12-29-2020

That’s what I do and it’s the safest method if you have done your research on the item you want to sell.

I’ve been watching sellers in my category and they’ve listed loads in bulk and not getting taking got down at the moment.

So I might try and do the same but as we all know Vero is always risky so its all about trying to limitize the risk.
Old 01-01-2021

Update to this post.

I brought 3 of one item, 2 of another and 5 of another sold them as buy it now not one by one and had no issues so far.

I’ve noticed in these categories these items are not being pulled down which is why I’ve changed my tactics to sell more.

If one listing does get pulled down in future then plan B would be to list the item as 1 day auction starting bid 99p different title, picture and description hopefully I won’t have to go to plan B but so far things are looking pretty healthy with these items being listed up so I will take advantage while I can.