Free Returns = Automatic Negative Feedback Removal? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-01-2021

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%
Default Free Returns = Automatic Negative Feedback Removal?

I got off the phone with eBay trying to get a feedback removed. Not to go into specifics, but what they had mentioned was if you offer free 30 day returns and a customer opens a return and then leaves feedback that is grounds for automatic removal?

I offer 30 day returns for all my items, never had done free returns. I know some really don't care about feedback but I do. Naturally if you are selling 10,000+ items with a shooting star its a little different but I take feedback seriously for an account not at that status.

FYI: I talked to merchant support, they aren't normal customer support. Merchant support knows what they are talking about 90% of the time.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-01-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Free Returns = Automatic Negative Feedback Removal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
I got off the phone with eBay trying to get a feedback removed. Not to go into specifics, but what they had mentioned was if you offer free 30 day returns and a customer opens a return and then leaves feedback that is grounds for automatic removal?

I offer 30 day returns for all my items, never had done free returns. I know some really don't care about feedback but I do. Naturally if you are selling 10,000+ items with a shooting star its a little different but I take feedback seriously for an account not at that status.

FYI: I talked to merchant support, they aren't normal customer support. Merchant support knows what they are talking about 90% of the time.
Seems it is very dependant on the mood of the rep and phase of moon. I sold an item, buyer was not paying for a week. I waited a week, then canceled the sale. He left a neg. I tried to get it removed, but no luck - "customer was upset so his right to leave a neg is correct".
Old 05-02-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
Seems it is very dependant on the mood of the rep and phase of moon. I sold an item, buyer was not paying for a week. I waited a week, then canceled the sale. He left a neg. I tried to get it removed, but no luck - "customer was upset so his right to leave a neg is correct".
I meant if you offer free 30 day returns and they open a return. You can’t expect to get feedback removed if you go threw the appeal on the website. You have to call merchant support #, it’s routed to staff in Texas, and Utah. I could easily have gotten that feedback removed, easily. Just have to call. But sometimes it’s harder and I’d rather just have it be automatic instead of trying to think of creative ways to get them to remove it.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
muzzie (05-02-2021)
Old 05-02-2021

Quote:
I meant if you offer free 30 day returns and they open a return. You can’t expect to get feedback removed if you go threw the appeal on the website. You have to call merchant support #, it’s routed to staff in Texas, and Utah. I could easily have gotten that feedback removed, easily. Just have to call. But sometimes it’s harder and I’d rather just have it be automatic instead of trying to think of creative ways to get them to remove it.
Also had free returns, and it was also not possible to remove neg, as "customer had bad exlerience"
Old 05-02-2021

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Also had free returns, and it was also not possible to remove neg, as "customer had bad exlerience"
free returns means feedback removal. Sometimes it takes some time tho, unless you call in. It has been like this for quite a long time. It's a seller protection you get, for being willing to pay for the return.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to james13v For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (05-02-2021), yankee (05-03-2021)
Old 05-02-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
free returns means feedback removal. Sometimes it takes some time tho, unless you call in. It has been like this for quite a long time. It's a seller protection you get, for being willing to pay for the return.
Never worked for me although returns always accepted and free .
Old 05-02-2021

Quote:
Never worked for me although returns always accepted and free .
could be a country specific thing. I don't know. It's always worked for me.
Old 05-02-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 54%

Ebay feedback removal is simply Impossible since they launched seller help page
The Following User Says Thank You to e2free For This Useful Post:
muzzie (05-03-2021)
Old 05-02-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
Ebay feedback removal is simply Impossible since they launched seller help page
Literally impossible without buyer accepting a feedback revision request from the buyer - it can be rough
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
muzzie (05-03-2021)
Old 05-03-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Literally impossible without buyer accepting a feedback revision request from the buyer - it can be rough
I just called in and got 3 negatives removed , on the same account. Feedback doesn't matter much anymore, so I don't try that hard to get them removed, but sometimes one pisses me off and I call in about it. Sometimes it takes more than one call. But I have about a 50/50 chance of getting it removed. Even when one rep says impossible. Sometimes the reps enjoy removing them. It's all about finesse.

Last edited by james13v; 05-03-2021 at 09:38 AM.
Old 05-03-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

It has been a couple years now that FREE 30 day returns gets feedback removal. Keep in mind the item must be returned and a refund given. OR if you can get the buyer to say they refuse to return.

If you dont call or email ebay, it is only removed once a month automatically and sometimes can be missed without calling/emailing.

Last edited by yankee; 05-03-2021 at 11:14 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (05-03-2021)
Old 05-03-2021

Since that new appeal system came, it became almost impossible to get neg removed via chat or phone.
Old 05-03-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Since that new appeal system came, it became almost impossible to get neg removed via chat or phone.
They are automatic.... You dont even need to do anything. For USA, TOP RATED sellers anyways.
Old 05-03-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
They are automatic.... You dont even need to do anything. For USA, TOP RATED sellers anyways.
Yes it is, use to be any feedback removed by trying but now not anymore if system removes it manually impossible
Old 05-03-2021

Quote:
Automatic sometimes can take up to a week. So people think the feedback isn't removed. When it actually is.
Old 05-03-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Automatic sometimes can take up to a week. So people think the feedback isn't removed. When it actually is.
Even two weeks. The people above saying impossible, I have no idea what they are talking about. It certainly in not 30 DAY automatic feedback removals on Top Rated USA accounts.
james13v (05-04-2021)
Old 05-03-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
Yes it is, use to be any feedback removed by trying but now not anymore if system removes it manually impossible
I have no idea what you are talking about. It certainly is possible.
james13v (05-04-2021)
Old 05-03-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I have no idea what you are talking about. It certainly is possible.
Yeah I don't know why people are saying this. Not that I get a bunch of negative feedback, but when I do I always get it removed. You have to call merchant support, I believe they are based in Texas now. The people saying its impossible are requesting a call back from general eBay support, or appealing it threw the website. That will never work in most cases.
james13v (05-04-2021)
Old 05-03-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I just called in and got 3 negatives removed , on the same account. Feedback doesn't matter much anymore, so I don't try that hard to get them removed, but sometimes one pisses me off and I call in about it. Sometimes it takes more than one call. But I have about a 50/50 chance of getting it removed. Even when one rep says impossible. Sometimes the reps enjoy removing them. It's all about finesse.
100% agreed.

There is simply nothing impossible with eBay. Anything can be overturned, ANYTHING except suspension from unpaid fees. From my experience at least. This just happened with me Saturday. It's about 50/50 chance the first time I call in. If they deny me I use their reasoning and try to think of a way to bend the policy to fit into my favor. It works like a charm, always. Just have to be good at talking, and willing to think outside the box.
james13v (05-04-2021)
Old 05-04-2021

Quote:
100% agreed.

There is simply nothing impossible with eBay. Anything can be overturned, ANYTHING except suspension from unpaid fees. From my experience at least. This just happened with me Saturday. It's about 50/50 chance the first time I call in. If they deny me I use their reasoning and try to think of a way to bend the policy to fit into my favor. It works like a charm, always. Just have to be good at talking, and willing to think outside the box.
Yep. I've had ebay reps do things that should be impossible. Higher up people have even more power. Actually, correction. One thing I have found impossible so far. I'm suspended on the ebay forum. Can't get that change lol. Only emails, and it goes to some other team somewhere that I don't think is even email. And they don't give a rats ass. **** them.
Old 06-07-2021

Longevity: 33%

Quote:

I had a buyer say it was delivered late, tracking showed it was on time, that i'd looked him up on facebook and that the item was both new and used .. all in one feedback .. ebay refused to remove it. I have no idea how you can say contradictory things and ebay think its acceptable
Old 06-13-2021

Longevity: 27%

Quote:

that's 95% true, I was offering free return on an account and most of the times I just tell the agent that I offer free return and if my customer isn't satisfied with it then he could ship it back for free rather than screwing my feedback score and he deleted it for me