Legitimate Account Ban MC113 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-22-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 23%
Default Legitimate Account Ban MC113

Hi Guys

tl;dr My legit eBay account in my company name was banned - it had only been open a couple weeks and I sold about 5 items. Do I have any way to get in reinstated?

I hear that an MC113 ban is permanent, however, since I was running a complete legit account I want to know if there are any options to have the account reinstated.

I had been selling tech products on eBay from a personal account, they asked me to convert this to a business account due to hitting 80k sales. Instead of doing this, I opened a new business account and left my personal account (eBay said this was fine). I opened a legit UK company, new paypal address, had my own business address registered, got an accountant, the works.

Starting off, they gave me a £500 sales amount per month which is quite small for me so I thought I would list some low value SSD's and wait until it increased over the next couple months (I had sold these on another account and had no issues with eBay before). I also called a couple times to try and get them to increase the limit, but they said no and I didn't push too hard as I thought it best not to ruffle any feathers with a new account.

I sold 5 items immediately, shipped them off and added tracking. We then moved into the new month and I added some more items with my renewed sales budget. I tried to list some kindles and cancelled them to relist some more SSD's (mentioning that in the off chance someone knows about some copyright rule against listing amazon products lol).

The next day, I get the MC113 email (alongside my first positive feedback...) I've heard there's no way to get the account reinstated so I decided to post here and see if anyone has any advice/experience in this as I debate calling eBay direct.

It's worth noting that there are two more accounts in my household (my personal and a family members). Both are still intact so far (the other family member is still selling). I thought all accounts in the household also get banned immediately - I've never used a VPN or anything like that. Is that not the case??

With this in mind, also wondering whether it's just worth leaving my banned business account alone and just upgrade my personal to a business account and carry on like that. I am completely legit and didn't do anything knowingly outside of eBay's policies in the 2 weeks I had the business account. Feel like the ban is unjustified and if I'm able to have a straight convo with an eBay rep I feel like I could explain this...

Any advice/thoughts or comments?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-23-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Legitimate Account Ban MC113

Quite a few accounts on the same IP in your household - it doesn't mean all accounts in the household get banned immediately but the risk is elevated.

"eBay said this was fine" - you have that in writing? eB reps are notorious for not knowing exactly what to do
Old 03-23-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Quite a few accounts on the same IP in your household - it doesn't mean all accounts in the household get banned immediately but the risk is elevated.
I see. So those accounts can still be used, just need to be careful not to do anything strange from eBay's perspective? I always thought all associated accounts are banned.

Quote:
"eBay said this was fine" - you have that in writing? eB reps are notorious for not knowing exactly what to do
No not in writing unfortunately... but if that was the problem I think my personal account would have been banned alongside the new business account right?

And do you have any knowledge on how I could get the account back?
Old 03-24-2021

Longevity: 37%

Dude, your ban may not be permanent as you think. If the account was created with legit documents and you were not selling phake high-value items you have a good chance of getting that account back.

They most probably want to see your ID alongside your invoices and that's about it, they want to verify you not ban you. Give them a call and see what they say.

EDIT:

eBay is known for sending stupid emails in such situations saying you are not allowed to sell on their site anymore (literally), but once you call in they tell you ooh we just want to verify it is you and reinstate the account (this happens all the time, it ain't a joke!!)

Last edited by walkingupwards; 03-24-2021 at 09:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to walkingupwards For This Useful Post:
ebizz (04-07-2021)
Old 03-24-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post
Dude, your ban may not be permanent as you think. If the account was created with legit documents and you were not selling phake high-value items you have a good chance of getting that account back.

They most probably want to see your ID alongside your invoices and that's about it, they want to verify you not ban you. Give them a call and see what they say.

EDIT:

eBay is known for sending stupid emails in such situations saying you are not allowed to sell on their site anymore (literally), but once you call in they tell you ooh we just want to verify it is you and reinstate the account (this happens all the time, it ain't a joke!!)
Agreed, if this account is legit, you should just be able to provide what they are asking for or explain why you cant provide certain items to them. MC113 are just difficult for most stealth accounts
Old 03-29-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post

EDIT:

Oh wow really! Yes, my worry was that I've heard when you try to call and discuss with them all they say to you is that they cannot discuss why and refuse to assist in any way. I heard a few horror stories where people had that issue with legit accounts...

Ok I guess I will try to call them tomorrow
Old 03-29-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
Agreed, if this account is legit, you should just be able to provide what they are asking for or explain why you cant provide certain items to them. MC113 are just difficult for most stealth accounts
Yes, my problem is that they haven't asked me for anything. I can provide invoices, bank statements etc anything they need. However, they simply said the account is banned and you can no longer sell on eBay.
Old 03-29-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 57%
Longevity: 91%

If that's the case then the account is toast 100%.

Time to make stealth accountS
Old 03-30-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaxrouge View Post
Yes, my problem is that they haven't asked me for anything. I can provide invoices, bank statements etc anything they need. However, they simply said the account is banned and you can no longer sell on eBay.
Time to get a few new accounts going
Old 03-30-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
If that's the case then the account is toast 100%.

Time to make stealth accountS
As I mentioned my own personal account was not banned and I've just upgraded it to a business account and sold a few items.. No issue yet but I wanted to attach my business bank account and paypal which was associated with the now banned account.

Is there anything I should be careful about... or obvious do's/don'ts? Is it just impossible now to link the paypal and bank account? Or does eBay not check these are associated with any banned accounts?
Old 03-30-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Time to get a few new accounts going
Thanks for your message. I just responded to a similar comment from SaiJin a minute ago... do you have any thoughts on my response that may help?

Is that account 100% gone now. A previous post seems to suggest they may just give the account back if I call them?
Old 03-31-2021

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 41%

Sounds absolutely ridiculous how they ban you after you follow their advice

You need to call them ... Sooner than later. Could just be an ID check. You simply triggered a bot.

The sites flooded with new accounts in lockdown.

Also your personal account will soon be restricted from selling until you provide a VAT number as it's at 80k. The vat threshold is 85k is your ltd company going vat registered ?
Old 03-31-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Sounds absolutely ridiculous how they ban you after you follow their advice

You need to call them ... Sooner than later. Could just be an ID check. You simply triggered a bot.

The sites flooded with new accounts in lockdown.

Also your personal account will soon be restricted from selling until you provide a VAT number as it's at 80k. The vat threshold is 85k is your ltd company going vat registered ?
Thanks looks like there's nothing else to do prior to calling! Will make the call tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Yes, I am ready to go VAT registered (on the margin scheme) when my sales hit that number so no worry there.
Old 03-31-2021

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaxrouge View Post
Thanks looks like there's nothing else to do prior to calling! Will make the call tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Yes, I am ready to go VAT registered (on the margin scheme) when my sales hit that number so no worry there.
You're all set then.

I would mention the fact you are becoming VAT registered as well when you speak to the advisor as it will all come across as serious to them. If the first call doesn't work try several more times at different times of the day.