besides starbucks, who else has free wifi? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-15-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 7%
Default besides starbucks, who else has free wifi?

Hi guys,
I dont like using residential proxies because theoretically the proxy owner could spy on your traffic. besides, I don't know where these proxies are coming from, are they hacking people's phones and giving you their traffic? That's why I have been using coffee shop wifi's for new IPs but I am running out of coffee shops. Besides starbucks, who else has free wifi? I know mcdonalds also has free wifi but I have never seen anyone sitting at a mcdonalds with a laptop. I don't want to stand out and be "that weird guy who is trying to use mcdonalds wifi because he doesn't want his activities traced back to him" - I don't know if I am just being crazy paranoid or borderline schizophrenic but that's just my belief and there is no changing it. and yes I am aware that someone could be sitting in the parking lot and snooping on my traffic but I am not concerned about that.
so my requirements are
1) free wifi
2) it's ordinary for people to sit there and work on their laptops
any ideas?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-15-2023

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%
Default Re: besides starbucks, who else has free wifi?

Why don't you just use your mobile phone as a hotspot, or buy one? It would be worth the time it takes going to different public places and using a public IP.
Old 01-15-2023

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

Some hotel lobbies do,not sure if y ou can use it.
How about bookstores?
or local cafe?
Old 01-15-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Why don't you just use your mobile phone as a hotspot, or buy one? It would be worth the time it takes going to different public places and using a public IP.
because there are only 3 mobile companies verizon, att, and t-mobile, and in my household all 3 exist. so if I buy a sim card lets say from verizon, verizon can tell that the ebay phone is always close to the verizon phone that's tied to my real name, and this way they can figure out these 2 phones must belong to the same person.
Old 01-15-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Some hotel lobbies do,not sure if y ou can use it.
How about bookstores?
or local cafe?
hotel lobbies are only for hotel guests, aren't they? I don't think a random person can walk in and start using the wifi

local mom and pop cafe I dont like because usually you have the owner sitting there breathing down your neck. I am looking for a place where the owner is not there and the minimum wage employees hate their job and can't care less about me
Old 01-15-2023
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmondaca View Post
Hi guys,
I dont like using residential proxies because theoretically the proxy owner could spy on your traffic. besides, I don't know where these proxies are coming from, are they hacking people's phones and giving you their traffic? That's why I have been using coffee shop wifi's for new IPs but I am running out of coffee shops. Besides starbucks, who else has free wifi? I know mcdonalds also has free wifi but I have never seen anyone sitting at a mcdonalds with a laptop. I don't want to stand out and be "that weird guy who is trying to use mcdonalds wifi because he doesn't want his activities traced back to him" - I don't know if I am just being crazy paranoid or borderline schizophrenic but that's just my belief and there is no changing it. and yes I am aware that someone could be sitting in the parking lot and snooping on my traffic but I am not concerned about that.
so my requirements are
1) free wifi
2) it's ordinary for people to sit there and work on their laptops
any ideas?

Well, you do it however you wanna do it and when you suffer enough doing it your way You;ll have a change of heart from the "there's no changing it".
Old 01-16-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Perhaps schools and libraries to look into
Old 01-16-2023

Thanked 1,104 Times in 1,040 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

library does but you cant stay forever
Old 01-16-2023

Longevity: 20%

What are you up to that makes you willing to travel for wifi?
Old 01-22-2023

Longevity: 16%

Red flag warning my friend! dont do this you will go to the trouble to create an account and then it will be suspended. if you live near any major town or city the local free wifi has already most likely been burned up more than once. i dont think I have used good old starbucks or a coffee shop in 13 years or so for that
Old 01-23-2023
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateblackmanboyd View Post
Red flag warning my friend! dont do this you will go to the trouble to create an account and then it will be suspended. if you live near any major town or city the local free wifi has already most likely been burned up more than once. i dont think I have used good old starbucks or a coffee shop in 13 years or so for that
Like I said, he's gonna do whatever he wants to do. So let him
Old 01-25-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

OP likely wont be back to follow-up
Old 01-25-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
OP likely wont be back to follow-up
I am still here but no suggestion here is viable.
library wifi? ya I am going to log onto a wifi controlled by the city. school wifi? ya at my age I would totally blend in at a school.

I am not doing anything illegal, I am just paranoid. I hate it when people accuse someone who is interested in protecting in his privacy of something nefarious.
and before some idiot says "well if you had nothing to hide" please send me 1) your state issued ID 2) your social security number 3) your resume 4) your bank statement. well, if you had nothing to hide...
Old 01-25-2023

Longevity: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmondaca View Post
I am still here but no suggestion here is viable.
library wifi? ya I am going to log onto a wifi controlled by the city. school wifi? ya at my age I would totally blend in at a school.

I am not doing anything illegal, I am just paranoid. I hate it when people accuse someone who is interested in protecting in his privacy of something nefarious.
and before some idiot says "well if you had nothing to hide" please send me 1) your state issued ID 2) your social security number 3) your resume 4) your bank statement. well, if you had nothing to hide...
I agree privacy is important.
Walmart and many fast food places.
I think some dollar general also