Buying from myself on ebay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default Buying from myself on ebay

ok its almost Christmas and I need to start moving cash , and Im trying to find a way to do it safely.

I have always bought things from myself on ebay and never had any issues... I set up auctions and use my dedicated buyer accounts to purchase ... So far I have bought around $500 from myself and payments have gone through fine and I havent tried to withdraw anything from the paypal yet.. letting it sit there and the money is on hold anyhow until I leave positive feedback

So what im worried about is what happens if my buyer accounts were to get limited for some reason... would they reverse the payments for the things bought on ebay? I have had them reverse payments when I just send myself money , but never when an ebay item is involved.

I purchased a little over $400 in items today and will pay for it tomorrow probaly, the buyer paypals are less than a month old , but the "seller paypal " is verified and very strong as far as paypal accounts go.. And I am buying from other people on these accounts , not just myself..

Anyone have any experience doing this?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-01-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I admit Ive done couple of times but this forum will hurl abuse at you when they find out!
I dont get why you do it other than for feedback, and fb is easy to get...Is it because you dont have a bank attached to one of your paypals?

If you buy on ebay auction, you are usually ok, but sending money paypal to paypal without going through an auction can result in limitation on both sides, this happend to me when accounts were newish just once, but as I said I dont make a habit of it. I had to get id for both accounts and it so wasnt worth it! If receiving account gets limited the sender can get limited too, this is normally a soft limitation though, just to check they are different people, so they look at the crayon id you send in and lift asap. My advise, dont....
Old 12-01-2009
Threadstarter  

I do it sometimes only because Im afraid of withdrawing to much from one account .. Ive been hit with so many limitations on a newer account and I would just rather send the money to an account that will not get limited as easily when attempting withdrawl.

Like I have tried before to just pay a "master" paypal account and always get limited.. So I like to send the money to my stronger accounts especially when I need the cash rather quickly

I dont shill bid or anything like that... only set up a BIN listing and buy it myself
Old 12-01-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Don't make a habit of doing this, eBay/PayPal isn't stupid and they can connect the dots if they want to.

Maybe it's time to start working with another payment processor.
Old 12-01-2009

It's should be one of the techniques you use least often. Handier for emergency stuff rather than FB. Are you trying to get DSR FB?
Old 12-01-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Seems like it would be pretty easy for ebay/paypal to catch on to this. Money moving around between the same 2 accounts repeatedly seems like a recipe for limitation if you ask me.
Old 12-01-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

paypal makes users do such horrible things. BIG risk of linking. Try not to consider this
Old 12-01-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
Seems like it would be pretty easy for ebay/paypal to catch on to this. Money moving around between the same 2 accounts repeatedly seems like a recipe for limitation if you ask me.

I dont use the same accounts to buy from more than one seller account more than once or twice , if even that much...

And its never something that I do often... But in "emergency " situations... The emergency being that I cant afford to lose so much money only a few weeks before Christmas by getting limited because I tried to withdraw to much to soon from a new account
Old 05-23-2010

Longevity: 80%

Before anyone wants to go this route, you might want to read this.
EBay Shill Bidding Fine: Paul Barrett Convicted Of Artificially Raising Prices Of Own Items On Site | Business | Sky News
Old 05-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvatron View Post

Dude, this case is COMPLETELY different from what this thread is about, this case was about someone bidding on his own auction in order to get More Money out of a STRANGER, That is a CRIME, even here in the U.S.

This thread is about BUYING something from YOURSELF in order to get money into an account that you can withdraw from without any problems.

Which by the way is a BAD IDEA For the HIGH Risk of Linking BOTH Accounts, and losing a Solid one, and another thing FEE's, Ebay Listing Fee, Ebay Final Valuation Fee, Paypals Fees,ect,---It would probally cost you less if you borrowed the money from one of those character types in the movie the Godfather.----Use your head, it won't hurt I promise.

Last edited by slapped; 05-23-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Closed Thread