eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Free Returns = Automatic Negative Feedback Removal? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/143328-free-returns-automatic-negative-feedback-removal.html)

solefoodbk 05-01-2021 10:12 PM

Free Returns = Automatic Negative Feedback Removal?

I got off the phone with eBay trying to get a feedback removed. Not to go into specifics, but what they had mentioned was if you offer free 30 day returns and a customer opens a return and then leaves feedback that is grounds for automatic removal?

I offer 30 day returns for all my items, never had done free returns. I know some really don't care about feedback but I do. Naturally if you are selling 10,000+ items with a shooting star its a little different but I take feedback seriously for an account not at that status.

FYI: I talked to merchant support, they aren't normal customer support. Merchant support knows what they are talking about 90% of the time.

muzzie 05-01-2021 11:53 PM

Re: Free Returns = Automatic Negative Feedback Removal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 1151985)
I got off the phone with eBay trying to get a feedback removed. Not to go into specifics, but what they had mentioned was if you offer free 30 day returns and a customer opens a return and then leaves feedback that is grounds for automatic removal?

I offer 30 day returns for all my items, never had done free returns. I know some really don't care about feedback but I do. Naturally if you are selling 10,000+ items with a shooting star its a little different but I take feedback seriously for an account not at that status.

FYI: I talked to merchant support, they aren't normal customer support. Merchant support knows what they are talking about 90% of the time.

Seems it is very dependant on the mood of the rep and phase of moon. I sold an item, buyer was not paying for a week. I waited a week, then canceled the sale. He left a neg. I tried to get it removed, but no luck - "customer was upset so his right to leave a neg is correct".

solefoodbk 05-02-2021 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 1151989)
Seems it is very dependant on the mood of the rep and phase of moon. I sold an item, buyer was not paying for a week. I waited a week, then canceled the sale. He left a neg. I tried to get it removed, but no luck - "customer was upset so his right to leave a neg is correct".

I meant if you offer free 30 day returns and they open a return. You can’t expect to get feedback removed if you go threw the appeal on the website. You have to call merchant support #, it’s routed to staff in Texas, and Utah. I could easily have gotten that feedback removed, easily. Just have to call. But sometimes it’s harder and I’d rather just have it be automatic instead of trying to think of creative ways to get them to remove it.

muzzie 05-02-2021 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 1151990)
I meant if you offer free 30 day returns and they open a return. You can’t expect to get feedback removed if you go threw the appeal on the website. You have to call merchant support #, it’s routed to staff in Texas, and Utah. I could easily have gotten that feedback removed, easily. Just have to call. But sometimes it’s harder and I’d rather just have it be automatic instead of trying to think of creative ways to get them to remove it.

Also had free returns, and it was also not possible to remove neg, as "customer had bad exlerience"

james13v 05-02-2021 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 1151992)
Also had free returns, and it was also not possible to remove neg, as "customer had bad exlerience"

free returns means feedback removal. Sometimes it takes some time tho, unless you call in. It has been like this for quite a long time. It's a seller protection you get, for being willing to pay for the return.

muzzie 05-02-2021 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james13v (Post 1152036)
free returns means feedback removal. Sometimes it takes some time tho, unless you call in. It has been like this for quite a long time. It's a seller protection you get, for being willing to pay for the return.

Never worked for me although returns always accepted and free .

james13v 05-02-2021 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 1152048)
Never worked for me although returns always accepted and free .

could be a country specific thing. I don't know. It's always worked for me.

e2free 05-02-2021 08:46 PM

Ebay feedback removal is simply Impossible since they launched seller help page

rsot 05-02-2021 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e2free (Post 1152092)
Ebay feedback removal is simply Impossible since they launched seller help page

Literally impossible without buyer accepting a feedback revision request from the buyer - it can be rough

james13v 05-03-2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1152105)
Literally impossible without buyer accepting a feedback revision request from the buyer - it can be rough

I just called in and got 3 negatives removed , on the same account. Feedback doesn't matter much anymore, so I don't try that hard to get them removed, but sometimes one pisses me off and I call in about it. Sometimes it takes more than one call. But I have about a 50/50 chance of getting it removed. Even when one rep says impossible. Sometimes the reps enjoy removing them. It's all about finesse.

yankee 05-03-2021 11:12 AM

It has been a couple years now that FREE 30 day returns gets feedback removal. Keep in mind the item must be returned and a refund given. OR if you can get the buyer to say they refuse to return.

If you dont call or email ebay, it is only removed once a month automatically and sometimes can be missed without calling/emailing.

muzzie 05-03-2021 12:00 PM

Since that new appeal system came, it became almost impossible to get neg removed via chat or phone.

yankee 05-03-2021 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 1152168)
Since that new appeal system came, it became almost impossible to get neg removed via chat or phone.

They are automatic.... You dont even need to do anything. For USA, TOP RATED sellers anyways.

e2free 05-03-2021 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 1152170)
They are automatic.... You dont even need to do anything. For USA, TOP RATED sellers anyways.

Yes it is, use to be any feedback removed by trying but now not anymore if system removes it manually impossible

james13v 05-03-2021 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 1152170)

Automatic sometimes can take up to a week. So people think the feedback isn't removed. When it actually is.

yankee 05-03-2021 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james13v (Post 1152196)
Automatic sometimes can take up to a week. So people think the feedback isn't removed. When it actually is.

Even two weeks. The people above saying impossible, I have no idea what they are talking about. It certainly in not 30 DAY automatic feedback removals on Top Rated USA accounts.

yankee 05-03-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e2free (Post 1152191)
Yes it is, use to be any feedback removed by trying but now not anymore if system removes it manually impossible

I have no idea what you are talking about. It certainly is possible.

solefoodbk 05-03-2021 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 1152209)
I have no idea what you are talking about. It certainly is possible.

Yeah I don't know why people are saying this. Not that I get a bunch of negative feedback, but when I do I always get it removed. You have to call merchant support, I believe they are based in Texas now. The people saying its impossible are requesting a call back from general eBay support, or appealing it threw the website. That will never work in most cases.

solefoodbk 05-03-2021 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james13v (Post 1152147)
I just called in and got 3 negatives removed , on the same account. Feedback doesn't matter much anymore, so I don't try that hard to get them removed, but sometimes one pisses me off and I call in about it. Sometimes it takes more than one call. But I have about a 50/50 chance of getting it removed. Even when one rep says impossible. Sometimes the reps enjoy removing them. It's all about finesse.

100% agreed.

There is simply nothing impossible with eBay. Anything can be overturned, ANYTHING except suspension from unpaid fees. From my experience at least. This just happened with me Saturday. It's about 50/50 chance the first time I call in. If they deny me I use their reasoning and try to think of a way to bend the policy to fit into my favor. It works like a charm, always. Just have to be good at talking, and willing to think outside the box.

james13v 05-04-2021 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 1152227)
100% agreed.

There is simply nothing impossible with eBay. Anything can be overturned, ANYTHING except suspension from unpaid fees. From my experience at least. This just happened with me Saturday. It's about 50/50 chance the first time I call in. If they deny me I use their reasoning and try to think of a way to bend the policy to fit into my favor. It works like a charm, always. Just have to be good at talking, and willing to think outside the box.

Yep. I've had ebay reps do things that should be impossible. Higher up people have even more power. Actually, correction. One thing I have found impossible so far. I'm suspended on the ebay forum. Can't get that change lol. Only emails, and it goes to some other team somewhere that I don't think is even email. And they don't give a rats ass. **** them.

paulfoltyn 06-07-2021 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 1151989)

I had a buyer say it was delivered late, tracking showed it was on time, that i'd looked him up on facebook and that the item was both new and used .. all in one feedback .. ebay refused to remove it. I have no idea how you can say contradictory things and ebay think its acceptable

jal1995 06-13-2021 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 1151985)

that's 95% true, I was offering free return on an account and most of the times I just tell the agent that I offer free return and if my customer isn't satisfied with it then he could ship it back for free rather than screwing my feedback score and he deleted it for me