PLEASE guys. I'm BEGGING you. I need service metrics data from you guys. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-22-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default PLEASE guys. I'm BEGGING you. I need service metrics data from you guys.

I'm not asking for much here. It literally takes seconds of your time. No personal data.

So many people on this forum, and I can only get TWO of you to give me any data? That's seriously f ucked up and shi tty lol. Is this forum really that dead? Or do you guys just not give a **** anymore about any of this?

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-22-2021

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: PLEASE guys. I'm BEGGING you. I need service metrics data from you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james13v View Post
I'm not asking for much here. It literally takes seconds of your time. No personal data.

So many people on this forum, and I can only get TWO of you to give me any data? That's seriously f ucked up and shi tty lol. Is this forum really that dead? Or do you guys just not give a **** anymore about any of this?

We help here barely on a goodwill. If stealth game is too hard for you - maybe you need to switch to something else?
Old 05-22-2021
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%
Default Re: PLEASE guys. I'm BEGGING you. I need service metrics data from you guys.

https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-d...formation.html

Most people are concerned about getting back on eBay, Amazon or whatever platform they're working with and less worried about metrics. If it was a bigger issue it would get more attention.
Old 05-22-2021
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-d...formation.html

Most people are concerned about getting back on eBay, Amazon or whatever platform they're working with and less worried about metrics. If it was a bigger issue it would get more attention.
Yeah, because service metrics completely destroying peoples accounts, isn't a great concern. The problem is, it's not talked about at all, and ebay hides it, and it's not in your face the way other things are. It's easy when you are below standard and can see a percentage.

People on here talk about random things all the time, that don't matter. There are hours and hours of just random BS being talked about. This is the ebay discussion forum. There is an ebay suspension and amazon suspension forum for people that are concerned about getting back on ebay. the ebay discussion forum, is where we DISCUSS EBAY. You created it. So what exactly was the purpose of it in your eyes, if not to discuss various ebay related matters, that aren't concentrated on suspensions, which, again, has it's own entire forum section.

But no one wants to talk about service metrics? Why, because it hasn't destroyed their accounts yet? Because being judged based on arbitrary numbers that we can't even prove, isn't important, but being concerned about high late shipments and cased closed without resolution, which are clera and concise and completely in our control, IS super important, that it requires threads after threads?

But yes, pretend that service metrics don't matter at all.

Just gas light people into that, the way ebay has been doing.

I have a niche market. I can't just create dozens of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ accounts the way other people can

My business is being destroyed right now.
I'm SOOOO sorry for being concerned about that. My apologies. I take it all back. Nothing to see here. I'll be on my way, while my business burns to the ground around me.

Man, you of all people. Just unbelievable. Ebay not giving a ****, pisses me off. But they are a business, so hey.

But a community of people that was created to actually care, and help each other out, not giving a ****? That's just a slap in the face. I've been part of this community for 11 years now. I don't even recognize it anymore.

Last edited by james13v; 05-22-2021 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-22-2021
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Lol, all I said was that most people are concerned with other things right now (MP for example, there are way more threads on that subject); I did not say anything against metrics or downplay your issue.

Just be patient because it's something that is less talked about here.
Old 05-22-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 54%

Simple rule if you can't keep it upto ebay or any other platform standards then you have to change your business model

Ebay Amazon don't care about sellers they following AZ and you will see more and more strict for sellers in coming years

You have to move on or you will be left alone like Nokia
Old 05-22-2021

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

If I recall some of your past posts,you buy and resell on Ebay?
I know many sellers on other sites find their items on Ebay,but reselling what you found on Ebay on Ebay is harder.
Old 05-22-2021

Longevity: 37%

Bro, service metrics won't slow down your sales, you've mistaken eBay normal cycling/routing of sales with something else.

Let's say your item not received is very high at 2% and the average of your category is 0.25%, being very high in this scenario at 2% will have zero effect on your sales (this is probed and tested).

Being very high on "Item not as described" will result in you paying higher FVF.

The eBay algorithm is very simple:

1. keep your account above standard or preferably top rated (even though it is not certain that top-rated actually affects sales positively).

2. Watch your detailed-seller-feedback and never go below 4.8 out of 5 stars (I have seen sellers with 4.7 out of 5 and they were killing it on eBay).

3. Never let cases get closed by eBay after being escalated (Very damaging to your account and could actually result in a permanent ban).

4. ALWAYS ship on time (Talking about marking items as "shipped").

5. Process returns ASAP.

Do the above and understand that eBay will cut your traffic by 30-50% for a good 5 months every year, they do this to give everybody a chance. I am actually against this concept on their part, but I see this happening to mega-sellers every year.