Tired of being abused by ebay - "Counterfeit" CABLES??? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-03-2021

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 62%
Default Tired of being abused by ebay - "Counterfeit" CABLES???

I sell these phone charging cables. unbranded. generic. phone cables. they were selling decently so i bought A LOT OF THEM. Now im constantly getting ebay restrictions for days to weeks. These items are NOT ⊗⊗⊗⊗. At first they started saying the word "lightning" is trademarked or whatever. so i removed the word lightning and put LIGHTING. And im STILL getting restricted for counterfeit like WTF. I spent so much money on cables, and im losing money on my other sales.

Your account has been restricted because activity on it didn't follow our Counterfeit item policy. We don’t allow counterfeit items, replicas, or unauthorized copies.
What activity didn't follow the policy
We removed this item to protect you and your buyers, because we believe it is likely to be counterfeit. To make this decision we consider the details you provided about your item, reports we receive from brands or members of the community, buyer feedback and the reasons buyers returned the item. Please do not relist this item.

What you need to do next
Items removed for this policy cannot be relisted. Please ensure that your future listings are for authentic items only. For these items, they should be described accurately and completely, so buyers know that it is an authentic item.

What is the policy
- Counterfeit products are illegal and not allowed on eBay. Examples include:
-- ⊗⊗⊗⊗, copies or replicas of brand name items (for example, a shoe with the Nike name or logo that wasn’t made by Nike)
-- Electronics or accessories that use or bear the brand name, logo or trademark of a company that didn’t manufacture the item
-- Bootleg recordings from concerts or other live shows
-- Unauthorized or pirated copies of movies, videos or software
- Listings with photos that hide or blur trademarks are not allowed
- If you’re not certain that your item is authentic, or if an authenticator has been unable to confirm its authenticity, it may not be listed
- We may remove listings if we receive buyer complaints that the item is not authentic. These items may not be relisted

How this affects your account
Because you haven't followed this policy in the past:

- Listings that don't follow our policy have been ended.
- A temporary 7-day selling restriction has been placed on your account (starting on the date of this notice), and your other listings will be hidden from search during this period. Listings will automatically be restored and show up in search results after the end of the temporary restriction.
- All fees paid or payable for listings that are ended and/or hidden from search will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.

Listings that don't follow this policy in the future will result in similar actions, including a 10-day restriction on your account.

Why we have this policy
This policy prevents the sale of counterfeit items, which are illegal, and could expose sellers to legal risk. Removing them protects sellers and their buyers from buyer protection claims and financial loss.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-03-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Tired of being abused by ebay - "Counterfeit" CABLES???

Bit sure what the question is here? Are you asking to to avoid it? For that particular item I’m afraid it’s very hard - eBay do class then as f4ke
Old 05-03-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%

Thing is that although the item is not ⊗⊗⊗⊗ (as does not have any logo on it), it might be a complete DESIGN copy of some branded cable. And VeRO agents know that perfectly, so take it down with ease. Like you can't sell a complete iPhone copy even if it does not have any Apple logos on it - the design itself is protected.

Also, it seems EB is not really loving something that sounds like "iphone cable". Instead, wording like "charging cable compatible with iphone" should be used to emphasize that the product is generic, not some copy of Apple products. Remember, most bans are done either by bots (that just look for certain wording) or by reps that are reading through the lists of complaints by VerRO agent and not even getting into details, just killing whatever they see on that kill list.

Last edited by muzzie; 05-03-2021 at 03:43 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (05-06-2021), JamesNorth101 (05-03-2021), rsot (05-03-2021), solefoodbk (05-03-2021)
Old 05-03-2021
Threadstarter  

Cables are good quality. Minimal returns.

Ebays fukin annoying. Spent so much on cables
Old 05-03-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Longevity: 63%

They might well be good quality and have very few returns but Apple is still very very strict on who they want selling their charges because of how much profit they make from them which means the police eBay very carefully
Old 05-03-2021
Executive [VIP]

Don't use the word lightning, or lighting, or anything similar to that. Bots will remove that easily.
Old 05-03-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,551 Times in 2,204 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

Remove all keywords that trigger it. Not modify the keywords.

Also keep in mind a 3rd removal will be bad for your account.

If you can make a new listing for the same item it decreases the chances of getting nailed.
Old 05-03-2021

Longevity: 58%

Does it list a individual/company who is reporting it? Usually it will if it was someone outside of eBay. If it was eBay, they probably already have bots triggered on your listings now.
Old 05-05-2021

Longevity: 34%

Avoid apple and lightning together...sometimes depending on your account level, I got warning on one account and never on another when I listed the same thing.
Old 05-06-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmckim View Post
Avoid apple and lightning together...sometimes depending on your account level, I got warning on one account and never on another when I listed the same thing.
Interesting experience
Old 05-06-2021

Thanked 1,108 Times in 1,044 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

since you have bought many,why not list elsewhere and sell them wholesale to rid them
Old 05-06-2021
Threadstarter  

other venues such as what?
Old 05-06-2021

you have to find them,
Old 05-07-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
since you have bought many,why not list elsewhere and sell them wholesale to rid them
Selling them wholesale is another thing altogether - competition...heavy
Old 05-07-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Selling them wholesale is another thing altogether - competition...heavy
if he wants to rid them fast so he can deploy the $$ elsewhere.
list them on Craigslist and see if there is any taker
Old 05-08-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing081 View Post
I sell these phone charging cables. unbranded. generic. phone cables. they were selling decently so i bought A LOT OF THEM. Now im constantly getting ebay restrictions for days to weeks. These items are NOT ⊗⊗⊗⊗. At first they started saying the word "lightning" is trademarked or whatever. so i removed the word lightning and put LIGHTING. And im STILL getting restricted for counterfeit like WTF. I spent so much money on cables, and im losing money on my other sales.

Your account has been restricted because activity on it didn't follow our Counterfeit item policy. We don’t allow counterfeit items, replicas, or unauthorized copies.
What activity didn't follow the policy
We removed this item to protect you and your buyers, because we believe it is likely to be counterfeit. To make this decision we consider the details you provided about your item, reports we receive from brands or members of the community, buyer feedback and the reasons buyers returned the item. Please do not relist this item.

What you need to do next
Items removed for this policy cannot be relisted. Please ensure that your future listings are for authentic items only. For these items, they should be described accurately and completely, so buyers know that it is an authentic item.

What is the policy
- Counterfeit products are illegal and not allowed on eBay. Examples include:
-- ⊗⊗⊗⊗, copies or replicas of brand name items (for example, a shoe with the Nike name or logo that wasn’t made by Nike)
-- Electronics or accessories that use or bear the brand name, logo or trademark of a company that didn’t manufacture the item
-- Bootleg recordings from concerts or other live shows
-- Unauthorized or pirated copies of movies, videos or software
- Listings with photos that hide or blur trademarks are not allowed
- If you’re not certain that your item is authentic, or if an authenticator has been unable to confirm its authenticity, it may not be listed
- We may remove listings if we receive buyer complaints that the item is not authentic. These items may not be relisted

How this affects your account
Because you haven't followed this policy in the past:

- Listings that don't follow our policy have been ended.
- A temporary 7-day selling restriction has been placed on your account (starting on the date of this notice), and your other listings will be hidden from search during this period. Listings will automatically be restored and show up in search results after the end of the temporary restriction.
- All fees paid or payable for listings that are ended and/or hidden from search will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.

Listings that don't follow this policy in the future will result in similar actions, including a 10-day restriction on your account.

Why we have this policy
This policy prevents the sale of counterfeit items, which are illegal, and could expose sellers to legal risk. Removing them protects sellers and their buyers from buyer protection claims and financial loss.
I will give you some tips.. I have been getting random removals of items out of stock for months. I no longer am doing big time GTCs.Anything that may be brand related or branded..Depending the risk of the item. I sell 1-2 per listing and just end the gtc and relist it.. Why ? Because competitors and karens are doing this. They report a listing as counterfeit. If enough people do it, and if over time there are enough SNAD returns, it will be flagged for removal.

So beat them at their own game, sell only a few at a time.
The Following User Says Thank You to HurricaneHuntr For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (05-11-2021)
Old 05-08-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHuntr View Post
I will give you some tips.. I have been getting random removals of items out of stock for months. I no longer am doing big time GTCs.Anything that may be brand related or branded..Depending the risk of the item. I sell 1-2 per listing and just end the gtc and relist it.. Why ? Because competitors and karens are doing this. They report a listing as counterfeit. If enough people do it, and if over time there are enough SNAD returns, it will be flagged for removal.

I appreciate the advice. Seems like all that work just to make a dollar or 2 per item is very tedious
Old 05-08-2021
Threadstarter  

What if I hired a lawyer to contact ebay? As I really think what they are doing is unfair. Removing the listings. And restricting my account for something that obviously is not ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Has no trademark infringements.

I lose the sale of those items and all the other items on my account
Old 05-08-2021

Longevity: 59%

Of all of the options that Vero members have to remove auctions, the counterfeit form is by far the easiest. It requires just a statement that the item is counterfeit and a signature. Other Vero violations require more from the rights owners. So, they often just state it is counterfeit since it is so easy.
Old 05-09-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing081 View Post
What if I hired a lawyer to contact ebay? As I really think what they are doing is unfair. Removing the listings. And restricting my account for something that obviously is not ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Has no trademark infringements.

I lose the sale of those items and all the other items on my account
Lawyer is going to take some $ from you - fight like this for an account is potentially going to be long and drawn out...effort vs reward to be considered...
Old 05-11-2021

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHuntr View Post

EXACTLY!

I have been doing this since 2017. It is worth the time.