is this a big mistake??? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-07-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Default is this a big mistake???

i noticed the sent messages on ebay can no longer be deleted..i had sent allot of messages to buyers on to where to return the item for a refund or exchanges. my real address that is. i have just noticed that it would be better to reply through regular email...but i havent noticed that they removed that option... i had a listing removed after selling 100 of the same items and not sure to just ditch the account and work with a new stealth. is this ebays new tactics to go through your sent messages specifically targeting stealth accounts? knowing that we would tell buyers to ship the item back to a banned address and linking you?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

I always send the buyer return/exchange information through regular email.
Then I go into my eBay and send the buyer a eBay mesasge that says something like:
I have sent you a email to your XXX@XXX.XXX email address.
This email contains your return/exchange information that you requested.

This way the buyer gets the info they want/need and I do not enter my address into eBay in any way.
OfficialGenius (11-07-2009)
Old 11-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

HWGA, just curious, if you did this method, and I do it too - how would you handle the buyer being a vero spy....I give a box address but it gets expensive real quick here in UK.....
Old 11-07-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

^^^^^^^
My return/exchange is a Post Office Box.
Has been for about 3 years.
I simply look at it as part of doing business we have chosen to do.

Some storage building/shed locations here in the US do allow you to receive at their location.
That might be the same in the UK. I do not know.
Old 11-07-2009

Longevity: 84%

I would tread lightly with that account now if that type of info has been written in sent ebay emails cause ebay won't let you delete the emails for a reason like you mentioned...what really is annoying is when you have all your emails tied to your blackberry and the people asking questions after they paid you block their emails when sending messages through ebay....if they did not pay you then I just let the message go but when you got their money and don't answer them they get weird fast.

we usually do 1 of 2 things in regards to returns:

1. We tell the customer to return the item for a full refund and give them a fXXE address to return it. Tell them the item must be sent back with a tracking number which is paypal's policy.

We have noticed about 6-7 out 10 times on lower cost items (under $100usd) they say yea I will will return it....then you never hear from them again which results in no refund back to them cause they don't want to drive to the post office. If they do send it back then you refund them as soon as the item starts tracking and tell them you wanted to get their funds back as soon as possible. Sometimes we tell buyers we will refund you as soon as the item is tracking but that is a case by case situation especially a no no on jewlery and high cost items of course.

#2. This option is just a flat out immediate refund as soon as they express unhappiness via email. Let them keep the item...give them a no hassle transaction and they end up happier than if they would have got the item they wanted in the first place. We have never had a negative fb in this situation...it usually results in immediate positive feedback in CAPITAL LETTERS. Some people knock this method cause they say customers can abuse it but if its a stealth account that is not going to be listing every single month they (an abusive scammer) are going to have to track you down to keep pulling the unhappy scam.

SO again this will depend on the item you are selling, the profit margin ect...if your getting more return request then final sales I think it's fair to say find another product or supplier or both.