eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   Account after being restored from MC011 (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/146393-account-after-being-restored-mc011.html)

kirkland 01-02-2022 07:26 PM

Account after being restored from MC011

I received an MC011 but my account was restored. In my case, it was due to issues with the tracking, but luckily they found the account to not have had much issues besides that

For others that have been in the same situation, how does ebay treat your account going forward? Does my account retain some security flag on it for some period of time going forward? Do I need to start selling slow as I did when I first got the account? Or can I simply relist all my old listings, and just be more dilligent about tracking going forward.

Roy3805 01-02-2022 07:34 PM

Re: Account after being restored from MC011

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirkland (Post 1180686)
I received an MC011 but my account was restored. In my case, it was due to issues with the tracking, but luckily they found the account to not have had much issues besides that

For others that have been in the same situation, how does ebay treat your account going forward? Does my account retain some security flag on it for some period of time going forward? Do I need to start selling slow as I did when I first got the account? Or can I simply relist all my old listings, and just be more dilligent about tracking going forward.

Start selling slower and gradually increase. I’ve heard a couple people say ebay will try and hide yours listings after being restored from mc011.

Quick question.. how long did it take for eBay to restore it and what information did they request?

solefoodbk 01-03-2022 01:23 AM

No actually the account is much stronger. Usually a agent will see your account has already gone threw a manual review and will leave you alone. That is, unless you repeat the same issue and make it worse.

From my experience you can continue business as usual.

rsot 01-03-2022 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 1180701)
No actually the account is much stronger. Usually a agent will see your account has already gone threw a manual review and will leave you alone. That is, unless you repeat the same issue and make it worse.

Interesting - also depends on the agent who sees it too

Camaro2SS 01-03-2022 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 1180701)

You have no idea what you are talking about …. You can easily get another mc011. Your account isn’t stronger just because you provided invoices and passed restriction.

Camaro2SS 01-03-2022 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirkland (Post 1180686)

Once you received mc011 your account is pretty much toast even if you passed. It’s flagged and your sales will be reduced especially if they suspect DS. It will take 1-3 month and valid tracking numbers showing same item location scan as indicated on your listing to get back to normal.

kirkland 01-03-2022 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro2SS (Post 1180751)
Once you received mc011 your account is pretty much toast even if you passed. It’s flagged and your sales will be reduced especially if they suspect DS. It will take 1-3 month and valid tracking numbers showing same item location scan as indicated on your listing to get back to normal.

Never was dropshipping. Item always shipped from same zip code.

The tracking issue was due to a stamps.com error. The labels they were selling me (and uploading to my eB) had already been used by previous sellers, so when I was uploading them in November, the buyer was receiving notification that the item was already delivered back in August.

It was so stressful.

SaiJin 01-03-2022 03:10 PM

Hmmm... there's no specific number to tell you right, so I'd go with less according to your instincts. How much do you feel comfortable this week, then if everything goes well, bump it up next week until you get to your max.

But I'd at least wait 1 week before relisting if I were you

Roy3805 01-03-2022 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro2SS (Post 1180750)
You have no idea what you are talking about …. You can easily get another mc011. Your account isn’t stronger just because you provided invoices and passed restriction.

Yeah you’re correct. I’ve seen multiple people complain about after getting restored from mc011 their sales plummeted. They complained about how their listings were hidden. Any type of restriction on eBay is pretty much bad. Which is why most people ditch the account after getting a mc011.

solefoodbk 01-04-2022 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro2SS (Post 1180750)

I can guarantee I know much more than you could ever even imagine but ok , believe what you want.

Roy3805 01-05-2022 12:48 AM

Here’s the link to the problems people had after getting restored from mc011. And I’ve seen once you get a mc011 another mc011 is more likely to happen. Not saying it’s going to happen to everyone though

*warning* eBay community forum link :

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Sellin.../td-p/31905145

rsot 01-05-2022 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy3805 (Post 1180935)
Here’s the link to the problems people had after getting restored from mc011. And I’ve seen once you get a mc011 another mc011 is more likely to happen. Not saying it’s going to happen to everyone though

The staff member replies really seem to put the person's business out there.

Also, please put a warning eb link in these kind of messages

Camaro2SS 01-06-2022 05:56 AM

I’ve been here from day one. Sold on eBay for over a decade and a half and run dozens of stores but apparently you know more than I do. Okay bud …..

Quote:

Originally Posted by solefoodbk (Post 1180925)
I can guarantee I know much more than you could ever even imagine but ok , believe what you want.

rsot 01-06-2022 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro2SS (Post 1181117)
I’ve been here from day one. Sold on eBay for over a decade and a half and run dozens of stores but apparently you know more than I do. Okay bud …..

Sent a light discussion pm :)

Chris161093 01-07-2022 05:02 PM

I received an MC011 on an account and passed if I was worried after Dident know what to really do as was so many different options so I just when for it and sold as I was and listed 5k of products every week and have had no issue with the account since been about a year since the MC011 and not had any issues . I don’t think selling slow is the way forward at least sell how you was before the account got the MC011

SaiJin 01-07-2022 07:07 PM

So why do you think selling slow is not good?
And why do you think selling $20k/mo right off the bat is a good idea?

Roy3805 01-07-2022 09:56 PM

I think whatever you done from the beginning triggered the mc011. Trust me mc011 comes from listing alot of items and selling fast in a short period of time. For you to do the exact thing that got you the mc011 is asking for another one. I would say selling slower and gradually increasing after appealing mc011 is the way to go.

In my opinion I think mc011 is for eBay to counter thieves from selling stolen items and I think for drop shipping too.

So what would thieves do? Sell items fast and get their payment fast!

Chris161093 01-08-2022 07:16 AM

Well why not I give it ago and it has worked for me I don’t think Thair is a right or wrong way I believe everyone should do what is best for them if you have 100k in products listed before the mc011 why not after if anything eBay will think something is funny if you got from 100k listings to say 10k so at the least carry on as before

Chris161093 01-08-2022 07:17 AM

Also I wouldn’t say it was to counter thieves in the past I have had mc011 on many different accounts from my accounts thay just sell second hand media to accounts that sell nothing but second hand items

rsot 01-08-2022 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris161093 (Post 1181335)
Well why not I give it ago and it has worked for me I don’t think Thair is a right or wrong way I believe everyone should do what is best for them if you have 100k in products listed before the mc011 why not after if anything eBay will think something is funny if you got from 100k listings to say 10k so at the least carry on as before

Valid point about not 100% right or wrong way - good idea to have multiple backups on the go

solefoodbk 01-10-2022 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy3805 (Post 1181321)
I think whatever you done from the beginning triggered the mc011. Trust me mc011 comes from listing alot of items and selling fast in a short period of time. For you to do the exact thing that got you the mc011 is asking for another one. I would say selling slower and gradually increasing after appealing mc011 is the way to go.

In my opinion I think mc011 is for eBay to counter thieves from selling stolen items and I think for drop shipping too.

So what would thieves do? Sell items fast and get their payment fast!

This isn't exactly true though. I sold up to 30k per month on a new account that was aged about 6-7 months. The only reason I ran into trouble was my own fault shipping related. They then used that as a reason on top of my shipping problems to soft limit me because "my sales increased to much and they want to better understand my business".

If you keep your metrics clean, and you aren't selling any name brand items you more than likely won't have a problem. I wouldn't recommend doing 30k a month or higher, but just using my own experience as an example.

Key thing to always keep in mind is they make money from sellers. They need us at the end of the day. Just don't give them a reason to want to limit you, and it probably won't.

kirkland 02-08-2022 09:45 PM

UPDATE. The account is selling strong. Its not selling as hard as it was during holiday because the demand isn't there, obv, but its one of my better performing accounts. There also appears to be nothing wrong w the account. Listings appear in search just fine, payouts get paid within 24 hours, etc. Obv YMWV