Jan ban wave ?? - Page 6 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-05-2023

Activity: 90%
Longevity: 46%
Default Re: Jan ban wave ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Absolute bull$hit. You weren't told it once never mind several times.

"Hello, it's Harrods here, why has our new account been banned"

"You were part of an excess of applications over our average (whatever that is) and simply decided we don't want your account, we're so successful we're simply turning good business away. Bye now"
this is exactly what they said in different words , it was more like: "too many accounts were opened today already so we can not reinstate yours"
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-05-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
So, my question remains. I buy new phone, make a registration with all legit details, and getting banned next day without any activity except creating a seller account but not listing anything and without even adding a bank account. What is wrong here?
nothing is wrong , if you open many accounts this way some will survive others will go down incl. completely identical accounts with identical details , one may survive , another one will be suspended
Old 02-05-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
this is exactly what they said in different words , it was more like: too many accounts were opened today already so we can not reinstate yours
Stop digging, it never happened.

I'll donate a grand to a charity of their choice if one, just one, reliable poster can confirm that it is ebay policy to openly say on the phone/livechat that "too many accounts were opened today already so we can not reinstate yours". Too stupid to be remotely true.

If all your tales are to be believed (personally I don't believe half of what you post here) then folk need to stop relying on your advice, you seem to spend waaaay to much time chatting to ebay trying to salvage poorly made accounts - it kinda destroys your credibility.

How about, moving forward, you try and stick to facts, meaningful or verifiable experiences and cut out the Walter Mitty crap.
Old 02-05-2023

Quote:
Stop digging, it never happened.

I'll donate a grand to a charity of their choice if one, just one, reliable poster can confirm that it is ebay policy to openly say on the phone/livechat that "too many accounts were opened today already so we can not reinstate yours". Too stupid to be remotely true.

If all your tales are to be believed (personally I don't believe half of what you post here) then folk need to stop relying on your advice, you seem to spend waaaay to much time chatting to ebay trying to salvage poorly made accounts - it kinda destroys your credibility.

How about, moving forward, you try and stick to facts, meaningful or verifiable experiences and cut out the Walter Mitty crap.
I actually open accounts and know how it works. with you I am sure you only have established accounts and have no idea how to do new ones. your info about how new accounts do not get suspended if done properly with real info actually reveals this

additionally I am certain you never call ebay on account suspensions as their agents tell a lot of interesting things which you do not seem to know anything about

so the only verifiable info here is that you are full of crap
Old 02-07-2023

Longevity: 13%

The agents are low paid low qualified monkeys reading a script, from time to time it is possible to extract a hint of some information from them
Old 02-07-2023

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallmonkey View Post
The agents are low paid low qualified monkeys reading a script, from time to time it is possible to extract a hint of some information from them
correct, they're usually low paid drones, they have absolutely no idea of what is happening at management level, anything they say is gibberish or lip-service fluff.

They certainly don't know about managing new account quotas or have real time authorisation to simply decline a valid appeal on a legitimate account because "they've finished for the day".

As Saijin regularly points out, who on earth believes a word of their small-talk, it's all smoke and mirrors or deliberate lies to get you off the phone/chat.
Old 02-08-2023

Longevity: 13%

Quote:
correct, they're usually low paid drones, they have absolutely no idea of what is happening at management level, anything they say is gibberish or lip-service fluff.

They certainly don't know about managing new account quotas or have real time authorisation to simply decline a valid appeal on a legitimate account because "they've finished for the day".

As Saijin regularly points out, who on earth believes a word of their small-talk, it's all smoke and mirrors or deliberate lies to get you off the phone/chat.
Anyone had success with UK accounts? I don't seem to get any ones from sellers here, tried opening few under friends details and just got suspended right away
Old 02-08-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallmonkey View Post
it is not monkeys in this case because they make the actual decision whether to reinstate , they become monkeys once an issue is addressed where they have no authority or knowledge but in case of suspensions of new accounts they absolutely have the ability to reinstate if no previous attempt to reinstate was made
Old 02-14-2023

Longevity: 7%

Quote:
I actually open accounts and know how it works. with you I am sure you only have established accounts and have no idea how to do new ones. your info about how new accounts do not get suspended if done properly with real info actually reveals this

additionally I am certain you never call ebay on account suspensions as their agents tell a lot of interesting things which you do not seem to know anything about

so the only verifiable info here is that you are full of crap
Yea one i dont like ones answer i call back until i get what i want until covid happened. Ill tell you first hand that the agents say it all...i even heard chickens in the background recenttl after the whole covid thing its a huge fk fest. Why? Because they dont trust ebay employees and have locked up back office for all the account editing stuff... i had an agent refund 7k transaction on the seller protection before...now they just run drag and dont cover jack!!!!!
Old 02-15-2023

Activity: 33%
Longevity: 58%

I knew this thread was going to roll over into February haha.
Old 02-15-2023
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 30%

Ban wave is over .
Accounts can now be created like before and without the high suspension rate .
So all who said there wasn’t a ban wave there clearly was.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sosaa247 For This Useful Post:
StealthHarry (03-15-2023)
Old 02-16-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosaa247 View Post
Ban wave is over .
Fully agreed

Ends early Feb usually most years
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
BigLad (02-16-2023), Sosaa247 (02-16-2023), StealthHarry (03-15-2023)
Old 02-16-2023

Activity: 19%
Longevity: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Fully agreed

Ends early Feb usually most years
Today finally I can create accounts without suspentions
Old 02-16-2023

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 78%

I just got an account up 2 days ago with the same info which was used in January when not only a new seller account was suspended but the buyer account as well, and those account details were of a real person never been on eBay before with voter registration to the address, we sent credit card statements and power bills to the appeal. In Jan the suspension was immediate and then the refusal of the appeal came straight back. So you were right.
Old 02-17-2023

Activity: 38%
Longevity: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosaa247 View Post
Ban wave is over .
Murdered_by_ebay told there is no any ban wave

After this need to carefully take in serious his answers on all questions!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Karlis96 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2023

the ban wave does not exist , new accounts are suspended all the time. only difference is that the scale of suspensions gets increased at certain times , around christmas it is more , outside it is less

they do exactly the same thing with item removals and account restrictions

if there had been a true ban wave all suspensions for new accounts would need to stop now but they will not stop , just % will go down

Last edited by murdered_by_ebay; 02-17-2023 at 02:56 AM.
Old 02-17-2023

Quote:
the ban wave does not exist , new accounts are suspended all the time. only difference is that the scale of suspensions gets increased at certain times , around christmas it is more , outside it is less

they do exactly the same thing with item removals and account restrictions

if there had been a true ban wave all suspensions for new accounts would need to stop now but they will not stop , just % will go down

Whrite your ebay book 😁😁

All experianced members agree with ban wave, but you not
The Following User Says Thank You to Karlis96 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2023

Longevity: 8%

I am eb user 15 yrs, creating acc's all the time because to avoid fees, so having tons of experience about how to "run-in" fresh acc. And i also never understood that "ban wave" urban legend. At my statistics 3-4 of 10 acc goes down and 6-7 runs normally and that nearly never changes, and if used to change then it used to be my technical fault somewhere.
What has changed during last years it is use of browser fingerprints and thous who does not deals with this new thing suffers from the "wave".
Old 02-17-2023

suspensions of new accounts started 2019 and since 2020 a significant portion of new accounts gets suspended , it might be close to 100% around christmas but will still easily be 50%+ in normal times
Old 02-17-2023

Longevity: 8%

Quote:
suspensions of new accounts started 2019 and since 2020 a significant portion of new accounts gets suspended , it might be close to 100% around christmas but will still easily be 50%+ in normal times
I was hitting with 100% fail rate for a two weeks in 2019 until found out its all about fingerprints and after started manipulate them for every user the statistics got back to normal. Dont know how others are doing, but times of few pc users trick is over and gives 100% dead-on-arrival result.
Registering about 20 new acc each month, 12-14 of them survives and doesnt matter the month - same was dec, same was jan - nothing changes. So personally i fail to see that "ban wave".
Old 02-17-2023

open many accounts so that a portion gets established and could be used long-term , this is the recipe that remains valid
Old 02-17-2023

Than explain how it is possible - nov - feb can not open new account and list anything. But from feb - nov i can make fresh account and list lets say first item 5000$ value !