Is it that risky to only change name/ surname? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-22-2021

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 46%
Default Is it that risky to only change name (not surname)?

Hi, If I only change name/ surname in "My eBay> configuration> personal details" and put REAL ID number/DOB in the M.P. page ... Will I be asked for docs immediately?

Maybe changing only the name (not the surname) + leaving address intact could not raise the flag

Any suggestions please?

Last edited by dune; 11-22-2021 at 01:43 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-22-2021

Activity: 86%
Default Re: Is it that risky to only change name (not surname)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aorcat View Post
Hi, If I only change name/ surname in "My eBay> configuration> personal details" and put REAL ID number/DOB in the M.P. page ... Will I be asked for docs immediately?

Maybe changing only the name (not the surname) + leaving address intact could not raise the flag

Any suggestions please?
this depends on whether you were verified on MP , changing personal details on a verified account may lead to suspension because MP accounts are not allowed to be transferred. if you are not verified it is likely that nothing will happen as the verification has yet to come
Old 11-22-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 14%
Default Re: Is it that risky to only change name/ surname?

It does not lead to any suspension or any kind of negative action.
Since MP commenced I've changed first, last and many times both names and nothing happens.
Once they slapped me with MC011 months down the road but it was for the items I was selling.
They asked me to explain the change of name by the way and account came back to life.
The Following User Says Thank You to Heveltica For This Useful Post:
DarkKnight17 (11-25-2021)
Old 11-22-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
this depends on whether you were verified on MP , changing personal details on a verified account may lead to suspension because MP accounts are not allowed to be transferred. if you are not verified it is likely that nothing will happen as the verification has yet to come
Thank you. Not verified yet. But I don't want to be asked for docs (will try to keep "low level profile ...). So for my intention, is it safe to change both name/ surname?

Where do I make the change?: In configuration>personal info, or directly in the MP page registration/ confirmation page?
Old 11-22-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aorcat View Post
Where do I make the change?: In configuration>personal info, or directly in the MP page registration/ confirmation page?
My own experience has been to let the eb info stay stealth and only change the MP page info to match that to the bank
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
DarkKnight17 (11-25-2021), dune (11-22-2021)
Old 11-22-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
My own experience has been to let the eb info stay stealth and only change the MP page info to match that to the bank
And as somebody said in the forum don't you receive an eMail saying:
Thank you for registering in MP Mr "Stealh Stealth" instead Mr "Real Real'?

It has to be weird at the eyes of the bots/ staff ...
Old 11-22-2021

Activity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heveltica View Post
It does not lead to any suspension or any kind of negative action.
Since MP commenced I've changed first, last and many times both names and nothing happens.
Once they slapped me with MC011 months down the road but it was for the items I was selling.
They asked me to explain the change of name by the way and account came back to life.
only on unverified MP accounts , once verification is done changing personal details will not be allowed without new verification
Old 11-22-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 54%

Don't agree with above comments, I recently changed the name date of birth on MP account, account was running on MP for almost 6 months and ebay restricted the account due to TW
So I had to change and its still passed
Old 11-25-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Yes unverified accounts not on MP yet. But if I change to real in the MP registration page the original stealth name doesn't do it at configuration>personal info. It remains the same forever!?. This must lead to suspensions soon ...

How long do these "internally missmatched" accounts last?. Maybe less time/ money reception limit than if you start from zero with new accounts on real name/DOB/ID number too ...

So is it better to start fresh accounts instead "correcting" old unverified stealths?

Last edited by dune; 11-25-2021 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11-26-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 31%

I have many accounts.
sometimes i need to call them and to match the gender i change the name.

If the account is verified for MP with documents, this will NOT lead to any suspensions or restrictions and they will NOT to ask to upload documents for the new identity.

If the account is not verified this also will have no impact as you can change the name at any time.

only thing which MIGHT happen is that you are getting locked out of the ebay account do unaothorized activitiy and they will ask you to reset the password, which cna be done by receiving a code by email or sms on the registered number. this happens in around 1 out of 5 cases, and if it happens it is resolved after you rested the password
Old 11-26-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
Don't agree with above comments, I recently changed the name date of birth on MP account, account was running on MP for almost 6 months and ebay restricted the account due to TW
So I had to change and its still passed
Impressive - account probably did not trip any other flags
Old 11-26-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbur View Post
I have many accounts.
sometimes i need to call them and to match the gender i change the name.

If the account is verified for MP with documents, this will NOT lead to any suspensions or restrictions and they will NOT to ask to upload documents for the new identity.

If the account is not verified this also will have no impact as you can change the name at any time.

only thing which MIGHT happen is that you are getting locked out of the ebay account do unaothorized activitiy and they will ask you to reset the password, which cna be done by receiving a code by email or sms on the registered number. this happens in around 1 out of 5 cases, and if it happens it is resolved after you rested the password
But where do you change the info?: In my account>configuration>personal info or in the MP registration page?. Just the name?, or both name and surname?