eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   eBay Discussion! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/)
-   -   "The seller can't send a return shipping label" (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-discussion/146599-seller-cant-send-return-shipping-label.html)

kirkland 01-19-2022 09:32 PM

"The seller can't send a return shipping label"

Just got this for the first time ever, for a return I am trying to make as a buyer. Wtf?

I'm assuming this is because this is an international seller. However, when I purchased the item, the buyer's location was a US based one. In the past few days, I noticed he changed all his locations (as well as his return shipping address) to an overseas one.

From what I understand, it would cost me 300$ to send my $180 purchase back for a refund. All for a defective item. Are they expecting me to purchase a $300 label to finance a return for a $180 defective item? I've read some other posts where the seller promised to reimburse the buyer for return shipping for similar situations, but in every case, they never did.

What should I do? Has anyone else had this problem?

How does one enable this feature on their account anyway?

bytor3k 01-20-2022 12:31 PM

Re: "The seller can't send a return shipping label"

Did you try contacting eBay and ask them what to do?

rsot 01-21-2022 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bytor3k (Post 1182573)
Did you try contacting eBay and ask them what to do?

I don't think eb agents would be of much help here - seller seems to be clever on the address change

SaiJin 01-21-2022 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirkland (Post 1182479)
Just got this for the first time ever, for a return I am trying to make as a buyer. Wtf?

I'm assuming this is because this is an international seller. However, when I purchased the item, the buyer's location was a US based one. In the past few days, I noticed he changed all his locations (as well as his return shipping address) to an overseas one.

From what I understand, it would cost me 300$ to send my $180 purchase back for a refund. All for a defective item. Are they expecting me to purchase a $300 label to finance a return for a $180 defective item? I've read some other posts where the seller promised to reimburse the buyer for return shipping for similar situations, but in every case, they never did.

What should I do? Has anyone else had this problem?

How does one enable this feature on their account anyway?

Wait he kept changing his address to outside of USA?

the hell... Either way eBay should be able to give you a label though

agent006140 01-21-2022 10:49 AM

for defective item filed as Item not as described,seller would have to provide a shipping label,you should escalate to get Ebay involved.
cant recall how Ebay will handle this,go to Ebay seller forum and ask.
years ago,in my case,the seller sent me $$ to buy a label,around $49 dollars,it may be different now.
if he has changed his address to an overseas address,he is just making the situation worse if he has to give you a return shipping label,he could just refund you in full and let you keep the item.
if Ebay is involved,he has x number of days to respond,if he does not,then eBAY WILL refund you in full and close the case.,

rsot 01-23-2022 07:31 AM

OP, able to share what is this defective item?

bruh 01-25-2022 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1182679)
for defective item filed as Item not as described,seller would have to provide a shipping label,you should escalate to get Ebay involved.
cant recall how Ebay will handle this,go to Ebay seller forum and ask.
years ago,in my case,the seller sent me $$ to buy a label,around $49 dollars,it may be different now.
if he has changed his address to an overseas address,he is just making the situation worse if he has to give you a return shipping label,he could just refund you in full and let you keep the item.
if Ebay is involved,he has x number of days to respond,if he does not,then eBAY WILL refund you in full and close the case.,

Seller should send money as far as I know too. But buyer has to communicate with seller and not be rude.

rsot 01-25-2022 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruh (Post 1183033)
Seller should send money as far as I know too. But buyer has to communicate with seller and not be rude.

The crazy shipping cost is rude hah

bruh 02-01-2022 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1183044)
The crazy shipping cost is rude hah

Not saying anything about shipping cost. Just to be as polite as possible when communicate. Bonus points for you in front of ebay.

kirkland 02-02-2022 01:54 PM

UPDATE - last week I escalated the return to a case. Funny how that changes the seller's tone and all of a sudden they were willing to offer a return label. Prior to this, he was completely noncompliant and pretty much ignoring every message I sent asking for a label.

agent006140 02-02-2022 04:15 PM

if he does not respond,Ebay will act on his behalf and refund you without having to return the item and it is a negative for him.
not responding means he does not want the item back,thats Ebay intepretation.
what kind of return label did he give you?

Fagor73 02-08-2022 03:50 AM

He does not have to buy it for you, since he is an international trade participant outside the United States. But according to the terms, he must contact you and ask you for your paypal address. To send funds for postage by asking you about the cost of the refund

rsot 02-08-2022 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirkland (Post 1183782)
UPDATE - last week I escalated the return to a case. Funny how that changes the seller's tone and all of a sudden they were willing to offer a return label. Prior to this, he was completely noncompliant and pretty much ignoring every message I sent asking for a label.

Smart to escalate