Jan ban wave ?? - Page 7 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-17-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Jan ban wave ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlis96 View Post
Than explain how it is possible - nov - feb can not open new account and list anything. But from feb - nov i can make fresh account and list lets say first item 5000$ value !
you changed nothing in the way you setup your account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-17-2023

Activity: 38%
Longevity: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
you changed nothing in the way you setup your account?
No, nothing !
Old 02-17-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecolder2 View Post
I was hitting with 100% fail rate for a two weeks in 2019 until found out its all about fingerprints and after started manipulate them for every user the statistics got back to normal. Dont know how others are doing, but times of few pc users trick is over and gives 100% dead-on-arrival result.
Registering about 20 new acc each month, 12-14 of them survives and doesnt matter the month - same was dec, same was jan - nothing changes. So personally i fail to see that "ban wave".
How to manipulate the fingerprints? which browser are you using?
Old 02-17-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
No, nothing !
interesting - possible system change/downgrade security
Old 02-18-2023

Activity: 90%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Than explain how it is possible - nov - feb can not open new account and list anything. But from feb - nov i can make fresh account and list lets say first item 5000$ value !
this is the same problem that leads to mass item removals in the time around christmas , they just have a spike in activity which they manage through computers

when the spike goes down the system remains in place but the scale goes down
Old 02-18-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
this is the same problem that leads to mass item removals in the time around christmas , they just have a spike in activity which they manage through computers

when the spike goes down the system remains in place but the scale goes down
You need to watch less fantasy movies !!

Seems like you know more than ebay
Old 02-18-2023

it is not a fantasy , towards the end of the year they always become stricter , for example removing more items for copyright problems
Old 02-18-2023

Quote:
it is not a fantasy , towards the end of the year they always become stricter , for example removing more items for copyright problems
Im not talking about items, but about accounts.

Explain why i can list now what i want but from nov - feb i even can not normaly create account ??

Its not ban wave ???????
Old 02-19-2023

Activity: 89%
Longevity: 40%

Increased activity on eBay platform due to new year etc.
Also I noticed that they increase suspend ratio when they have some major update or system change
Old 02-20-2023

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 9%

Does anybody else get the "reactivate your ebay account" message? I've called in and they asked the usual questions of what I'm selling how I will ship etc but then they suspend the account.

I don't think there's an error in creation as that would suspend the account automatically, I'm wondering whether browser fingerprinting is an issue as these accounts I create on mac laptop go down but the one on Windows laptop is so far ok.

I'm perplexed, any one have any ideas?
Old 02-20-2023

Longevity: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimble View Post
Does anybody else get the "reactivate your ebay account" message? I've called in and they asked the usual questions of what I'm selling how I will ship etc but then they suspend the account.

I don't think there's an error in creation as that would suspend the account automatically, I'm wondering whether browser fingerprinting is an issue as these accounts I create on mac laptop go down but the one on Windows laptop is so far ok.

Its a security question future i called and they uped my limit?
Old 02-20-2023
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimble View Post

I’ve been getting that on some accounts aswell . Imo once you get that message it’s best to ditch the account as it will not survive long after as I have seen .
But what you bring about the mac is interesting because I also use a Mac to create my accounts.
Old 02-20-2023

Quote:
Im not talking about items, but about accounts.

Explain why i can list now what i want but from nov - feb i even can not normaly create account ??

Its not ban wave ???????
the noose is usually tightened across the board in the time around christmas but it does not disappear after christmas just waiting until it is tightened again
Old 02-21-2023

Longevity: 13%
Angry Re: Jan ban wave ??

I mentioned this before, its a hardware fingerprint now. U can change browser fingerprints using the same hw and most time when u make too many accounts too quickly from the same hw they all get nuked.

If you got a few phones laptops and using them in random order the success rate is much higher... but they can still finish you off on repetition patterns. 5 accounts created in 2 hours from a similar geo location based on your isp/4g using different hw is possible. 20 created in 1 hour won't roll well with ebay. Yes somebody tried telling me millions of people living in the same city so it doesn't work like that. Well in a perfect world it doesn't but in ebay hell it does.. now. Some genius at eBay or perhaps even a ai self learning rule decided that X amount of accounts made with Y amount of similarities in Z frame of time are all unfriendly bots and burned.
Old 02-21-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallmonkey View Post
I mentioned this before, its a hardware fingerprint now. U can change browser fingerprints using the same hw and most time when u make too many accounts too quickly from the same hw they all get nuked.

If you got a few phones laptops and using them in random order the success rate is much higher... but they can still finish you off on repetition patterns. 5 accounts created in 2 hours from a similar geo location based on your isp/4g using different hw is possible. 20 created in 1 hour won't roll well with ebay. Yes somebody tried telling me millions of people living in the same city so it doesn't work like that. Well in a perfect world it doesn't but in ebay hell it does.. now. Some genius at eBay or perhaps even a ai self learning rule decided that X amount of accounts made with Y amount of similarities in Z frame of time are all unfriendly bots and burned.
it is a known fact that ebay suspend if too many accounts were made within a short period of time. it might seem to you that there are millions of people living in the same city but in fact a very limited number of new accounts are opened on ebay so that opening many accounts within a short span attracts attention
Old 02-21-2023

Longevity: 70%

yesterday i registered to ebay , was banned less then an 1ht later.
as a BUYER ACCOUNT
Old 02-22-2023

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilan316 View Post
yesterday i registered to ebay , was banned less then an 1ht later.
as a BUYER ACCOUNT
That's very strange and possibly something is tripping the bots, ebay don't usually check buyer accounts, only once you list something then the verification process starts amd that's across private sellers as well as business accounts.
Old 02-22-2023

Longevity: 13%

It means there was too many accounts created too quick with similarities to your account. You are collateral damage
Old 02-23-2023

time of creation is indeed an issue , there are times when there are waves of new accounts so they just suspend everyone , they really don't care much , you just open up again
Old 02-23-2023

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
time of creation is indeed an issue , there are times when there are waves of new accounts so they just suspend everyone , they really don't care much , you just open up again
Utter rubbish. If everyone who tried to create an account was permanently suspended there'd be mountains of articles about it.

To say they 'really don't care much' is ridiculous, what planet are you living on, they're trying to attract sellers to run a profitable business.

Sometime I think you live in a dreamland with the amount of unproven gibberish you post.
Old 02-23-2023

it is a proven fact that ebay do mass suspensions of new accounts , the times when they tried to attract sellers have been over for a long time , the vast majority of new accounts get suspension or restriction. in time when very many accounts are opened they just suspend in waves , literally everyone
Old 02-23-2023

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
it is a proven fact that ebay do mass suspensions of new accounts , the times when they tried to attract sellers have been over for a long time , the vast majority of new accounts get suspension or restriction. in time when very many accounts are opened they just suspend in waves , literally everyone
Proven fact...then show us the proof.

You can't, you simply prattle on with your conspiracy theories with some misplaced idea you know what ebay are doing. You don't.

Not that you would allow yourself to believe me, but I'm going to be creating a new account pretty soon with unused legitimate details. I know it won't be suspended and why should it be?

Makes a mockery of the account sellers here if everyone gets suspended. Are you calling them liars when they say they have fresh accounts for sale?