Vero Question! - is there a specific time of day vero infractions are handed down? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by longisland88 View Post
I just thought of this. I send alot of second chance offers out, so if the main auction was taken down from vero would the second chance offers(the ones that buyers already accepted) be taken down too?
no second chance offers are not taken down in my experience.. as no one else except u and the receiver can see it
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-08-2007
Executive [VIP]

You know what I'm wondering ..I see one seller selling the same things on one account, then he stops selling on that account and starts under a new user ID. His IDs are all the same though, like billy1, billy2, billy3, etc. I assume he's getting VERO'd, but then sets up a new account, maybe under the same account information and then sells again?

So I wonder if eBay counts VERO strikes against an account name, before they kill you completely ...or if they count VERO strikes against the actual account holder across all accounts.
Old 10-08-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
I have a trick I sometimes use to beat the eBay and trademark holder 'watchdogs'. But I won't post it here in an open forum, once it is made private (as announced by aspkin), I'll be happy to share. In 99% of the cases, they won't discover your listings but you will still get bidders.
What , the old switch the letters tricks
Old 10-08-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
You know what I'm wondering ..I see one seller selling the same things on one account, then he stops selling on that account and starts under a new user ID. His IDs are all the same though, like billy1, billy2, billy3, etc. I assume he's getting VERO'd, but then sets up a new account, maybe under the same account information and then sells again?

So I wonder if eBay counts VERO strikes against an account name, before they kill you completely ...or if they count VERO strikes against the actual account holder across all accounts.
I was VeRO'd like 6 times on one account. I then made a new account and was verod twice on that one then BAM that account was suspended and the other the next day. Ebay looks into stuff more than you think sometimes.
Old 10-08-2007
Banned

What are you all selling to get verod so much? You have to be selling some suspect items..
Old 10-08-2007

VeRO doesn't have much to do with ebay, more like an over zelous company that checks ebay everyday. Its easy for them to do so because theres only.. say 10-20 of their products on at one time.
Old 10-08-2007

Yes, I think it is correct. You can have Vero 6 times on one account, it is not a big problem as long as Ebay found only 1 item each. You might have to make the tutorial test. But... once Ebay found that you have *this item* may be 10 or 20 pieces (in store or fix price), Ebay gives you a jet ticket immediately. Bye Bye !!
I became 2 free tickets !!
Old 10-08-2007
Executive [VIP]

My last VERO was 6 items of the same kind. Some in store, some in auctions, some even already closed auctions. After that, they made me take the tutorial. Didn't get booted ...maybe that's coming with the next VERO.
Old 10-08-2007
Banned

I'm telling you all for the most part its ebay users or competitors that get you vereod. Ebay has already admitted it. They also said they rely on Ebay users to help fight counterfeits and so forth...

Put it this way.

If you were to report somebody listings, what email would Ebay give the seller after they removed their listing???

They don't and will not say a user reported your listing,no, they say vero or trademark,copyright..
Old 10-08-2007

no chris there is a difference. VeRO is when a verified rights owner makes a formal complaint to ebay. If ebay were to remove an auction with its own knowledge it would NOT say it was VeRO'd. But rather just trademark/copyright infringement.
Old 10-08-2007

From Chirs "its ebay users or competitors that get you vereod".

Exactly ! I am now more carefully, giving buyer a warning for unpaid item. A German A*s bought the item from me and did not pay for (3.99 Euro), he became a warning. One day later I got Vero on this item - the item I had sold over 2 years and a lot without having any problem before. Flow out immediately ! Man... you will never know who you are dealing with !
Old 10-08-2007

I dont know where you guys come up with this stuff, iv never had anything like that happen to me jenny. Maybe its just a coincidence, I don't know.
Old 10-08-2007
jm3262

Longevity: 0%

How about the "ENCOURAGING INfringement" letter? I nearly flipped the first time I got one of these. Different than Vero, and I guess complained about by Competition??
Old 03-16-2008

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvaughan08 View Post
Right, that's exactly what I think...it has to be a time where they don't work, and if they do work, there not alot of VERO associates around, and I think W-S is the better time to post items.
ive had quite a few veros and most of mine seem to be sunday am, no matter what day id listed them, and ive had 1 day auctions took down, here in uk we need 10 feedback to do 1 day auctions, and ive had a few took down after they have finished which is a right pain in the a**e.
Old 03-16-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjenny View Post
"I wonder if they can VERO you on 1 day listings, too? And can they VERO you on closed listings? Say the auction ends already"

From my experience - Yes, they do, VERO on closed listing. And sometimes I got VERO only few hours later after the auction had been finished listing, also during weekend. I think they are awake 25 hours a days.
most brand names arent allowed on 1 day auctions, ive tried and it wont let you, lol, ive found 1 type lets me do it on 3 day only but another makes me do 5 days only.
Old 03-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

With veros, it seems the bigger the name of the IP owner, the quicker they go down.
Old 03-17-2008

I have never been veroed. I have been done with "copyright" and "trademark" infringment and im positive these are from narking competitors. My theory is that once someone gets all their items removed they go make an account and nark on everyone els in the hopes of gettin back at their competitors. I had a huge urge to do this when I was targeted but in the long run its bad of everyone.
Old 03-17-2008

Longevity: 95%

Soul:
Personally, for me.. Time is precious, and thats a waste of time, and effort.. I'd just get back to selling, (every day down youre loosing dolllars/house pyts/car pyts....)
--get new pics, new descripts/ use diff categories if poss??
Old 07-01-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 92%
Default Any body notice when there ebay account gets restricted?

I sell mainly all vero clothing and it's all real stuff. But since I've been suspended I've been having trouble dealing in any amount of volume. My new account is over 90 days old 250 Pos FB but I still seem to get restricted on certain brands once I get over 100 listings. Until now it's been a 7 day restriction on 3-4 vero brands. But this time they slapped a 30 day restriction on me. My brother has an account thats over 2 years and almost 8 months with a sellers account. He was never over 100 listings but once he did they hit him with a 30 day restriction. My old account before it was "linked to a suspended account" it was the same thing. I'd get to 100 listings and ban it was limited.

Does anyone else notice patterns with their account on when they get limited and what they get limited on?

Heres what I've noticed:
Original account 5 years old sellers account for 3 years
I'd get limited for only violations or when I'd get above 100 listings but the limitations were only for seven days and it would be either no new listings in that seven days or only allowed a certain number of listings/brand that seven days.

New account, no problems at first listed vero before 30 days, no problems until i reached 100 listings then bam two days later I was restricted on one brand two days later 4 brands but once the first limit was lifted it was all lifted. Then I start listing similar items again thought I was fine. Opps I did it again over 100 listings 3 days later restricted on big vero only but this time for 30 days.

My brother never restricted at all for anything buy once he got above 100 listings a few days later restricted for 30 days.

Any body else notice similar restrictions. The must have recently changed the rules to restrict for 30 days. But since ebay won't give me astraight answer as to when and why I'm getting restricted I was hoping someone else with similar issues can help.
Old 07-01-2008
Executive [VIP]

Does that mean you can't list anything on that account for 30 days? Or only not that specific item?
Old 07-01-2008

Longevity: 94%

It's probably a standard restriction - are you a powerseller?

100 branded auctions is still quite a lot, are these brands well known for being counterfeited?
Old 07-01-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Time to open multiple eBay accounts if you want to sale more. EBay really doesn't have a pattern per say, they usually just ban for any little thing. Be happy you can have up to 100 items without getting limited.