Buyer trouble - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-22-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Buyer trouble

I sold an item delevered by email to a buyer a few weeks ago. He paid the money, then the payment went under review by paypal. It was eventually refunded by Paypal and sent back to the buyer because they said it was unauthorized from the buyers account. Five minutes later (before I had any chance to contact the buyer about this) he left me negative feedback.

I wrote and explained that it was NOT me that refunded the payment , but Paypal. He replied that paypal hadnt informed him of anything other than I ahd sent him a refund. (which I did NOT send anything, Paypal reversed the payment)

I explained all this to the buyer and submitted a request for feedback revision (this was a new account and only my third feedback, brought my score down to 66% positive) So it was a big deal to me.

He immediatley denied the request and entered a comment that the original feedback was accurate and he refues to change a thing.

So I went to his account and left him feedback, of course it has to be positive, so I wrote the comment that I would never deal with this buyer again that he was horrible etc.

Ebay REMOVED my feedback comment !!! Said it was feedback abuse

I was Steaming mad! But I kept quiet, I had plans of my own for this buyer, who sells on this account alot more than he buys *wink*

Then a few days later after relisting the same item I sold to the original buyer, I sold it again. I said the only way that I would do email delivery is if he left positive feedback FIRST, before I send., And I would also have to mail the physical item so as to give Paypal a tracking number. The new buyer agreed to do it this way.

So he left feedback , payment was made by paypal. I withdrew all my money THEN I sent the item to his email.

He responds saying he didnt get the email... well I KNOW he did because he used the "item" I sent him that he bought, and the balance on the "item" was now $0, it was originally over $400

He filed a Paypal claim this morning saying that he never got the email, and that when he did recieve the physical item , but it has been "used up" and that the only reason he left positive feedback was bc I told him thats the only way I would make the transaction.

He also sent me a fowarded email that he recieved from some guy at LAPD, supposedly a cop who is investigating his claim..

This is the funny part: I ALSO got an email from the ORIGINAL Buyer , with the comment : " you thought you were gonna get me , looks like I got you first ha ha "

I Know how to get this guy kicked off ebay.. thats not an issue. But the Paypal account is now negative, I am NOT refunding , and he is getting the cops invloved?? For HIS scam??

I feel like I am battling ghosts here ...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

It seems to me that you "ILovePaypalNOT" are getting roadblocks after roadblocks and getting run over by scams base on all your posts. You are making too many careless mistakes and I don't see you as a Subscribed Member yet. You really need to invest in the EbayStealth Book. Why are you selling high priced items on a new account with only a couple of feedbacks. Start out with low priced items and work your way up. Not work your way down. I assume you are selling gift cards/ certificates and emailing the codes. Selling high priced items on a New Account with Low Feedback is what scammers look for. I bet both your Buyers/Scammers either have low or no feedback at all. Am I right? Leaving a Negative Comment with Positive Feedback is a NO-NO. Read up on the ebay rules and get the Apskin EBOOK.

How much more money are you willing to risk before you realize what you're doing wrong. Know your risks.

Now with your negative paypal account if the info is all Made-Up then walk away from it and start a new one along with a new ebay account. Or Put out your own hard earned money and pay the balance.

BooMer

Last edited by BooMer; 10-22-2009 at 11:24 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to BooMer For This Useful Post:
TGMT² (10-22-2009)
Old 10-22-2009
Threadstarter  

bought the book last year
Old 10-22-2009
Threadstarter  

Leaving a Negative Comment with Positive Feedback is a NO-NO

I know that now ... It was just a knee jerk reaction

The account is not new, it was opened in Feb 09, But it was new to selling .
Old 10-22-2009
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

100% agree with BooMer!

From reading your Posts and Threads "ILovePaypalNOT", I often find myself saying...WHY?
Old 10-22-2009
Threadstarter  

yes I am incredibly stubborn and need to make my own mistakes before I see that its not going to work out... most times to my own detriment...

What about this cop? I wonder if the email was just made up... but what if it wasnt? I mean there is no guilt on my part for any wrong doing... but Ireally dont want to open that door if I dont have to

I am willing to refund if the authorities can get involved etc..

I didnt think that was possible.
Old 10-22-2009

Longevity: 90%

LOL @ the cop email. I guess police interrogations are going to be done by email now. Instead of good cop, bad cop, it will be dsl cop and dial up cop.
Old 10-23-2009
Threadstarter  

Lol JB

Actually one of the emails was CC'd to the cop

the other was a fowarded conversation betwen the buyer and the cop

The address was "Copsname"@LAPD.org

So it looked real... *shrug*
Old 10-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

From your descriptive story, I am looking at your current selling methods as an easy target for scammers. Youre giving them everything they want right away. You need to set up some strict guidelines and rules and also let an account age before giving anything worth over $400..
Old 10-23-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%
Default Yipe!

LAPD.org? Shouldn't that be .gov? Seriously. I hit the .org domain and it clearly says it's the unofficial guide....

I think you should consider selling minor things as practice for a while just to learn the 'groove' of how crap happens without putting up anything valuable or risking anything you'd rather not lose.

Selling virtual goods is a tough job for the pros to manage. Trying it with a 'targeted' ebay login is only asking to be stalked by scammers and do-gooders who think they are making the world a cleaner place by harrassing you.

Any dispute or claim made by the buyer to paypal will be an automatic defeat for you. Until you begin listing without BIN so you can cancel bids and are able to pick the bidders that need to be cancelled, you are banging your head on broken glass.

No book can fix that part of the problem. It takes 'been-there-done-that' experience and nothing less.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 10-23-2009 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Fixed up some stuff
Old 10-24-2009
Threadstarter  

I know Vic... I looked at that site as well

Thats the first thing that struck me as suspicious , the Org should be Gov.

Any how I got my money back

And on my "main" account that has nothign to do with this one , I am selling slowly , low price items , and NO gift cards... Its a high risk catergory no matter how you look at it .