Managed Payments Ireland / UK will Ebay check paypal details during setup - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-11-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 23%
Default Managed Payments Ireland / UK will Ebay check paypal details during setup

Hi,

We have an ebay business account in my husbands name and connected with a paypal account in my name (his paypal and one of my ebay account got suspended due to stupid mistakes) and we need to sign up for managed payments now.

We thought about to use only my husbands name but we worry ebay will scan our accounts for incompliance and suspend us as paypal is registered to a diffrent name, my name.

Another option would be to set it up under my name but I had one suspended account under my name but diffrent address, diffrent laptop, diffrent internet connection etc. So not sure if they will suspend the account if I use my name again.

We are setup as partnership business. Do we need to provide my name and his name in the ebay account now as we have a partnership business? Or only 1 name and mention that there are others in the partnership involved? Can they check it what business setup we have?

I have received great help here in the past and hopefully you will be able to help me with this one.

THHHHHHAAAANNNNKKKK YOUUUU
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-13-2021

Longevity: 45%
Default Re: Managed Payments Ireland / UK will Ebay check paypal details during setup

Your ebay account is based in Ireland or UK?
Old 02-13-2021
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Managed Payments Ireland / UK will Ebay check paypal details during setup

Its based in Ireland.
Old 02-13-2021

Did you received invitation to MP?

I have few IE accounts, but didn't received any email regarding MP sor far

If you have active ebay account in your husbands name, I think you can register to MP using you husbands info without any issues. MP is different company and they don't care that your husbands PayPal account is limited.
Old 02-13-2021
Threadstarter  

I have a friend with a non business account and she has not received an invite either. I dont think they do everyone at the same time.
If you really want to get an invite though I think you can call customer service a few times to get an invite. It worked out for someone here this way.

Do you think this MP company wants to see revenue tax documents to check the business setup? The ebay invite say we have to call out the name of any business partners if we have a partnership setup.

Also do you know if the bank address needs to match the home address? I am renting and my landlord is a dragon who doesnt allow me to use this address so I need to get a business address but dont want to setup a business account with business address.
Old 02-13-2021
Threadstarter  

Sorry to answer your question, yes I have received an invite with effective date 22nd March to sign up
Old 02-13-2021

I don't have experiance with MP, so can't tell exactly.

If they require to provide all business info including all partners info, then you should consider option to change your business type to something owend by one person (your husband). Change business type on Ebay and then enroll into MP.

You should avoing giving ebay and MP your real info if you ebay account was suspended.
Old 02-13-2021
Threadstarter  

Thank you, you have helped me a lot! Good luck with your business