Jan ban wave ?? - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-03-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 7%
Default Re: Jan ban wave ??

Would I be able to do some buy it now listings after my first sale on a new account? or is it a risk
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-04-2023

Longevity: 53%

I would bet a 1000 Euro that if I buy, say, 10 brand new phones, and will create 10 new accounts with them using local 4G internet (normal user, no any proxies / VPN), add a real local SIM, local bank and so - HALF of these accounts will be banned. I mean, not banned straight away, but either after first listing or after initial restriction appeal. As the creation method is absolutely normal, and there are still a plenty of bans, it means that the creation method is absolutely fine and bans are random.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
StealthHarry (03-15-2023)
Old 02-04-2023

Longevity: 13%

I can give you a hint that if all 10 phones are the same model then the hardware fingerprint for a 1 mobile phone will be close enough to match the other 9. Now if you use all those 10 phones on any sim that geographically places you in a similar location this is already 2 points. If you are doing a similar activity in a pattern of repetition meeting the first 2 criteria this adds a 3rd point. 3/3 your outta here.. think outside the square
Old 02-04-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb View Post
Would I be able to do some buy it now listings after my first sale on a new account? or is it a risk
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

buy it now is not such a risk factor ...really depends on item being sold.
Old 02-04-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallmonkey View Post
I can give you a hint that if all 10 phones are the same model then the hardware fingerprint for a 1 mobile phone will be close enough to match the other 9. Now if you use all those 10 phones on any sim that geographically places you in a similar location this is already 2 points. If you are doing a similar activity in a pattern of repetition meeting the first 2 criteria this adds a 3rd point. 3/3 your outta here.. think outside the square
First of all, who said they are all the same model? Secondly, every new phone has a different fingerprint. Thirdly, phones are being sold in millions, so "close" fingerprint means nothing. It is either full match or does not work. There are thousands of iPhones being sold in NY every day, so by your theory every big city should be a ban hole, and it is not.

There are no any patterns. Fresh random phone from the shop, 4G internet, real sim, good email, no bank added (as it is actually needed only after a successful sale). No any activity in the account (created and left sitting cold). Ban in few days. What makes it different from a random person trying to use eBay??? He opens it, gets banned, goodbye? Previously accounts were staying at least good if used only for buying, but now they die just without ANY activity. I am now even facing issues with 6 year old accounts that had tons of sales, all good, hardware used for them never changed for 6 years. Suddenly they are no good.
ddone99 (02-04-2023)
Old 02-04-2023

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
I would bet a 1000 Euro that if I buy, say, 10 brand new phones, and will create 10 new accounts with them using local 4G internet (normal user, no any proxies / VPN), add a real local SIM, local bank and so - HALF of these accounts will be banned. I mean, not banned straight away, but either after first listing or after initial restriction appeal. As the creation method is absolutely normal, and there are still a plenty of bans, it means that the creation method is absolutely fine and bans are random.
they were random from the very beginning in 2019 , I called customer support many times on these bans and they literally make a decision on reinstatement within a minute

I was even told a few times that they look at spikes on account opening and if there are more new accounts than usual they just suspend the entire batch above average
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
muzzie (02-04-2023), StealthHarry (03-15-2023)
Old 02-04-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
they were random from the very beginning in 2019 , I called customer support many times on these bans and they literally make a decision on reinstatement within a minute

I was even told a few times that they look at spikes on account opening and if there are more new accounts than usual they just suspend the entire batch above average
First time in my life I see a business that does not want more customers.
StealthHarry (03-15-2023)
Old 02-04-2023

Quote:
First time in my life I see a business that does not want more customers.
probably second time , amazon do the same
Old 02-04-2023

Longevity: 91%

Do you mean the actual model of the handset and not the service provider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallmonkey View Post
Old 02-04-2023

Quote:
First of all, who said they are all the same model? Secondly, every new phone has a different fingerprint. Thirdly, phones are being sold in millions, so "close" fingerprint means nothing. It is either full match or does not work. There are thousands of iPhones being sold in NY every day, so by your theory every big city should be a ban hole, and it is not.

There are no any patterns. Fresh random phone from the shop, 4G internet, real sim, good email, no bank added (as it is actually needed only after a successful sale). No any activity in the account (created and left sitting cold). Ban in few days. What makes it different from a random person trying to use eBay??? He opens it, gets banned, goodbye? Previously accounts were staying at least good if used only for buying, but now they die just without ANY activity. I am now even facing issues with 6 year old accounts that had tons of sales, all good, hardware used for them never changed for 6 years. Suddenly they are no good.
Yes there is a factor of randomness in the mix but this factor increases steadily the more you use same devices with similar patterns. It is also correct that ebay will see a spike in a activity like creating new accounts and ban the lot allowing and not caring about casualties of war. You should try getting 3 iPhone 7s for example all on the latest ios and try fingerprint them. They will all come back as 99% unique compared to sample data. However when you look at their canvas and general hardware print signature they will all show the same. Mass produced devices that have identical hardware parts at the moment are too hard to 100% distinguish... not by ebay anyway.

Like I said ebay also. doesn't give a F if they see 50-60% suspect device and behaviour they will kill you. There are millions of people in cities, are they all sitting there on identical devices making new accounts over and over daily? if a small % are how do you know they are not getting banned? They actually are if they do the wrong action at the wrong time. This forum is proof
Old 02-04-2023

there are lots of completely legit people getting banned on new accounts , google is full of such complaints on various forums
The Following User Says Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
muzzie (02-05-2023)
Old 02-04-2023

exactly, account creation is not a advanced 100 point process.

You fill out 2 forms, people are looking way too deep into this its 80% server side aggressive behaviour.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smallmonkey For This Useful Post:
ddone99 (02-04-2023), muzzie (02-05-2023), StealthHarry (03-15-2023)
Old 02-05-2023

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post

Absolute bull$hit. You weren't told it once never mind several times.

"Hello, it's Harrods here, why has our new account been banned"

"You were part of an excess of applications over our average (whatever that is) and simply decided we don't want your account, we're so successful we're simply turning good business away. Bye now"
The Following User Says Thank You to Hank For This Useful Post:
muzzie (02-05-2023)
Old 02-05-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosaa247 View Post
Well all this ban wave talk , the main question as has always been is when does it end ?
We are now in FEB but it seems to be still going .
Any ideas ?
It doesn't end, it's the new norm.

The only folk who think there's a 'ban wave' are those who create poor quality stealth accounts, sell dodgy wares, or are clueless about IP linking, sharing data etc.

There is absolutely no reliable evidence whatsoever that ebay flick a switch on and off which simply auto-bans new applications without good reason.

Some on here even go as far as to say its a fact, I'll wager not one of them can produce a single scrap of evidence or a link to a legitimate forum to substantiate their claims.

All I see is a handful of noobs, scammers, knock off sellers, prescription meds peddlers all trying to create low grade accounts which no longer pass scrutiny.

If your business model is so poor that you need to scramble to create new accounts on an ongoing monthly basis and cant survive for a few weeks when there's a supposed 'ban wave', haven't prepared adequately in advance and, most important of all, haven't leaned your lesson from previous mistakes then lets be fair, it's hardly ebays fault if they don't want your business.
Old 02-05-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post

The only folk who think there's a 'ban wave' are those who create poor quality stealth accounts, sell dodgy wares, or are clueless about IP linking, sharing data etc.

There is absolutely no reliable evidence whatsoever that ebay flick a switch on and off which simply auto-bans new applications without good reason.

Some on here even go as far as to say its a fact, I'll wager not one of them can produce a single scrap of evidence or a link to a legitimate forum to substantiate their claims.

All I see is a handful of noobs, scammers, knock off sellers, prescription meds peddlers all trying to create low grade accounts which no longer pass scrutiny.

If your business model is so poor that you need to scramble to create new accounts on an ongoing monthly basis and cant survive for a few weeks when there's a supposed 'ban wave', haven't prepared adequately in advance and, most important of all, haven't leaned your lesson from previous mistakes then lets be fair, it's hardly ebays fault if they don't want your business.
So, my question remains. I buy new phone, make a registration with all legit details, and getting banned next day without any activity except creating a seller account but not listing anything and without even adding a bank account. What is wrong here?
Old 02-05-2023

Quote:
So, my question remains. I buy new phone, make a registration with all legit details, and getting banned next day without any activity except creating a seller account but not listing anything and without even adding a bank account. What is wrong here?
Impossible to say, it could be something as obvious as the seller name and address you've tried to use. Not aimed at you, but where are account burners getting all their details from?

As an aside, assuming you're registering as an individual, how do you create a selling account if you never list anything? Only if you register as a business, via a sole trader or Limited Company would any kind of pre-listing discrimination be possible.

Lets just clarify what you mean by 'banned'. Is this an outright ban with absolutely no option to appeal or simply a suspension pending further enquiries?

As I've said before, there is no point simply looking to blame ebay with some tales of 'ban waves', their algorithms are constantly changing as is their scrutiny of available databases.

I've also said that if there is some kind of 'ban wave', then it's known about in advance so simply accept it for what it is and prepare accordingly. My gut feeling is we'll still be having this conversation in March, April and May....
Old 02-05-2023

Quote:

Also, why do you say only scammers or other criminals are getting issues? Most of my accounts that went down never had any problems. I have few accounts that had 1 -2 returns and feel themselves perfectly fine, and some having absolutely huge and pristine selling history, but went down. So to ensure continious business it is a must to have few accounts at any time. For example, my friend was selling car parts for 15 years. Suddenly got banned. Absolutely nothing had changed in his business, but ebay booted him off. Is that adequate? Nobodi gives a sheet, but person lost his main source of income.
Old 02-05-2023

Quote:
Impossible to say, it could be something as obvious as the seller name and address you've tried to use. Not aimed at you, but where are account burners getting all their details from?

As an aside, assuming you're registering as an individual, how do you create a selling account if you never list anything? Only if you register as a business, via a sole trader or Limited Company would any kind of pre-listing discrimination be possible.

Lets just clarify what you mean by 'banned'. Is this an outright ban with absolutely no option to appeal or simply a suspension pending further enquiries?

As I've said before, there is no point simply looking to blame ebay with some tales of 'ban waves', their algorithms are constantly changing as is their scrutiny of available databases.

I've also said that if there is some kind of 'ban wave', then it's known about in advance so simply accept it for what it is and prepare accordingly. My gut feeling is we'll still be having this conversation in March, April and May....
I am speaking about a person who 1000% has never used ebay services, so is clean as snow. Still banned.
Old 02-05-2023

Quote:
For example, my friend was selling car parts for 15 years. Suddenly got banned. Absolutely nothing had changed in his business, but ebay booted him off. Is that adequate? Nobodi gives a sheet, but person lost his main source of income.
They will have told them why and I'll wager he's had warnings beforehand.

The issues of selling car parts is well known. Dabbled in it myself many years ago, soon got out of it, the issue with buyer complaints, manufacturer/VERO attacks made me realise what a headache the sector was for independent sellers.
Old 02-05-2023

Quote:
They will have told them why and I'll wager he's had warnings beforehand.

The issues of selling car parts is well known. Dabbled in it myself many years ago, soon got out of it, the issue with buyer complaints, manufacturer/VERO attacks made me realise what a headache the sector was for independent sellers.
Thing is that he was the vero himself - manufacturer and copyright owner. So issues were not with the copyrights. Yes, there were some claims of idiotic buyers. But oh really, few claims like "not working" or "does not fit" just because idiots do not read instructions are enough to kick out a 20k positive fb acc paying few 10k of fees monthly for many years? It just does not make any sense.
Old 02-05-2023

To you and I it may not make sense but to ebay it does.

Like Amazon, once they become payment processors their backsides twitch if they suspect any kind of business mismanagement or customer satisfaction issues.

Managed Payments has taken accountability to a whole new level. Like Amazon, the slightest whiff of a problem seller and you're history.

Every conceivable metric is now monitored and sellers are held accountable for each and every one of them.

How quicky did you post it, how quickly did it get there, what condition did it arrive in, how quickly did you reply to that message, how quickly did you upload invoices... and on and on and one. This is before they attack you for listing violations including things like keyword misuse etc.

And it's heading over to ebay....like I said, welcome to the new norm. They simply do not have the will or capacity to manage 'problem sellers' they simply suspend them.
Old 02-05-2023

Quote:
To you and I it may not make sense but to ebay it does.

Like Amazon, once they become payment processors their backsides twitch if they suspect any kind of business mismanagement or customer satisfaction issues.

Managed Payments has taken accountability to a whole new level. Like Amazon, the slightest whiff of a problem seller and you're history.

Every conceivable metric is now monitored and sellers are held accountable for each and every one of them.

How quicky did you post it, how quickly did it get there, what condition did it arrive in, how quickly did you reply to that message, how quickly did you upload invoices... and on and on and one. This is before they attack you for listing violations including things like keyword misuse etc.

And it's heading over to ebay....like I said, welcome to the new norm. They simply do not have the will or capacity to manage 'problem sellers' they simply suspend them.
Yes, so backup accounts are a must, and any account can go down at any time. That is why a constant source of new accounts is needed - to spread sales and risks, but not to hit and run. The bigger the business is - the more accounts needed not to put too much in one basket.

Last edited by muzzie; 02-05-2023 at 07:57 AM.
ddone99 (02-05-2023)