Tips for shipping without tracking - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-01-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
Default Tips for shipping without tracking

Out of sheer chance I started selling some items that are too cheap to send with tracking, and I'm finding that the profits, while small per item, are actually quite substantial when they add up. I sell the items for 4$, stamp costs 50c, ebay takes about the same, leaves me with a 75% profit. Not bad, considering the item itself virtually costs me nothing.

However, as a long time forum member, I recall reading many posts where these types of items caused MANY problems for seller accounts. Esp digital items

My items are not digital, they are kinda like baseball cards (but not valuable ones), so no risk of copyright or w/e

Do you guys have any tips for selling non-tracked items? 1) no copyright issues, obv, 2) sell on an aged account, is there anything else? Jw from all the forum pros here!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-01-2022

Longevity: 17%
Default Re: Tips for shipping without tracking

I sell digital items on Ebay and had over 4000+ sales set without tracking, what you risk is ppl to like put a claim for not receiving the item or ask a cashback from there bank, than Ebay will ask you to provide tracking or else refund so at that point your scammed, happend to me a couple times but no big deal as I had alot of honest costumers aswell

For the rest never had any issue and I am at 100% feedback
Old 07-01-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
Out of sheer chance I started selling some items that are too cheap to send with tracking, and I'm finding that the profits, while small per item, are actually quite substantial when they add up. I sell the items for 4$, stamp costs 50c, ebay takes about the same, leaves me with a 75% profit. Not bad, considering the item itself virtually costs me nothing.

However, as a long time forum member, I recall reading many posts where these types of items caused MANY problems for seller accounts. Esp digital items

My items are not digital, they are kinda like baseball cards (but not valuable ones), so no risk of copyright or w/e

Do you guys have any tips for selling non-tracked items? 1) no copyright issues, obv, 2) sell on an aged account, is there anything else? Jw from all the forum pros here!
I think you got the formula nailed down at this point.
Then the rest is really just believe that most buyers are honest, yet be prepared to lose a few here and there with crap buyers.

the only thing that'd concern me is if eBay is asking you for proof of tracking.
Old 07-02-2022

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

plenty of people ship with no tracking for the same reason-small low price items like ribbons,post cards,buttons,even dvds.
always mark it shipped,if buyer file INR,you will lose,so go ahead and block her ,then move on
Ebay takes note as well,if buyer files too many disputes,Ebay will suspend her buying porivielge as she is not safe for the Ebay seller community.
Old 07-03-2022

Longevity: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkland View Post

I have a friend that sells lots of items monthly this way, no big issues so far. If the buyer claims NRI, you could refund the payment. Not so many misleading buyers for such items, imo.

I'm not sure about the TRS status. The requirement is maximum 5% of transactions where tracking wasn't uploaded on time and/or validated.
Old 07-03-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Valid answers OP - the claims will come and there will be some losses - can only hope that most buyers will be proper - nice experience Nicvi
Old 07-04-2022

Activity: 14%
Longevity: 47%

usually no problem, when they open a not received case, just simply ask buyer wants a refund or replacement. If the buyer asks for a replacement send another out. If buyer wants a refund or no response to the case , then just refund the buyer and blacklist the buyer
Old 07-04-2022
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterbear View Post
usually no problem, when they open a not received case, just simply ask buyer wants a refund or replacement. If the buyer asks for a replacement send another out. If buyer wants a refund or no response to the case , then just refund the buyer and blacklist the buyer
Yah. Agreed there.

Me I just refund, block buyer then the painful part is when I have to login to ALL my accounts and block that guy.
Old 07-04-2022

Activity: 14%
Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Yah. Agreed there.

Me I just refund, block buyer then the painful part is when I have to login to ALL my accounts and block that guy.
lol that's lot of work
Old 07-06-2022

Longevity: 79%

it's all fun and games, until your service metrics for item not received cases go up. So it really depends on what you sell and the type of people buying them.
Old 07-06-2022
Super Moderator

agreed on that too.

some items attract certain type of buyers.
Electronics will always have a much higher rate or return.
Games will have idiot buyers because they are typically virgin basement dwellers =P
Old 07-06-2022

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
agreed on that too.

some items attract certain type of buyers.
Electronics will always have a much higher rate or return.
Games will have idiot buyers because they are typically virgin basement dwellers =P
There's truth in this statement....oof
Old 07-07-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterbear View Post
lol that's lot of work
Might be but also safer in the long run