Various ID questions - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 10-19-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Various UK ID questions

1. I have some addresses on the electoral roll I can use for account creation, however some of these were delivery addresses as a buyer on my suspended account.
I guess this is a past link so they can't be used to register a new account?

2. My passport is associated with a suspended account. If I use my DL ID if requested, will this also be cross referenced to my suspended passport as the same person and suspended?

3. The DL has an old address on it which is associated with buyer deliverey address from a suspended account, does this mean it can't be used anyway?

4. Is using an address on the electoral roll a way of bypassing the ID request after 1k in sales?

5. Does it matter if the address on the DL doesn't match the account registration address, so long as the eBay name + address is on the electoral roll?

6. Would very old historic student addresses validate, as the council had a record of the address for council tax exemption?

Thanks

Last edited by sam999; 10-19-2022 at 05:23 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-19-2022

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: Various UK ID questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam999 View Post
1. I have some addresses on the electoral roll I can use for account creation, however some of these were delivery addresses as a buyer on my suspended account.
I guess this is a past link so they can't be used to register a new account?

If the address was suspended prior to managed payments so example would be 1 red road on electorol/credit report was suspended but was never suspended on managed payments this address can still be used.

2. My passport is associated with a suspended account. If I use my DL ID if requested, will this also be cross referenced to my suspended passport as the same person and suspended?

It doesn’t matter if your passport was suspended on an account prior to managed payments or on managed payments. My passport has been suspended prior to managed payments and on managed payments and my passport still passed when creating the account.

3. The DL has an old address on it which is associated with buyer deliverey address from a suspended account, does this mean it can't be used anyway?

If the buyer delivery address was not suspended on managed payments then the driving license and address can be used for managed payments.

4. Is using an address on the electoral roll a way of bypassing the ID request after 1k in sales?

No it’s not you can still be asked to upload ID. Example would be I was asked to upload ID after my first sale but it passed

I’ve just turned over £1.1k on one of my accounts and I have been asked to upload ID it was my brothers name date of birth and our old address. He let me use his details but won’t let me use his passport which is fair enough.

Yesterday I transferred details over to my name and date of birth and upload passport it’s been 24hrs and so far account is not suspended.

5. Does it matter if the address on the DL doesn't match the account registration address, so long as the eBay name + address is on the electoral roll?

If your sending in a drivers license it needs to match the registration address on eBay. Missmatch names with bank accounts will work but not missmatch address.

6. Would very old historic student addresses validate, as the council had a record of the address for council tax exemption?

If the student address is on your credit report then it’s worth a try. I used an old address which was about 6/7 years ago and still worked.

Thanks
I hope this answers your questions and good luck with everything.
Old 10-19-2022
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Various ID questions

1. No the address wasn't suspended with MP but it's listed on the recently suspended account as an old delivery address. I assumed all return, registration and delivery addresses are blended into one black list address database?

2. No it's not prior to managed payments, it was suspended with the recent MC224 the other week. Despite the fact I'm now 32.. So do ID's get cross referenced?

3. Again I thought addresses would be blended blacklisted, that's what I've read elsewhere on here I think.

4. Do you know why you might have been asked for the ID so early on, did you fail some other verification?

5. Sorry - I meant it's an old address, not that it's a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ DL. The old address is on the electoral roll.

6. Thanks I'll check.

Thank again Sam
Old 10-19-2022

Quote:
1. No the address wasn't suspended with MP but it's listed on the recently suspended account as an old delivery address. I assumed all return, registration and delivery addresses are blended into one black list address database?

Yes I understand what you mean I wouldn’t use that address which got suspended as the delivery address to create another account. I’ve never succeeded creating another account with a suspended address on managed payments.

2. No it's not prior to managed payments, it was suspended with the recent MC224 the other week. Despite the fact I'm now 32.. So do ID's get cross referenced?

You can re use ID again as I previously mentioned. I sent in my passport a week ago it passed and 1 week later it’s now being sent over on another account.

Baring in mind it failed twice about 4/6 months ago so maybe after a certain time you can re use it.

Was it suspended with MC224 after you submitted ID? Or was that because of the MC011?

3. Again I thought addresses would be blended blacklisted, that's what I've read elsewhere on here I think.

4. Do you know why you might have been asked for the ID so early on, did you fail some other verification?

No I’ve been trying to put my finger on why was I asked for ID. The only thing I came up with is I didn’t change address on my credit report it was changed a day after the account was created but I’m still not 100% sure I was shocked it passed on my eBay account tho but learnt how the system works as could see what eBay were checking on my credit reports.

5. Sorry - I meant it's an old address, not that it's a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ DL. The old address is on the electoral roll.

6. Thanks I'll check.

Thank again Sam
Always here to help
Old 10-20-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Nice point by point q & a
Old 10-20-2022
Threadstarter  

You can re use ID again as I previously mentioned. I sent in my passport a week ago it passed and 1 week later it’s now being sent over on another account.

Why is it you are linking the accounts together with ID?

Baring in mind it failed twice about 4/6 months ago so maybe after a certain time you can re use it.

Does anyone else have any ideas about this?

Thanks
Old 10-20-2022

Quote:

Why is it you are linking the accounts together with ID?

Does anyone else have any ideas about this?

Thanks
If Im going to be asked to submit ID I’m going to submit ID. I don’t mind if an account in the passed failed ID as it doesn’t get black listed forever and I can’t use my brothers ID as he won’t let me and with the new tax regulations coming into place my only option is to change details over and submit ID.

It’s been since Wednesday since I reached £1100 sales on that account and I was asked to submit ID and so far no suspensions on the account
Old 10-21-2022
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post
If Im going to be asked to submit ID I’m going to submit ID. I don’t mind if an account in the passed failed ID as it doesn’t get black listed forever and I can’t use my brothers ID as he won’t let me and with the new tax regulations coming into place my only option is to change details over and submit ID.
Good to avoid taxes on family
Old 10-24-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by samspalace View Post

It’s been since Wednesday since I reached £1100 sales on that account and I was asked to submit ID and so far no suspensions on the account
I was interested to know since I wasn't sure what the benefit of multiple accounts with the same ID was, besides higher limits and spread of items. If one account were to get banned with the ID I assume the other one would be instantly linked via ID?
Old 10-24-2022

Longevity: 8%

Quote:
I was interested to know since I wasn't sure what the benefit of multiple accounts with the same ID was, besides higher limits and spread of items. If one account were to get banned with the ID I assume the other one would be instantly linked via ID?
I use same ID which is "slightly different by a digit or two" on a few accounts and it works just fine.. But with identical ID i can not see a point too..
Old 10-24-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecolder2 View Post
I use same ID which is "slightly different by a digit or two" on a few accounts and it works just fine.. But with identical ID i can not see a point too..
What type of ID is this and do you mind me asking what country you are in? I haven't read of anyone ever succeeding with a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID since everything is verified over databases. Those who thought they did found their account suspended weeks later.

Last edited by sam999; 10-24-2022 at 04:22 PM.
Old 10-24-2022

Longevity: 8%

Quote:
What type of ID is this and do you mind me asking what country you are in? I haven't read of anyone ever succeeding with a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ ID since everything is verified over databases. Those who thought they did found their account suspended weeks later.
On what databases? Their own database?
I believe in UK or US they can check something maybe... For the EU - not much can be checked by them.

And everyone gets suspended - its just a question of time. Once i get suspended will create another account with same but slightly different id but usually it is good for a few months run.

Last edited by Icecolder2; 10-24-2022 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-24-2022

Quote:
Increased selling limits is a bonus but it’s too early to say if one of my account goes down the other will go down so far accounts all running well.

The only issue I have is stock supply can’t get enough of it and when I receive something happens like transport delay its a nightmare.
Old 10-25-2022
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecolder2 View Post
And everyone gets suspended - its just a question of time
Not necessarily true all the time