Suspicious gmail activity - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-21-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 8%
Default Suspicious gmail activity

Some strange detail i notice recently, and found people having this a few years.

In short- if gmail is used for eb, and eb gets restricted/suspended/reactivate then next time i try to login into gmail it give error that they found some suspicious activity and needs phone number verification. They never asked for that if eb is running ok. Sometimes this comes even a day before eb suspension- if you get verification request on gmail login saying suspicious activity detected and there is no emails about eb acc toasted, then that email comes a day later.

I see people having this “coincidence” even with paypal.

So what is this??? They work now hand to hand to track your activity and shares details in between??

I been watching this for last couple months and what i see:
-in a list of suspended accounts there are bunch of various providers emails like gmail, yahoo, aol etc.
-in a list of ok running accounts there are bunch of email providers but NO GMAIL.

...i think i just stopped using gmail at all starting today..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-21-2022

Activity: 52%
Longevity: 44%
Default Re: Suspicious gmail activity

Strange, i never had that kind of problem.
Old 12-21-2022

Activity: 82%
Longevity: 46%

gmail have been scanning all emails , storage etc.

I used to have this with payoneer in the past , not even with suspended payoneer just new gmail , if first use was for payoneer immediate message about suspicious activity
Old 12-21-2022

Longevity: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecolder2 View Post
Some strange detail i notice recently, and found people having this a few years.

In short- if gmail is used for eb, and eb gets restricted/suspended/reactivate then next time i try to login into gmail it give error that they found some suspicious activity and needs phone number verification. They never asked for that if eb is running ok. Sometimes this comes even a day before eb suspension- if you get verification request on gmail login saying suspicious activity detected and there is no emails about eb acc toasted, then that email comes a day later.

I see people having this “coincidence” even with paypal.

So what is this??? They work now hand to hand to track your activity and shares details in between??

I been watching this for last couple months and what i see:
-in a list of suspended accounts there are bunch of various providers emails like gmail, yahoo, aol etc.
-in a list of ok running accounts there are bunch of email providers but NO GMAIL.

...i think i just stopped using gmail at all starting today..
This means your whole creation method was not good.. eBay and gmail going down together is crazy
Old 12-21-2022
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy3805 View Post
This means your whole creation method was not good.. eBay and gmail going down together is crazy
Crazy would be to find out some kind yahoo or aol would go down with ebay, but gmail with ebay its not crazy at all. Im not only one noticing this.
Old 12-21-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

I honestly don't know what the heck you guys are doing, but I never got any issues with gmail.