Difference between "Periodic performance review" and "Your account is being reviewed" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 06-18-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 11%
Default Difference between "Periodic performance review" and "Your account is being reviewed"

In the past I have received "Periodic performance review" there are many result in google, however today I received mail "Your account is being reviewed" and I cant find anything like this in google.. so what is the difference? :/ And what should I expect?

Title: Periodic performance review

Quote:
Your payouts are currently on hold while we conduct a performance review

Dear Seller,

Your payments are on hold, pending completion of a performance review. We will release the funds when the review is complete. You may continue to list and sell on eBay’s platform during this time.

Performance reviews help keep eBay a safe and trusted marketplace for buyers and sellers. We may conduct a review based on a variety of different factors such as increased customer claims, a sudden change in your selling pattern, late deliveries, or negative buyer feedback. Funds placed on hold during a performance review ensure that there are enough funds to refund buyers in the event of a dispute. We appreciate your cooperation. Please continue to fulfill orders and maintain your seller standards.

Click Here to get more information on our payout holds policy.

Sincerely,
eBay

Title: Your account is being reviewed

Quote:
We noticed some changes in your selling activity
Hi ***,

We wanted to let you know that because of some recent changes in your selling activity, we are reviewing your account to make sure it’s secure.

There’s nothing you need to do, but until we finish our review, you’ll see a temporary hold on your payouts. We understand this may be frustrating, but reviews like this help keep our marketplace safe for everyone.

We review accounts for many different reasons. For example, if you’re a new seller and don’t have an established selling history, if there’s a big change in your selling patterns, or if you have an increase in customer claims or late deliveries.

Here’s what you need to know

We’ll review your account within 5 days and get back to you if we need anything else.

If the review is successful, the hold on your payouts will automatically be lifted and your funds will be released as scheduled.

You can check the status of the hold on your payouts any time, and learn more about payment holds using the link below.

You’re welcome to continue to buy and sell while we review your account.

Check holds status

We appreciate your patience. If you have any questions or concerns, just get in touch. We’re here to help.

Thanks for being part of the eBay community.

eBay Logo
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-18-2022
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Difference between "Periodic performance review" and "Your account is being revie

Okay so there is a 3rd email which I found from past also:

Title: Important information regarding your payouts

Quote:
Hello ***,
Your payouts have been temporarily placed on hold while we review some details. Please allow up to 5 days for this review to take place.

You'll be notified if we need further information. If there are no further concerns, your payouts will be unblocked.

This temporary block will not impact your regular operations (listings/selling).

Thanks,
eBay
So maybe someone knows whats the difference between these 3 types of emails?
Old 06-18-2022

Longevity: 13%
Default Re: Difference between "Periodic performance review" and "Your account is being revie

It’s the same exact thing just a different wording and email update..

If you go to the payments tab then it will have a red banner with periodic review

They also updated the sent payout and new sign in activity wording and email
Old 06-18-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy3805 View Post
It’s the same exact thing just a different wording and email update..

If you go to the payments tab then it will have a red banner with periodic review

They also updated the sent payout and new sign in activity wording and email
Oh I see.. They change it every month to new words or they just switch few of same emails around? Never knew about this. :D
Old 06-18-2022

Longevity: 25%

Did they hold your payments because of a spike in sales?
Old 06-19-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiCoin View Post
Did they hold your payments because of a spike in sales?
Yes - can happen.
Old 06-19-2022

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%

probably this happened because turnover shot up
Old 06-19-2022

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

Different bots roam the site ,one is based on your seller performance,another is due to what you are selling,the last one??
Old 06-19-2022

Longevity: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Different bots roam the site ,one is based on your seller performance,another is due to what you are selling,the last one??
The last one is probably to verify the person.
Old 06-20-2022

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 70%

May I ask which category are you selling?
From my experience

"Periodic performance review" they are checking your account Maybe item not receive claims or not as described claims. Mostly they will reduce your selling limits.

Your account is being recviewed is different they can suspend your account I had this several times before and my account got suspended a day after
Old 06-20-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Sounds like eBay is becoming a little more like amazon... being a total pain
Old 06-20-2022

Longevity: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenprince View Post
May I ask which category are you selling?
From my experience

"Periodic performance review" they are checking your account Maybe item not receive claims or not as described claims. Mostly they will reduce your selling limits.

Your account is being recviewed is different they can suspend your account I had this several times before and my account got suspended a day after
He got periodic performance review.. eBay just updated the wording of it.. if the OP take a look at his payments tab then it will say periodic performance review.
Old 06-21-2022

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 39%

I got the same. Hopefully I won’t get suspended.
Old 07-05-2022

Longevity: 40%

I got this too, just today. Put all my listings OOS. Its always a toss up with this ****
Old 07-06-2022

Longevity: 53%

This is pretty much common either for developing accounts or for just abnormal spikes in sales. Never had any issues with it, just wait 5 days and it will be all good. However, I'd not sell (or sell but not ship) during that period.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
rsot (07-06-2022)
Old 07-06-2022

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
This is pretty much common either for developing accounts or for just abnormal spikes in sales. Never had any issues with it, just wait 5 days and it will be all good. However, I'd not sell (or sell but not ship) during that period.
My particular account is about 7 months old. Not super old, but old enough where this shouldn't be an issue imo. Prob the sales spike, I had to call in a recent limit increase to keep up w sales.

I wouldn't sell but not ship during this period unless your handling time is sufficiently large (5d etc). Personally Im not selling period.