Representation of design accepted. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-14-2022

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 67%
Default Representation of design accepted.

Hi everyone,

It’s been a while since I’ve made a post I’ve been busy. Today I finally got the design I registered for accepted. All documents came in the post today. If some of you are not aware I was selling headphones on eBay and a company called KL TEK limited had paid £50 for a each none branded/generic item design. They done this so they could eliminate competition for themselves and be greedy.

My advice to anyone out their who sells none generic items if it’s kids tablets, watches, hair trimmers whatever it is please register the picture design your use in your eBay images with the intellectual property rights. If you don’t then you will risk your items being pulled down by savage competitors. Example would be myself now listing the same item which was removed however in my images have my documents for proof of registration and representation of image approval.

So if KL TEK limited attempt to get my listing removed it will not work as the image I’ve registered for is my image for 5 years plus it’s being registered on eBay vero program.

For the sake of paying £50 for a design I.e image your using in your pictures is definitely worth it. I heard a story that someone couldn’t sell a sponge because someone had registered the shape of the sponge I mean seriously come on.

Please don’t allow savage competitors to take your listings down be one step ahead of them and your have a business to be proud of.

P.S my design maybe registered and approved and going on eBay vero program however I will not be a savage competitor and remove any listings who sells the same product as me it’s just for my confidence that my listing can not be touched/removed by any competitors. I hope this helps anyone out their who has issues with their none branded/generic listings on eBay.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-14-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: Representation of design accepted.

Good luck. Keep us posted will any success you have keeping listings up and accounts open or vise versa.
Old 01-14-2022

Longevity: 27%

I hope it works out for you.

But registering an image with vero does not help at all, indeed they wont let you do it and I suspect they'll just direct you to section 4.2 of the Notice of Claimed Infringement form.

And all this does is allow you to attack those who use your image, it offers absolutely zero defence for anyone who want to take you down unless they try to use your image - which as it's unique they clearly wont.

As we discussed on your other thread you fail to understand howe vero works and what its purpose it - attack not defence. You've become so hung up on this image issue you haven't thought about how to truly protect yourself.

If I wanted to take down your listing I would find another angle now the image you're using is no longer an option. ( are you really only using a single image to describe a set of headphones??)

To prove the point, if I take my own photos and use them why do I need to register them with anyone if I don't intend to use them to attack another listing?

As I said, good luck to you but I want other readers to know that the way you've described 'protecting' yourself is useless and should not be taken as good advice. IMO it was a waste of money...sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hank For This Useful Post:
yankee (01-20-2022)
Old 01-15-2022
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your replies. I will keep you posted on any updates.
Old 01-30-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Still up and running? No new VERO take downs or limitations?
Old 01-30-2022
Threadstarter  

I decided to not buy the stock and resell just because profit margins are so small and theirs a lot of competition. I got a return on an expensive product and then my account was flagged for MC011.

I couldn’t get any invoices this time so supplied my bank statement and this time it wasn’t accepted so I can’t sell on my account now. I can buy not sell. I’ve seen sellers on fiver who claim they can appeal this it cost around £250.

Im taking a break from eBay now and just selling on other platforms which is working. I’ve just been accepted for a good deal from someone so I’ll go and pay that in cash tomorrow collect it and re sell for a profit.

What I’m doing now I’m actually enjoying it more than selling on eBay. But I will attempt to get the restriction removed on eBay when I feel like it.
The Following User Says Thank You to samspalace For This Useful Post:
yankee (01-30-2022)
Old 01-31-2022

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
I decided to not buy the stock and resell just because profit margins are so small and theirs a lot of competition. I got a return on an expensive product and then my account was flagged for MC011.

I couldn’t get any invoices this time so supplied my bank statement and this time it wasn’t accepted so I can’t sell on my account now. I can buy not sell. I’ve seen sellers on fiver who claim they can appeal this it cost around £250.

Im taking a break from eBay now and just selling on other platforms which is working. I’ve just been accepted for a good deal from someone so I’ll go and pay that in cash tomorrow collect it and re sell for a profit.

What I’m doing now I’m actually enjoying it more than selling on eBay. But I will attempt to get the restriction removed on eBay when I feel like it.
You mind sharing which platforms you selling on?
Old 01-31-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

this is the eBay thread so I'm assuming he's selling on eBay
Old 01-31-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laflame View Post
You mind sharing which platforms you selling on?
Platforms I’m selling on is Facebook, Gumtree and Shpock. I think to do well on Facebook the product must be in high demand if it’s in high demand and people want it they will buy it.
Old 01-31-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
this is the eBay thread so I'm assuming he's selling on eBay
I was selling on eBay until I got hit with another MC011 failed to resolve that but I kind of new what I sent wasn’t going to work but it’s not suspended it’s only restricted so I will attempt to fix it when I can be bothered to. Im in no hurry. I’m still making money off eBay it’s a lot different but it’s definitely a lot more fun tho.