No card attached to ebay uk but still getting payouts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-04-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default No card attached to ebay uk but still getting payouts

The card on my ebay uk stealth account that I use for paying seller fees was declined due to lack of funds and removed from my account. I tried to readd it but couldn't due to an issue with Revolut.

To my surprise ebay starting sending me payments again despite a card for the payment of seller fees not being added. I can pay my ebay fees with revenue from sales or by making one off payments so my account will remain in good standing.

Do you think I should find a way add a card anyway to avoid potential future issues that not having a payment card on file may cause or is it a case of I am receiving payments now anyway so if it aint broke don't fix it and don't bother adding a card?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-04-2022

Longevity: 27%
Default Re: No card attached to ebay uk but still getting payouts

Very few people have cards attached, it's because their primary source of recovery is an active direct debit which they clearly have on your account.
Old 09-04-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Very few people have cards attached, it's because their primary source of recovery is an active direct debit which they clearly have on your account.
Hi Hank thanks for your reply.

There is no direct debit on the account for sure. I originally had a card attached for fees which was fine for ages but it was recently declined due to lack of funds and removed by ebay as an invalid card.

My payouts were then held because I didn't have a valid payment method on file but after my account balance grew they started sending payouts again.

However when money is due to ebay for refunds etc my account goes into negative balance as there is no payment method on file. It goes negative and says please make a one time payment to us to clear the balance.
Old 09-04-2022

I guess they must have decided your account standing is good enough to give you a bit of latitude until you add a card if there's no DD in place.

But eventually the bots will catch up with you. Best get one sorted, it would be a shame to attract unwanted scrutiny on an account which seems to meet with their approval.
Old 09-04-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I guess they must have decided your account standing is good enough to give you a bit of latitude until you add a card if there's no DD in place.

But eventually the bots will catch up with you. Best get one sorted, it would be a shame to attract unwanted scrutiny on an account which seems to meet with their approval.
I was tempted to ignore it but you make a good point I will update payment info somehow.

Thank you
Old 09-04-2022

They're already declined payment once, the account is on the radar albeit at a low level one would assume.

I've never used them but some folk have said off-the-shelf pre-paid cards work.

As an aside, you can't pay your fees from the card, they only collect from the card for refunds or fees due which exceed your balance.

Maybe extending the disbursement period to, say, a week or a month would ensure you have a rolling reserve negating the need for them to ever approach the card.
Old 09-04-2022

Longevity: 13%

Quote:
They're already declined payment once, the account is on the radar albeit at a low level one would assume.

I've never used them but some folk have said off-the-shelf pre-paid cards work.

As an aside, you can't pay your fees from the card, they only collect from the card for refunds or fees due which exceed your balance.

Maybe extending the disbursement period to, say, a week or a month would ensure you have a rolling reserve negating the need for them to ever approach the card.
Biweekly or Monthly payouts works like a charm if you’re a high volume seller
Old 09-04-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy3805 View Post
Biweekly or Monthly payouts works like a charm if you’re a high volume seller
Should be written into the '10 commandments' of any stealth-guide.

However I suspect most 'stealthers' are too impatient to see the benefits and are blinkered by wanting their thirty bucks tomorrow.
Old 09-04-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Should be written into the '10 commandments' of any stealth-guide.

However I suspect most 'stealthers' are too impatient to see the benefits and are blinkered by wanting their thirty bucks tomorrow.
It's not about wanting my 30 bucks tomorrow it's about not having my money stolen by ebay. If you set to a monthly payout and ebay decide for whatever reason they aren't going to pay you (just like amazon often do) then you're out a lot of money. Or the old before we pay out we need to verify ID crap.

The money isn't yours until it's safely in your bank account. Anything before that is simply a promise to pay that may or may not be fulfilled.

If there are real proven benefits rather than just theoretical benefits to a longer payout time I will consider changing it.

Last edited by fernendo; 09-04-2022 at 05:39 AM.
Old 09-04-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernendo View Post
If there are real proven benefits rather than just theoretical benefits to a longer payout time I will consider changing it.
The posts immediately above from Roy and I give you them.