eBay Community Issues - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 05-09-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 5%
Default eBay Community Issues

Hello,

Has anyone on here has issues with the eBay Community? In particular, the UK site?

I have tried accessing the eBay Community as per normal but today I have been blocked from accessing the site! I was not emailed with any details as to why this would happen, and my last post I made was 4 days ago, so if anything has been flagged, they should have at least emailed me on the day there was a problem!

eBay seem keen on taking your fees but their customer service is almost zero, there are various people on the eBay Community who routinely accuse people of being businesses, even when they are not, yet all I do is give useful information and I get blocked from logging in!

Anyone else had any issues? Pasrt of me is thinking to just grab the Stealth Book so that I have another way of accessing the community if I ever get blocked! Guess there is an advantage of having separate accounts for buying, selling, posting on the boards, etc...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-09-2023

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 41%
Default Re: eBay Community Issues

People can accuse all they want. Nobody knows how the seller is declaring their income. They could be putting all the sales from their stealth accounts through a limited company that is Vat registered. You just don't know. And the authorities don't care how you are using your marketplace accounts as long as the income is declared.
Old 05-09-2023
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,558 Times in 2,210 Posts
Activity: 65%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotify95 View Post
Hello,

Has anyone on here has issues with the eBay Community? In particular, the UK site?

I have tried accessing the eBay Community as per normal but today I have been blocked from accessing the site! I was not emailed with any details as to why this would happen, and my last post I made was 4 days ago, so if anything has been flagged, they should have at least emailed me on the day there was a problem!

eBay seem keen on taking your fees but their customer service is almost zero, there are various people on the eBay Community who routinely accuse people of being businesses, even when they are not, yet all I do is give useful information and I get blocked from logging in!

Anyone else had any issues? Pasrt of me is thinking to just grab the Stealth Book so that I have another way of accessing the community if I ever get blocked! Guess there is an advantage of having separate accounts for buying, selling, posting on the boards, etc...
This forum is OG and has been around for decades. You're new to the game =)

THere are multiple advantages to mastering the stealth guide.

Ask more questions in the forum and you'll start seeing new things
Old 05-09-2023

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
People can accuse all they want. Nobody knows how the seller is declaring their income. They could be putting all the sales from their stealth accounts through a limited company that is Vat registered. You just don't know. And the authorities don't care how you are using your marketplace accounts as long as the income is declared.
If you're a business you need to make your contact details visible on the listing.
If you're VAT registered you need to display that too and provide VAT invoices upon request.

Not only is failing to do so against ebay policy, it's against law, simply declaring your income from behind a private seller account is not good enough and saying the 'authorities' do not care is wholly incorrect.
Old 05-09-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
If you're a business you need to make your contact details visible on the listing.
If you're VAT registered you need to display that too and provide VAT invoices upon request.

Not only is failing to do so against ebay policy, it's against law, simply declaring your income from behind a private seller account is not good enough and saying the 'authorities' do not care is wholly incorrect.
That may be the case but you only have to glance through certain categories to see some of the big sellers with revenues in the millions using phantom virtual addresses in their business contact details.

eBay don't care or they turn a blind eye.
Old 05-09-2023

Quote:
That may be the case but you only have to glance through certain categories to see some of the big sellers with revenues in the millions using phantom virtual addresses in their business contact details.

eBay don't care or they turn a blind eye.
What is a phantom address?

In any event, they will be registered as businesses, displaying their contact details and VAT number which one would assume is valid and easily checked. Ebay and 'the authorities' do care.
Old 05-10-2023

Quote:
What is a phantom address?

In any event, they will be registered as businesses, displaying their contact details and VAT number which one would assume is valid and easily checked. Ebay and 'the authorities' do care.
Made up business details.

eBay only care about the account owners info being spot on.

Loads of sellers don't want to tell potential thieves where they hold their valuable stock.
Old 05-10-2023

Quote:
Made up business details.

eBay only care about the account owners info being spot on.

Loads of sellers don't want to tell potential thieves where they hold their valuable stock.
I think you're confusing 'made up business details' with the wholly legitimate and commonplace practice of using Registered Offices for their Companies and a different 'ship from' address than their residential address.

I've been doing this for two decades now, it's completely legitimate and employed by the vast majority of Limited Companies for sure.

There nothing 'phantom' about it. Very commonplace, completely legal and meets with all selling platform approval.

In any event, this is not what OP was talking about, they were upset that some business sellers using private seller accounts were stupid enough to use that ID to post on the ebay forums and were called out for this illegal practice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hank For This Useful Post:
james_112233 (05-10-2023)
Old 05-10-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,945 Times in 8,236 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

Old 05-11-2023
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 5%

Quote:
I think you're confusing 'made up business details' with the wholly legitimate and commonplace practice of using Registered Offices for their Companies and a different 'ship from' address than their residential address.

I've been doing this for two decades now, it's completely legitimate and employed by the vast majority of Limited Companies for sure.

There nothing 'phantom' about it. Very commonplace, completely legal and meets with all selling platform approval.

In any event, this is not what OP was talking about, they were upset that some business sellers using private seller accounts were stupid enough to use that ID to post on the ebay forums and were called out for this illegal practice.
Thank you everyone for getting back to me. My eBay account isn't completely dead just yet, but I might purchase the stealth guide just so I know what to do in case the worst happens!

Apparently my access to the eBay Community will be restored in 150 minutes, it seems like they just didn't like the fact that I got a "Best Answer" to a controversial topic? The mods there are paranoid about people leaving eBay to go to (arguably better) alternative selling sites, given just how many sellers are reporting issues, how many buyers are reporting issues, etc. The TrustPilot pages for eBay UK and eBay US speak for themselves!

Btw, originally I was complaining about two issues with the eBay community:
1) My access to the community had been restricted, despite not being emailed of such information, not being PM'ed about such information, or being made aware other than the fact I checked in on the community one day and received an error message! eBay Community moderators need to be clearer with their communications and decisions, especially since not everyone visits the Community on a daily basis.
2) The amount of threads on the Community that are sidetracked/made completely off topic is astounding - someone reports an issue that they are encountering, then a few posts along there's often a reply about "upgrade to business" or "check account status" etc etc. It's rather logical that you don't disrupt threads by swaying them off-topic - that's general forum etiquette.

I'm not denying the fact that some businesses use private accounts to trade on. What I'm not happy about is that almost every thread on the community is derailed by business/private accounts discussion - it's not relevant to every discussion, is often disruptive, and you don't know the sellers' circumstances. This is why it is important to have a main account (for your buying and/or selling) and then a side account that is totally separate and used just as a posting ID for community purposes, so that you can't be linked. Some people even have an account for personal sales, and a separate account for business sales, or an account for buying, and another account for selling, etc.
Also, if you're genuinely a business then you should use a business account. If you're not a business (i.e. you're a private individual) then you're more than welcome to have a private account.

Lastly, there are reasons as to why someone might want to use a private account for selling on; business accounts are forced to display an address/phone number/email address at the bottom of every listing, under "business information". Unless you have a business address (such as an industrial unit or bricks and mortar shop) then why would you want to display your residential address for the whole world to see, so that people who may dislike you can then find out where you live and cause disturbances etc? The same goes for email spam and text/call spam to personal contact details that may be displayed. Not good for data privacy!

Sorry about the long post! Over and out!