eBay HELPS scammers - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-23-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default eBay HELPS scammers

Hi guys,

want to share a situation that is really dangerous, but really really dangerous.

I had a limitation on selling days ago, money are holds now by MP for 1/3 months, and items are arriving at the people.

The " funny" part is that. If a fraudolent buyer open a dispute for non delivered item even the item signed as delivered in the tracking, eBay sistem, because the restriction on the account, will refund instantly or so if the scammer escalate the problem to customer care.

I was refused appealing that scams, and contacting eBay they told me they can't do nothing because the restriction. I'm at the second phone call, third chat and some email that i'm waiting answers. They can't do nothing

This is not wrote anywhere, and it is a big abuse by eBay. Because at the moment of limitation they invite you to end to ship the sells, but then they hold your money giving free refund to fradulent buyers, claiming not arrived item, but in the real world tracked as delivered

Pay attention guys
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-23-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: eBay HELPS scammers

They have shady practices that benefit sellers sometimes as well. Like when a seller sells hundreds of a counterfeit item within a few days, then eBay removes the listing so none of the buyers can leave feedback warning others.

I think what you described is how Amazon also handles disputes on suspended/restricted accounts.

Most of your buyers in this case probably aren't setting out to scam you, but get worried when they see that the account they bought from no longer exists.
Old 12-23-2021

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 89%
Longevity: 33%

but they have received the item,why should they care the listings are not there?
what kind of tracking did you use?
why were you suspended?if you are selling knockoffs or counterfeits,buyers may have receieved the item,they could later file item not as described.
Old 12-23-2021
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Crimes of opportunity, or they feel they've been ripped off. One of the two most likely.
Old 12-23-2021
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Crimes of opportunity, or they feel they've been ripped off. One of the two most likely.
They claimed as not received, escalating to customer care, even the tracking showing delivered

I was selling legit items, but i sold a lot after a sleeping period on that account of about 6 months. I had 70 sells in a week or so, few feedbacks left by buyers, many shippings on travel, and 4 customer claim for non received, i think you know christmas time is the best time to face late deliveries. And for that i got limited

Last edited by dano; 12-23-2021 at 05:43 PM.
Old 12-23-2021

Longevity: 13%

The return/dispute on eBay is a joke. I had a guy scam me from a $250 CPU. 2 days after delivery I wake up to a return request because the buyer claims they haven’t received their item. On top of that I received a email saying security warning this listing has been removed because the buyer account has been accessed by a 3rd party. Tracking showed delivered and I waited for eBay to step in and they closed the case in the buyer favor AND refunded him. I was out of $250 AND MY CPU. I FELT LIKE I GOT ROBBED.

So you know what. I’m about to start doing the same thing on some of my stealth accounts. If enough people keeps abusing the system eBay will eventually change their policy. THIS 100% Moneyback guarantee does not sit right with me

Last edited by Roy3805; 12-23-2021 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-24-2021

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 89%
Longevity: 33%

This sounds like a case of UA-unauthorised transaction,meaning some one hacked into his Ebay account and made a purchase,did you ship to his legit address ??if your tracking shows it was not delivered to his address,then you lose.
Under Paypal,with UA,seller needs to show he has shipped,not necessarily delivered to get seller protection,but you have to ship to the address given in Paypal notice email sent to you.
Under MP,what does it say when your receive notfication?what address?
Old 12-24-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy3805 View Post
So you know what. I’m about to start doing the same thing on some of my stealth accounts. If enough people keeps abusing the system eBay will eventually change their policy. THIS 100% Moneyback guarantee does not sit right with me
No point in being a part of the problem. You'll just lose your ability to buy on eBay sooner or later. I get abusive buyers suspended a few times a year.
Old 12-25-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
No point in being a part of the problem. You'll just lose your ability to buy on eBay sooner or later. I get abusive buyers suspended a few times a year.
Agree with phaz - better efforts placed elsewhere
Old 12-25-2021

Activity: 46%
Longevity: 44%

Ebay dont need sellers. They get money from buyers. If there will not be buyers then why they need sellers ?

If course they will protect buyers
Old 12-26-2021

Longevity: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano View Post
Hi guys,

want to share a situation that is really dangerous, but really really dangerous.

I had a limitation on selling days ago, money are holds now by MP for 1/3 months, and items are arriving at the people.

The " funny" part is that. If a fraudolent buyer open a dispute for non delivered item even the item signed as delivered in the tracking, eBay sistem, because the restriction on the account, will refund instantly or so if the scammer escalate the problem to customer care.

I was refused appealing that scams, and contacting eBay they told me they can't do nothing because the restriction. I'm at the second phone call, third chat and some email that i'm waiting answers. They can't do nothing

This is not wrote anywhere, and it is a big abuse by eBay. Because at the moment of limitation they invite you to end to ship the sells, but then they hold your money giving free refund to fradulent buyers, claiming not arrived item, but in the real world tracked as delivered

Pay attention guys
this is true, bought an item and seller was suspended. item looked lost, but ebay was encouraging me to dispute it said seller is suspended, it won't be a dispute, we'll refund you right now.
Old 12-26-2021
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 16%

Ebay banned me after listing items, and other items with the same niche still alive I don't understand them.
Old 12-26-2021

Activity: 20%
Longevity: 40%

Ebay is doing everything it can to match Amazon when it comes to buyer experience.

On amazon you can speak to customer services and complain about one little detail and sometimes they'll let you keep the item and send out another one ! Or free return no question asked.

On ebay you still have to go through a case ...

The good thing is fradulent buyers are greedy. Ebays good at picking up on a pattern of abuse. Just make sure you report the buyer and they will be suspended.

It won't be so easy to get back on ebay to buying or selling as we have clearly seen now with MP implemented.

In your case, getting suspended means you forfeit your rights to any protection what so ever. The ebay seller protection does not apply to your account anymore. This has always been the case, during this time you can get scammed and there is nothing you can do about it other than take your buyer through small claims court.
Old 12-26-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdulatif View Post
Ebay banned me after listing items, and other items with the same niche still alive I don't understand them.
Which niche?