eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Important - eBay can track you via browser fingerprints ! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/145683-important-ebay-can-track-you-via-browser-fingerprints.html)

Lmfao 10-20-2021 06:44 AM

Important - eBay can track you via browser fingerprints !

Thesafety.us kit can show browser fingerprints even if you use different windows users with fresh installed chrome browsers and of course different IPs…

So I am pretty sure eBay can also see this.. any suggestions how to avoid this??

Or shall I need to have completely new PC for each account now ? Or VPS ?

muzzie 10-20-2021 07:10 AM

Re: Important - eBay can track you via browser fingerprints !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmfao (Post 1173480)
Thesafety.us kit can show browser fingerprints even if you use different windows users with fresh installed chrome browsers and of course different IPs…

So I am pretty sure eBay can also see this.. any suggestions how to avoid this??

Completely virgin pc or phone works just okay. As they seem to check hardware as well.

phaz0rz 10-20-2021 07:28 AM

https://chrisx.xyz/blog/yet-another-...rdening-guide/

I don't use Chrome but with firefox, by manually tweaking tons of settings in about:config I've been able to confuse the hell out of websites. When I go to whoer.net now it shows the wrong operating system, browser, system time, everything. Aspkin's rented CDN absolutely hates it and won't ever let me on the site anymore if I try to use a VPN. :boink:

muzzie 10-20-2021 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1173485)
https://chrisx.xyz/blog/yet-another-...rdening-guide/

I don't use Chrome but with firefox, by manually tweaking tons of settings in about:config I've been able to confuse the hell out of websites. When I go to whoer.net now it shows the wrong operating system, browser, system time, everything. Aspkin's rented CDN absolutely hates it and won't ever let me on the site anymore if I try to use a VPN. :boink:

Thing is that hardening makes things even worse, as ebay bots now work very simple - if they do not see a picture of an average customer, they block you straight away. So that is why a real device is needed - to pass bot check. There seem to be no software (vps, multilogin, multiuser) that can trick them now reliably. But just using a clean brand new device via 4g network works great.

dano 10-20-2021 07:57 AM

good morning

phaz0rz 10-20-2021 08:52 AM

Good morning dano. Is it really morning in Italy right now?

@muzzie - aside from hcaptcha's every time I login I haven't had any problems. For the most part though I agree with what you're saying. Taking extra steps to "anonymize" yourself just makes you look suspicious from eBay's POV because you don't look like a normal user. I did it primarily for places other than eBay and have been considering moving my eBay account to a portable FF which isn't hardened to avoid all the captchas.

Lmfao 10-20-2021 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 1173497)
Good morning dano. Is it really morning in Italy right now?

@muzzie - aside from hcaptcha's every time I login I haven't had any problems. For the most part though I agree with what you're saying. Taking extra steps to "anonymize" yourself just makes you look suspicious from eBay's POV because you don't look like a normal user. I did it primarily for places other than eBay and have been considering moving my eBay account to a portable FF which isn't hardened to avoid all the captchas.

Thanks for the info, it’s very useful. So you’re just using different windows user accounts?

muzzie 10-20-2021 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmfao (Post 1173498)
Thanks for the info, it’s very useful. So you’re just using different windows user accounts?

You cant to that as hardware stays the same.

phaz0rz 10-20-2021 09:42 AM

I'm just using different copies of Firefox portable for each account. I used to use virtual machines but I no longer feel it's necessary.

My main account is the one selling on a "hardened" instance of Firefox.

JamesLee 10-20-2021 04:24 PM

Firefox or virtual machine seems does not work for creating new accounts. New PC is good when creating new account.

dune 10-20-2021 04:47 PM

Don't get crazy, different users in same PC shall be ok

JamesLee 10-21-2021 02:39 PM

I don't think different users should be OK now, especially when you create new stealth account.

muzzie 10-21-2021 03:15 PM

Virtual machines and different users do not work anymore. New hardware needed.

dune 10-21-2021 04:00 PM

Paranoia or solid basis to affirm it ?

DENDEN76 10-22-2021 02:56 AM

On bonanza they pull webgl and canvas which stays the same across similar browsers and user accounts. I use canvas blocker which creates and maintains fingerprints across multiple sites. Seems to work

MM78 10-22-2021 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmfao (Post 1173480)

That site can't even detect I'm running a Proxy.
http://i.postimg.cc/5yF9NHb7/screen2.jpg

rsot 10-22-2021 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENDEN76 (Post 1173705)
On bonanza they pull webgl and canvas which stays the same across similar browsers and user accounts. I use canvas blocker which creates and maintains fingerprints across multiple sites. Seems to work

Go on with the operations

jamthedeejay 10-22-2021 06:39 AM

I'm not sure this is true..

DENDEN76 10-22-2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamthedeejay (Post 1173746)
I'm not sure this is true..

Download a fingerprint blocker extension. They show notifications when canvas or webgl is requested. It happens on specific pages with every page reload. Some sites dont pull the data at all.

dune 10-22-2021 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENDEN76 (Post 1173758)
Download a fingerprint blocker extension. They show notifications when canvas or webgl is requested. It happens on specific pages with every page reload. Some sites dont pull the data at all.

eBay hates those tricks

DENDEN76 10-22-2021 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aorcat (Post 1173788)
eBay hates those tricks

Its only meant to prove that they are pulling the data in case you're unsure not for creating actual accounts

dune 10-23-2021 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENDEN76 (Post 1173810)
Its only meant to prove that they are pulling the data in case you're unsure not for creating actual accounts

But how do you know eBay checks that?. I know your PC/ Browser leak info but eBay doesn't check it. Got several eBays suspended but nothing happens if opening a new in the same PC. I just use different PC users, that's all. And it has been working for me since I began on eBay in 2003