eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   ebay have 180 million users (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/141753-ebay-have-180-million-users.html)

starengine 01-29-2021 06:27 PM

ebay have 180 million users

180 million users??? I read this somewhere the other day. How pathetic.
Amazon must have something like 5 times that.

Shopify and Squarespace might have more!
(A 'user' is a buyer as well.)

There's other players on the market. More in the USA.

How sad. ebay is getting smaller while others get bigger.

ebay is my first love. I wish they would reverse back Managed Payments and focus on growing and not saving money by kicking out Paypal.

Things don't last forever. ebay will die. ebay will be bought up for a few hundred million $'s. Then ebay will fade away.

ebay RIP.

james_112233 01-29-2021 06:30 PM

Re: ebay have 180 million users

Amazon is huge.

BUT not all businesses work on Amazon. That's the beauty of it.

If your business model works on ebay, the market size is irrelevant, you can still become very rich all because it 'works' on that platform.

Same with Etsy.

Try selling hand made craft items on Amazon you won't even get a chance to do that.

All of the platforms have their own unique selling points ...

George_Fox 01-29-2021 06:49 PM

Ebay is huge, has a market that other platforms dont have. They will be around for more than a while.

Think of it has a music artist, Michael Jackson has its own fans while some others dont prefer his music.

Ebay has its own unique features. For example its known for its bidding.

Even though they have implemented Managed Payments now and a little difficult for us stealthers but doesnt mean that there wont be any buyers around.

Millions of buyers daily looking bargains or things they cannot find anywhere else.

I have been a seller on ebay and amazon for years and I can say that I love to use both platforms to sell/buy.

Why? Simple because I have learnt the ins and outs of the systems and majority of tactics to find winner products and sell products.

- George

agent006140 01-29-2021 06:54 PM

if you need to raise cash fast,Ebay is the place to list.

PepsiCoin 01-29-2021 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1139214)
if you need to raise cash fast,Ebay is the place to list.

that may have been one of the smartest things that you've ever said... well said ma'am

agent006140 01-29-2021 11:44 PM

Ebay is like Lake Victoria,see easily 70% of the antique/vintage items sold on Ebay and other sites and brick and mortar stores come from Ebay.
and some of the items sold on Ebay came from brick and mortar stores.
I could not care less what you think of me,I have been on Ebay when it was barely a few thousand items,I have run into different buyers and sellers of all strikes ,nothing on Ebay surprise me .
BTW,I am smarter than you are,I never get suspended,

james_112233 01-30-2021 05:31 AM

And Facebook Marketplace > Gumtree & Craigslist

I've successfully bought a lot of stuff for re-sale off Facebook marketplace now without any issues. Back in the day I would try buying the same items of Gumtree & Craigslist only to be messed around or have to deal with a scammer.

Facebook's security is better not to mention the majority of sellers have their real photos on display so there is low risk of being messed around.

Hank 01-30-2021 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_112233 (Post 1139211)

Try selling hand made craft items on Amazon you won't even get a chance to do that.

Amazon have had their own handmade section for quite some time now.

https://www.amazon.com/Handmade/b?ie...de=11260432011

james_112233 01-30-2021 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank (Post 1139273)

Had no idea ... So basically Bezos wants it all.

rsot 01-30-2021 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank (Post 1139273)

Warning Amazon link disclosure should be included - fyi, for future posts

GreenBean 01-30-2021 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PepsiCoin (Post 1139218)
that may have been one of the smartest things that you've ever said... well said ma'am

Are you sure?

:doh::doh:

:pop2::pop2:

LOL

alhabsy 01-30-2021 08:09 AM

The only way to make money on eBay now is to sell shady counterfeit stuff. You have to find something that isnt sold on Amazon. People will always look on Amazon first to find their product before they look at a different website. eBay was the #1 place to shop ten years and could have easily evolved into where Amazon is at now, but the CEO of eBay are just plain retardded. eBay has not evolved at all since it started whereas Amazon has gone to open up its own FCs, its own branded products, eBooks, Kindles etc. eBay could have easily been todays amazon if it reinvested.. instead it has stayed the same for the past 15 years if not worse

Ebay.slayer 01-30-2021 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starengine (Post 1139209)
180 million users??? I read this somewhere the other day. How pathetic.
Amazon must have something like 5 times that.

Shopify and Squarespace might have more!
(A 'user' is a buyer as well.)

There's other players on the market. More in the USA.

How sad. ebay is getting smaller while others get bigger.

ebay is my first love. I wish they would reverse back Managed Payments and focus on growing and not saving money by kicking out Paypal.

Things don't last forever. ebay will die. ebay will be bought up for a few hundred million $'s. Then ebay will fade away.

ebay RIP.

You sound like a love sick pup, ebay will be around for a Looooong time.
Also ebay & PP are liars, they could not care less about you or sellers, so just rinse and repeat. :violin:

james_112233 01-30-2021 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alhabsy (Post 1139291)
The only way to make money on eBay now is to sell shady counterfeit stuff.

Am I the only person that isn't selling shady counterfeit stuff then ? jesus.

There are loads of legitimate sellers on these boards selling via stealth.

starengine 02-03-2021 08:10 AM

Interesting replies guys.
I'll never give up on ebay.
I want them to survive.
I don't want them to die.
But they're going in the wrong direction.

@james_112233 Why are you and other honest sellers on this forum?
ANSWER: because ebay screwed you most likely.
I'm going to write a book about 10 ways to get banned on ebay.
I can't honestly comment how the other platforms perform in the same regard - all I know is that ebay is a dumb thick giant.

BlackLion 02-03-2021 09:23 AM

I wouldn't find it pathetic if I were the owner, that's for sure.

james_112233 02-03-2021 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starengine (Post 1139940)
Interesting replies guys.
I'll never give up on ebay.
I want them to survive.
I don't want them to die.
But they're going in the wrong direction.

@james_112233 Why are you and other honest sellers on this forum?
ANSWER: because ebay screwed you most likely.
I'm going to write a book about 10 ways to get banned on ebay.
I can't honestly comment how the other platforms perform in the same regard - all I know is that ebay is a dumb thick giant.

How do you know this ? ebay has employees on six figure salaries or more figuring out the next step for the company.

I think we should leave it to the professionals. There is always an uproar when a change is made but we all get used to it eventually and move on.

starengine 02-03-2021 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackLion (Post 1139948)
I wouldn't find it pathetic if I were the owner, that's for sure.

I could be wrong, ebay have been stuck on 180 million users for a few years - guessing they are losing as much as they gain.
While everyone around them grows.
You could be right, the owners might be rubbing their hands and be happy in blissful ignorance.

starengine 02-03-2021 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_112233 (Post 1139966)
How do you know this ? ebay has employees on six figure salaries or more figuring out the next step for the company.

I think we should leave it to the professionals. There is always an uproar when a change is made but we all get used to it eventually and move on.

Gotcha!
So you're the ebay spy on here on these forums!

If I was at ebay getting paid 6 figures, I would also be super happy!
Doesn't mean that things aren't falling to pieces!

When I used to speak to the Indian or American customer service agents who just didn't give a flying f**k about my problems and didn't want to apply ANY common sense: I used to say to myself... I bet you're sitting there happy in your cushy day job getting paid wages while you play with people livelihoods.

james_112233 02-03-2021 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starengine (Post 1139973)
Gotcha!
So you're the ebay spy on here on these forums!

If I was at ebay getting paid 6 figures, I would also be super happy!
Doesn't mean that things aren't falling to pieces!

When I used to speak to the Indian or American customer service agents who just didn't give a flying f**k about my problems and didn't want to apply ANY common sense: I used to say to myself... I bet you're sitting there happy in your cushy day job getting paid wages while you play with people livelihoods.

You just summed it up with that last paragraph.

They don't give a sh!t about us because there are PLENTY of sellers waiting in line to sell on ebay. Ebay isn't worried.

Be thankful you are able to sell on there, so many people can't ... they open an account and just get suspended after the first item they list or the algorithms don't work in their favor etc etc!

So many niche's could be flooded with other sellers but those that have been selling for a while, proven themselves to ebay are allowed to continue.

I watch all of my competitors like a hawk and I know for a fact ebay favor some of them to allow them to do what they do. They definitely have account managers and people in ebay helping them on a 1 to 1 basis to grow.

james13v 02-03-2021 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_112233 (Post 1139966)

LOL I'm sorry, are you new? Are you honestly trying to claim that ebay is going to make smart decisions? Based on what? All the previous smart decisions by those 6 figure employees? OK.

SaiJin 02-03-2021 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_112233 (Post 1139211)
Amazon is huge.

BUT not all businesses work on Amazon. That's the beauty of it.

If your business model works on ebay, the market size is irrelevant, you can still become very rich all because it 'works' on that platform.

Same with Etsy.

All of the platforms have their own unique selling points ...

This is such a good and wise post... I likey