Personal Hotspot / Tethering issue - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-17-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: Personal Hotspot / Tethering issue

Just using a different browser is enough so long as the app isn't installed

None of that applies to tethering though as a browser on the laptop is usually used it's only if using your phone itself as the device
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-17-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Just using a different browser is enough so long as the app isn't installed

None of that applies to tethering though as a browser on the laptop is usually used it's only if using your phone itself as the device
Thanks, James. I just want to be sure I understand before I do anything silly. I have 1 mobile phone with 5 different browsers (Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Edge, and Opera). I reset my IP on each one by airplane mode and check via IP Burger as I've been building 4 accounts in the background just looking, bidding and listing for a month. I'm constrained by budget hence the single IP unfortunately.

Can eBay link if its done through my browser? I know the IP is the only downfall but can they read anything about the device and the likes through the browser apps?

Is laptop better to go through? I can start building another 5 by laptop and I should have 5 secure for next year as well.

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,941 Times in 8,232 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

laptop/desktop is preferred for me anyhow vs cellphone use
Old 11-20-2022

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Just a point of note ebay can see other details about the phone from the browser.
What meaningful details of a phone can they see when it's being used as a hotspot from OP's macbook because my understanding is it was obsoletely nothing and why it's worked so well for endless sellers for years now .... until this one thread.
Old 11-20-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,941 Times in 8,232 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
What meaningful details of a phone can they see when it's being used as a hotspot from OP's macbook because my understanding is it was obsoletely nothing and why it's worked so well for endless sellers for years now .... until this one thread.
When phone is used as a hotspot, i'm pretty certain that no details about the phone are seen by eb - you're right about that.
Old 11-22-2022

Longevity: 8%

Will drop a few notes which might be useful, might be not.

One detail not related but hear me out. Paypal used to do some interesting security precaution if internet speed is low. Not sure if they does this now as it was 2 years ago when i was messing with this. So what i found out while camping and sitting on a low speed net - if speed is less than 25 mbps then they ask sms verification to log in. If faster - password was enough. So maybe, just maybe, EB has something to do with a net speed also, but it does not makes more sense as 5G should be even faster..

Another thing - why to mess with overcomplicated technology? Nobody realy knows what new phones can or can not, so why not to buy an USB modem - just put your sim on it and thats it. That thing is not super smart and can provide zero info about PC or about itself as it does not has anything to provide in a first place.

Also take a look which apps can use mobile data - i keep all of my apps OFF on mobile data. Also location tracking is OFF too. Also on home wi-fi i have set that phone can not join the wi-fi automatically when it is accessable because from some apps behaviour can say that part of route can go through home wifi even if phone is connected to mobile data..

So just a few things to think about..
Old 02-24-2024
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 66%

Hi guys just thought I’d give this one a nudge and see if there are any ebay uk users successfully creating uk ebay accounts with 5G yet via hotspot/tethering specifically with IPhone.

I thought I’d try again using 5G hotspot thinking it’s older now with more IP addresses on rotation (in theory) but boom still getting banned.

Using the EXACT same account creation set up but with 4g the accounts are fine.
Old 02-24-2024

Activity: 15%
Longevity: 3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themav View Post
Hi guys just thought I’d give this one a nudge and see if there are any ebay uk users successfully creating uk ebay accounts with 5G yet via hotspot/tethering specifically with IPhone.

I thought I’d try again using 5G hotspot thinking it’s older now with more IP addresses on rotation (in theory) but boom still getting banned.

Using the EXACT same account creation set up but with 4g the accounts are fine.

5G does not offer more IP addresses nor influences rotation frequency.

IMO, it has nothing to do with why you're being suspended, look for another breach.
Old 02-24-2024
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 66%

I’m following the EXACT same account creation method for both 4G and 5G so there are no breaches to investigate - the account creation is the same.

I will rephrase my question:

Is anyone creating UK Ebay seller accounts using a 5G IPhone hotspot / Tethering to create new accounts successfully ?
Old 02-24-2024

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themav View Post
I’m following the EXACT same account creation method for both 4G and 5G so there are no breaches to investigate - the account creation is the same.

I will rephrase my question:

Is anyone creating UK Ebay seller accounts using a 5G IPhone hotspot / Tethering to create new accounts successfully ?
Nope I’m using an iPhone 12 to create accounts and having no issues with networks I’m using.

Today I tried testing three IP rotations but all are in Scotland. Has anyone created accounts using three network? I’ve not created an eBay account yet using three but can’t seem to get U.K. ips from three.

What network are you using on iPhone 14?