accounts get linked, don't know why - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-13-2022
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 288
Thanks: 77
Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
Activity: 13%
Longevity: 9%
iTrader: (0)
Default accounts get linked, don't know why

Hi all!
I make accounts in VMs.
1.use tethering for ips
2.use different user accounts in the VMs
3.win 10 os with mostly chrome browser
4.using real bank accounts
5.first listing is something between 5-10 dollars listed in .com
6.second listing is a real product I sell on .de or .com

Exactly 3 accounts per vm/pc get a regular sale without request for docs. Each one after this is hit with an id request (Action required: update bank info + we need additional information 2x), which is a death sentence for the accounts. Which leads me to the fact that my accounts are somehow linked.
What might be the cause for this? I am ready to tell more about my setup. PM me if you don't wish to respond here. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by bruh; 09-13-2022 at 04:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 09-13-2022
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 938
Thanks: 70
Thanked 162 Times in 142 Posts
Activity: 66%
Longevity: 6%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: accounts get linked, don't know why

Do you clean metadata in photos?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roy3805 For This Useful Post:
bruh (09-13-2022)
  #3  
Old 09-13-2022
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 288
Thanks: 77
Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
Activity: 13%
Longevity: 9%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: accounts get linked, don't know why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy3805 View Post
Do you clean metadata in photos?
From windows with right click - properties - then I delete the metadata from there.

Previously used exiftool in linux, but it made the files corrupt. Noticed payoneer accepts the images with metadata cleaned in windows, but maybe this is not that important for them.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-13-2022
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 938
Thanks: 70
Thanked 162 Times in 142 Posts
Activity: 66%
Longevity: 6%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: accounts get linked, don't know why

Could also be eBay AI is smart enough to detect same IP ranges of your tethering and linking you there
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roy3805 For This Useful Post:
bruh (09-13-2022)
  #5  
Old 09-13-2022
ilcarletto's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 5,399
Thanks: 1,049
Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,216 Posts
Activity: 33%
Longevity: 57%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: accounts get linked, don't know why

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruh View Post
From windows with right click - properties - then I delete the metadata from there.

Previously used exiftool in linux, but it made the files corrupt. Noticed payoneer accepts the images with metadata cleaned in windows, but maybe this is not that important for them.
I would not trust Windows very much.
Use a dedicated tool like BatchPurifier or similar
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ilcarletto For This Useful Post:
bruh (09-13-2022)
  #6  
Old 09-13-2022
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 288
Thanks: 77
Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
Activity: 13%
Longevity: 9%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: accounts get linked, don't know why

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcarletto View Post
I would not trust Windows very much.
Use a dedicated tool like BatchPurifier or similar
Will try this out.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-13-2022
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 288
Thanks: 77
Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
Activity: 13%
Longevity: 9%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: accounts get linked, don't know why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy3805 View Post
Could also be eBay AI is smart enough to detect same IP ranges of your tethering and linking you there
Will try another network card. Although, all network cards in my country use the same IPs always. The same company even resells IP addresses.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-13-2022
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 71,418
Thanks: 5,668
Thanked 8,495 Times in 7,797 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: accounts get linked, don't know why

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcarletto View Post
I would not trust Windows very much.
Use a dedicated tool like BatchPurifier or similar
This and ExifData are great tools
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
bruh (09-13-2022)
  #9  
Old 09-14-2022
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 2%
Longevity: 1%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: accounts get linked, don't know why

Are you using multiple extensions in your Chrome/browser instances? If so, your account may be linked through fingerprint. Be extra careful, especially when you are using anti-fingerprint extensions as they tend to make your fingerprint more unique.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ormosis For This Useful Post:
bruh (09-14-2022)
  #10  
Old 09-14-2022
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 288
Thanks: 77
Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
Activity: 13%
Longevity: 9%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: accounts get linked, don't know why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormosis View Post
Are you using multiple extensions in your Chrome/browser instances? If so, your account may be linked through fingerprint. Be extra careful, especially when you are using anti-fingerprint extensions as they tend to make your fingerprint more unique.
No extensions on the browser.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-14-2022
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 55
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: accounts get linked, don't know why

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruh View Post
Hi all!
I make accounts in VMs.
1.use tethering for ips
2.use different user accounts in the VMs
3.win 10 os with mostly chrome browser
4.using real bank accounts
5.first listing is something between 5-10 dollars listed in .com
6.second listing is a real product I sell on .de or .com

Exactly 3 accounts per vm/pc get a regular sale without request for docs. Each one after this is hit with an id request (Action required: update bank info + we need additional information 2x), which is a death sentence for the accounts. Which leads me to the fact that my accounts are somehow linked.
What might be the cause for this? I am ready to tell more about my setup. PM me if you don't wish to respond here. Any help is appreciated.
Why do you think this is due to being linked and not just becoming the standard procedure for ebay? Have you tried uploading your ID and seeing how far you would get before getting suspended?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-14-2022
SaiJin's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,094
Thanks: 294
Thanked 2,256 Times in 1,947 Posts
Activity: 79%
Longevity: 90%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: accounts get linked, don't know why

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruh View Post
Will try another network card. Although, all network cards in my country use the same IPs always. The same company even resells IP addresses.
I highly doubt that they'll only link you based on the tethering IP.
I haven't seen this issue in Europe.

Now when you do tether do you change the session ID each time you log to an account?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-22-2022
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,093
Thanks: 176
Thanked 185 Times in 149 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 64%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: accounts get linked, don't know why

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruh View Post
Will try another network card. Although, all network cards in my country use the same IPs always. The same company even resells IP addresses.
In the U.K. some networks for mobile hotspot are terrible for eBay. I lost dozens of accounts using giffgaff which I will never use again.

Changing the network card is worth a shot. I wouldn’t use mobile hotspot now just from passed experience.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-23-2022
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 71,418
Thanks: 5,668
Thanked 8,495 Times in 7,797 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 81%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: accounts get linked, don't know why

Rough experience with the mobile hotspot - it works well for many though
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-30-2022
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 61
Thanks: 2
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 29%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: accounts get linked, don't know why

What country are your accounts?
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Accounts Being Suspended After Listing Stating Accounts Are linked 13obby eBay Suspensions 21 01-16-2020 05:46 AM
Linked accounts vs not linked Thisguy Introductions 7 09-07-2018 09:17 PM
Are suspended paypal accounts linked to ebay accounts erialc1 PayPal Talk 1 09-13-2017 03:03 PM
Paypal limited linked to 6 pristine eBay accounts linked MoneyTalks eBay Tracking 5 01-31-2011 01:01 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58