My Interesting Ebay MP / Paypal Week (SO FAR) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-30-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 18%
Default My Interesting Ebay MP / Paypal Week (SO FAR)

A week ago I got the email: You will no longer be allowed to sell on eBay past Feb 1st unless you update your info for MP. They asked for my SSN and bank info. I say for SSN "skip for now" and then never filled out my bank info. I thought like most people here think, that it was time to let the account go and start more stealths.

Two days later, I get a temporary limit on PayPal. I'll admit, I've had a sudden increase in sales, from roughly 1k a month for around 4k this month. 2.7k in there. So they asked for ID, descriptions of what I sell (HBA) for four transactions, proof of fulfillment, and receipts. I got creative with certain details and docs, and within two days I was restored. Perfect, I thought. I have until the end of the month to use this account.

I check my email yesterday. "Welcome to Managed Payments". The email says I've been enrolled, two days early I might add, without me giving it the go ahead. It says to just add a checking account. I add it the number and almost at once I make a sale, and 600 bucks is now in eBay's hands. It's in the "Processing" column. And the email i just got says it'll take two days to confirm bank details. I have a few questions.

Why was I able to bypass the SSN question? Has that happened to anyone? Also why no ask for an ID? And as for the account itself, address is a real house that I do not live in, but the name is almost my real name (actual last name, Johnny instead of Johnathon for the first)... will these details foul me up if eBay was ok with these details for the past three months, when my selling limits have gone from 500 to 17k? I think I'm waiting for the other shoe, but maybe, I'm good for now? I literally have no idea.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-30-2021

Thanked 1,108 Times in 1,044 Posts
Activity: 93%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: My Interesting Ebay MP / Paypal Week (SO FAR)

No one has any idea,but your SSN would be needed
Old 01-30-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 16%
Longevity: 91%

Not the first time Ive heard this (the first being a week or two back when someone else posted such a situation).
Id love to know if that SSN will eventually be required or if they've finally come to their senses and realized that asking for SSN from every small time private seller is not the way to go.
Old 01-30-2021

Longevity: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by luccajh View Post
A week ago I got the email: You will no longer be allowed to sell on eBay past Feb 1st unless you update your info for MP. They asked for my SSN and bank info. I say for SSN "skip for now" and then never filled out my bank info. I thought like most people here think, that it was time to let the account go and start more stealths.

Two days later, I get a temporary limit on PayPal. I'll admit, I've had a sudden increase in sales, from roughly 1k a month for around 4k this month. 2.7k in there. So they asked for ID, descriptions of what I sell (HBA) for four transactions, proof of fulfillment, and receipts. I got creative with certain details and docs, and within two days I was restored. Perfect, I thought. I have until the end of the month to use this account.

I check my email yesterday. "Welcome to Managed Payments". The email says I've been enrolled, two days early I might add, without me giving it the go ahead. It says to just add a checking account. I add it the number and almost at once I make a sale, and 600 bucks is now in eBay's hands. It's in the "Processing" column. And the email i just got says it'll take two days to confirm bank details. I have a few questions.

Why was I able to bypass the SSN question? Has that happened to anyone? Also why no ask for an ID? And as for the account itself, address is a real house that I do not live in, but the name is almost my real name (actual last name, Johnny instead of Johnathon for the first)... will these details foul me up if eBay was ok with these details for the past three months, when my selling limits have gone from 500 to 17k? I think I'm waiting for the other shoe, but maybe, I'm good for now? I literally have no idea.

So this happened to me. I skipped the SSN part and bank account then added it for payout. Then sold $600 worth 3 items and payouts failed it took me a few days to figure out it was because they needed SSN, I put my SSN and payouts completed. This is a stealth account I've had since 2011. I signed up for MP with my real name, left the stealth address, used my real DOB. For the bank account I used I have electronic statements and changed the mailing address to match the stealth address. This has been my experience so far.
The Following User Says Thank You to mjgo For This Useful Post:
luccajh (02-01-2021)
Old 01-31-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

https://youtu.be/TLcuTISVs3s
Old 02-01-2021
Threadstarter  

So the update: There is a box in account activity that now says my payouts will be on hold until I update more info. The link goes to a SSN.

However, today the money they are holding just went from "processing" to "available" and when I clicked on my payout schedule, it said my next payout was scheduled for tomorrow. So I'm very curious if it will go through but will for sure be waiting before I put in the SSN.

Additional question. If I put my SSN in here, that's it, right? Going legit. I'd just have to change my address info to reflect that. Why are some people putting in their true names, SSN, and then a pretend address? Wouldn't that get you flagged?
Old 02-01-2021

Longevity: 19%

Quote:
So the update: There is a box in account activity that now says my payouts will be on hold until I update more info. The link goes to a SSN.

However, today the money they are holding just went from "processing" to "available" and when I clicked on my payout schedule, it said my next payout was scheduled for tomorrow. So I'm very curious if it will go through but will for sure be waiting before I put in the SSN.

Additional question. If I put my SSN in here, that's it, right? Going legit. I'd just have to change my address info to reflect that. Why are some people putting in their true names, SSN, and then a pretend address? Wouldn't that get you flagged?
Was it a stealth account? Were you previously suspended from eBay and or PayPal? And you made the account under a nickname basically?
Old 02-01-2021
Threadstarter  

Yes. Although I'm not sure what info I even gave to eBay when I had my legit one.
Old 02-01-2021

Quote:
Yes. Although I'm not sure what info I even gave to eBay when I had my legit one.
I'm sure if last time you gave them your social and you give them your social again they could possibly link you and then suspend you again. That's just what people have told me and I've read. I plan on giving them an EIN number instead of my SSN to see if that works instead and pray. I'm also gonna try calling them as soon as I upload the documents because last time I did that on my real account before it got suspended the guy verified the documents immediately and I was no longer limited.
Old 02-01-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyhero1002 View Post
I'm sure if last time you gave them your social and you give them your social again they could possibly link you and then suspend you again. That's just what people have told me and I've read. I plan on giving them an EIN number instead of my SSN to see if that works instead and pray. I'm also gonna try calling them as soon as I upload the documents because last time I did that on my real account before it got suspended the guy verified the documents immediately and I was no longer limited.
Now the problem is that even with the EIN you will need a SSN for the person financially responsible for the business. I tried to enter the EIN and next screen was asking for name and SSN. That part has to be entered there is no other option.
Old 02-01-2021

Quote:

It won't. This happened to me. It said failed. I had daily payouts and they failed several times. I even tried changing my bank account # and no luck until I entered my SSN then it was transferred
The Following User Says Thank You to mjgo For This Useful Post:
luccajh (02-02-2021)
Old 02-01-2021

Quote:
You probably never gave ebay your SSN because until now they never required it. Only paypal depending on the type of account asked for SSN
Old 02-01-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgo View Post
Now the problem is that even with the EIN you will need a SSN for the person financially responsible for the business. I tried to enter the EIN and next screen was asking for name and SSN. That part has to be entered there is no other option.
Hmmm I'm curious to see if you put in the SSN of a restricted account if they would restrict this one too or not even notice and let it pass. I'm questioning if I even gave them my social as well. I am signed up for MP so I'm assuming I did at some point. I even went back and checked my messages to see if they said anything about uploading a SSN to them but didn't find anything in that matter. I did find an email saying u had until the January 1st to sign up for MP
Old 02-01-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyhero1002 View Post
Hmmm I'm curious to see if you put in the SSN of a restricted account if they would restrict this one too or not even notice and let it pass. I'm questioning if I even gave them my social as well. I am signed up for MP so I'm assuming I did at some point. I even went back and checked my messages to see if they said anything about uploading a SSN to them but didn't find anything in that matter. I did find an email saying u had until the January 1st to sign up for MP
I am going to try having multiple MP accounts with different EINs, different address and same SSN.
Old 02-02-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Can you just change to business and then put just ein? Or even business they require ssn as well?
Old 02-02-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
Can you just change to business and then put just ein? Or even business they require ssn as well?
On 1 of my accounts I signed up for MP and put EIN and the next screen asked me for name and SSN of person responsible for business. So they wanted both EIN and SSN
Old 02-02-2021
Threadstarter  

Went ahead and entered my legit details.

270/27,000 account after almost four months. 100 percent rating. All fees paid. Hopefully eBay will let me in and let me be!

I guess we'll all know in a couple days.