Funds on hold for legit account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-26-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 30%
Default Funds on hold for legit account

Hello.
I'm wondering if anybody faced this:
I have legit. eBay account swithed to Managed payments 6 month ago with Tranferwize bank account confirmed by Ebay. All that time I've received payouts to that account wiht no any probem. Just a week ago I've received message from ebay asking to provide information again to confirm my identity, so I did provide te same documents (passport, driving icence and same WIZE bank account) again. But this time Ebay refused to accept WIZE and hod my funds.
I didn't anything wrong, no VERO, no defects, with more than 1000 100% positive feedbacks business account. Contacted eBay support - no even reply within 72 hours as promissed. The only thing they advised - to change the bank. But the things are Im not in the UK right now for persona circunstances and can not wak in to the physical bank. I have invested in stock and reiled on eBay business. But now I can't sell! Any idea? Go to arbitrary? Where to?
Many Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-26-2021

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Funds on hold for legit account

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionsbay View Post
Hello.

I have legit. eBay account swithed to Managed payments 6 month ago with Tranferwize bank account confirmed by Ebay. All that time I've received payouts to that account wiht no any probem. Just a week ago I've received message from ebay asking to provide information again to confirm my identity, so I did provide te same documents (passport, driving icence and same WIZE bank account) again. But this time Ebay refused to accept WIZE and hod my funds.

I didn't anything wrong, no VERO, no defects, with more than 1000 100% positive feedbacks business account. Contacted eBay support - no even reply within 72 hours as promissed. The only thing they advised - to change the bank. But the things are Im not in the UK right now for persona circunstances and can not wak in to the physical bank. I have invested in stock and reiled on eBay business. But now I can't sell! Any idea? Go to arbitrary? Where to?

Many Thanks
Wise seems not working good in a long run. But I suggest a reply from them - in my case, bank-caused hold took a month to get lifted. I was just waiting, waiting, philipino reps were giving copypaste replies asking to wait, and it happened.
Old 11-26-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 54%

Wise is big no for ebay sooner or later your account will get restricted, then you only able to add physical bank account, no matter what you do until you will not add physical bank account your restrictions will not remove, normally they process within 24 hours longer then this means they rejected your request
Old 11-26-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
Wise is big no for ebay sooner or later your account will get restricted, then you only able to add physical bank account, no matter what you do until you will not add physical bank account your restrictions will not remove, normally they process within 24 hours longer then this means they rejected your request
And that means eBay stands out above any law and normal common sence? That eBay can do whatever company deside to do with no punishment for ripp people off without any responsibility?
In my point of wiev this is a pure pobery!
Old 11-26-2021

Quote:
And that means eBay stands out above any law and normal common sence? That eBay can do whatever company deside to do with no punishment for ripp people off without any responsibility?

In my point of wiev this is a pure pobery!
They evaluate it from the position of power. "We kick you in the balls as we believe that Wise is used mostly by fraudsters, and if you object - welcome to the court"
Old 11-27-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
They evaluate it from the position of power. "We kick you in the balls as we believe that Wise is used mostly by fraudsters, and if you object - welcome to the court"
very temperamental for sellers
Old 11-27-2021

Activity: 86%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Hello.
Many Thanks
can you tell the exact text of email asking to confirm identity?
Old 11-27-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
can you tell the exact text of email asking to confirm identity?
Thank you for your prompt response to our request to verify account information. Regrettably, we need to inform you that we were not able to complete verification with the wise statement you provided.. 

In order to complete our verification process, we are asking you to provide a bank statement. Your bank statement will be used to validate the identity information you provided previously. Until you provide us with this documentation, your payouts are on hold. Please ensure the Account details on the bank statement match with eBay account

Please upload a bank statement that:

• Includes the name and address of the account owner or business entity

• Includes the bank's name

• Includes transactions details

• Lists the bank account number (at least the last 4 digits)

• Is less than 3 months old

Open the following secure eBay link to upload your documents: https://ocsnext.eBay.com/ocs/mudcwf.....

Thank you for your understanding and quick action in resolving this important step.

Best regards,  

eBay
Old 11-27-2021

Iban discrimination it is. However, seems a real bank is needed in this case.
Old 11-27-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Iban discrimination it is. However, seems a real bank is needed in this case.
I had nothing against to open a high street bank account but in my case I need to fly back to the UK and then back here whee I have to stay for now. I my case now is amost impossible taking to account all that COVID mess. I was fully relied on eBay and that eBay business. The most crappy attitude that Managed payment staff ooked the documents and accepted them 6 month ago thout any warning. If they think the online banks are fraudster's nest they should have warned at the first instance, but they didn't.
I have all chat transcripts saved.
It's like you make somebody dependant on the drug/or similar and then refuse to provide with

Last edited by auctionsbay; 11-27-2021 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-27-2021

They don't give a sheet about you. So business should be built in a way that every day might be the last for your account - meaning you should operate few of them to ensure continuous operations. Ebay compliance is run by absolutely inadequate people who follow even more inadequate guidelines, and certainly you can't rely on their mood.

Last edited by muzzie; 11-27-2021 at 07:31 AM.
Old 11-27-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
They don't give a sheet about you. So business should be built in a way that every day might be the last for your account - meaning you should operate few of them to ensure continuous operations. Ebay compliance is run by absolutely inadequate people who follow even more inadequate guidelines, and certainly you can rely on their mood.
That's I understood allready but the qestion how to make them punishment?
Is somebody expressed ruthless behaviour on the road as an example he gets punished. Especially if it caused financial losses.
Old 11-27-2021

Quote:
That's I understood allready but the qestion how to make them punishment?

Is somebody expressed ruthless behaviour on the road as an example he gets punished. Especially if it caused financial losses.
There is a court for that. As their policies are illegal - blocking money because they suddenly don't like your bank... and they use bank to verify identity, while they already verified it via Credit Check... nonsense.
Old 11-27-2021

it is not the original message but I know what it is. it is a mass restriction based on bank account on file. in such cases the account is toast even if you send in a high street bank statement
Old 11-27-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
it is not the original message but I know what it is. it is a mass restriction based on bank account on file. in such cases the account is toast even if you send in a high street bank statement
Yes, this is the second message after I upoaded all requested documents
The initia below, but what you mean by this "a mass restriction based on bank account on file"? I have never had any probem with bank account.

Thank you for being a valued member of eBay's Managed Payments program.

In order to complete our verification process, we are asking you to provide a front and back of your photo ID (such as a passport or driver's license or National ID Card). Your ID will be used to validate the identity information you provided previously. We also request that you upload a copy of a recent bank statement so we can verify your bank details.

Until you provide us with this documentation, your payouts are on hold.

If your eBay account information does not match your ID exactly, we also ask that you update any information that differs from your ID before you proceed with the upload.

Please ensure the ID document you provide includes your:
Full legal name and the ID number
Date of birth

Additionally, the document you provide needs to:
Be current (not expired)
Be in color
Contain the full document with no part of the document obscured or cropped
Contain the complete MRZ code (if providing a passport)
Contain Front and Back of the ID document (if providing driver's license/National ID Card)
Be an official government-issued ID document

Also, please upload a bank statement that:
Includes the name and address of the account owner or business entity
Includes the bank's name
Includes transaction details
Lists the bank account number (at least the last 4 digits) which must match the bank account on file with eBay
Is less than 3 months old

Open the following secure eBay link to upload your documents:

https://ocsnext.eBay.com

Thank you for your understanding and quick action in resolving this important step.

Best regards,
eBay Managed Payments Team
Old 11-27-2021

don't bother opening a high street bank account for this , you will not be reinstated

this is a mass message that ebay started sending to people using virtual bank accounts. a virtual bank is any financial organization that does not have a full UK banking licence

the only exception might be revolut as they have lots of customers , ebay would be fearful of blocking them. although most stealth and fraud accounts are now run on revolut
Old 11-27-2021

Quote:
don't bother opening a high street bank account for this , you will not be reinstated

this is a mass message that ebay started sending to people using virtual bank accounts. a virtual bank is any financial organization that does not have a full UK banking licence

the only exception might be revolut as they have lots of customers , ebay would be fearful of blocking them. although most stealth and fraud accounts are now run on revolut
Wise has almost the same number of customers. Weird that they are considered bad compared to Revolut, which accs are widely traded in certain places.
Old 11-27-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:

That sound strange. If eBay have had no intentions to accept that bank account why they accepted it initially? It looks like you're welcoming somebody to your house and then after he/she enters and you've even hosted them you ask how you came and punish them by shooting in the head? This is against normal common sense first and if it is there should be punishment for such sort of actions!
Old 11-27-2021

Quote:
That sound strange. If eBay have had no intentions to accept that bank account why they accepted it initially? It looks like you're welcoming somebody to your house and then after he/she enters and you've even hosted them you ask how you came and punish them by shooting in the head? This is against normal common sense first and if it is there should be punishment for such sort of actions!
Part of their business model. Losing in courts makes smaller damage than seizing funds. Just like PayPal does. They give seized funds to the state (not sure, but they state so), but they keep them for 5 years first, and use to make their business grow, for free. Paypal has around 1B frozen at any time, imagine how much interest they make from these money.
Old 11-27-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Part of their business model. Losing in courts makes smaller damage than seizing funds. Just like PayPal does. They give seized funds to the state (not sure, but they state so), but they keep them for 5 years first, and use to make their business grow, for free. Paypal has around 1B frozen at any time, imagine how much interest they make from these money.
What kind of business model can write in its User Agreement that they can change mind and throw the customer out without any reason for that and even without any warning? Can you imagine what customer will agree to that terms?
I did not find such condition in eBay user agreement.
Old 11-27-2021

Quote:
What kind of business model can write in its User Agreement that they can change mind and throw the customer out without any reason for that and even without any warning? Can you imagine what customer will agree to that terms?

I did not find such condition in eBay user agreement.
There is a statement that they might evaluate their users at any time and close their accounts at will without disclosing the reason. It is written in a very formal language, but it is there.
Old 11-27-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
There is a statement that they might evaluate their users at any time and close their accounts at will without disclosing the reason. It is written in a very formal language, but it is there.
I've ony foud this;
"Without limiting eBay's ability to refuse, modify, or terminate all or part of our Services, eBay may also terminate this Agreement with anyone at any time for any reason, at our sole discretion, by giving notice of such termination."

But is does not say this termination must not have any consequences, though
"for any reason" is different to "without reason".
Even the reason "We don't ike you" could lead to question "why"?
And that the way to pure discrimination.
Reason "we don't ike your bank account is not the case because it was liked for 6 month

Last edited by auctionsbay; 11-27-2021 at 10:57 AM.