Can Ebay detect abtidetect browsers? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 07-03-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 5%
Default Can Ebay detect antidetect browsers?

I know there are a few of them out there. Im asking in general would it be better using the antidetect browser or the vritual machine?

Last edited by Osoarrogant00; 07-03-2023 at 11:07 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-04-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Can Ebay detect abtidetect browsers?

Virtual machine is the better choice - antidetect browsers and incognito stuff can cause issues
Old 07-04-2023

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 78%

Do not use those type of browsers, eBay can detect them as the info they request from it is denied and they do not like that. Just use the virtual machine with a chrome browser.
The Following User Says Thank You to degsey69 For This Useful Post:
humungouswhat (07-07-2023)
Old 07-04-2023

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%

just use browsers that everybody use
Old 07-04-2023

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 39%
Exclamation Re: Can Ebay detect abtidetect browsers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Virtual machine is the better choice - antidetect browsers and incognito stuff can cause issues
Anti fraud systems are able to see that you are using VM
The Following User Says Thank You to Camaro2SS For This Useful Post:
Osoarrogant00 (07-05-2023)
Old 07-04-2023

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
Do not use those type of browsers, eBay can detect them as the info they request from it is denied and they do not like that. Just use the virtual machine with a chrome browser.
Not necessary true either. Yes majority of browsers do block certain information however not all anti detect browsers are the same. Also it’s just better to get a cheap MacBook and you will just blend in with the rest.
Old 07-05-2023
Threadstarter  

I feel like a good antidetect is a better option from what I read...
Old 07-05-2023

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2SS View Post
Anti fraud systems are able to see that you are using VM
Assuming you're right, the question was 'which is the better option'.

I cannot see any way that a VM with 'normal' settings, browser etc is not the better option.
Old 07-05-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osoarrogant00 View Post
I feel like a good antidetect is a better option from what I read...
You need to read the threads on this forum as anti detect browser is a red flag for eBay.

I tried it once on a setup with genuine information, I also used an encrypted email as well. The account was suspended straight away and when drivers license, credit card and power bills that were genuine were provided the suspension remained in place.

I waited 2 weeks used the same information I created a sub account in windows, changed the IP address used a chrome browser. Then created a buyer account for a couple of weeks purchased 3 or 4 items and then started listing. That was 6 months ago and now we have no holds on our payment as well.
Old 07-06-2023

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 9%

Why complicate things, I use windows 11 laptop (dell xps 15) create multi users, change IP address when needed, and currently run 5 accounts, no problems. Oftentimes simple is best.
Old 07-06-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimble View Post
Why complicate things, I use windows 11 laptop (dell xps 15) create multi users, change IP address when needed, and currently run 5 accounts, no problems. Oftentimes simple is best.
Separate users, changing IP's....nope, for the 4+ active accounts I need to manage daily that's waaaay too inconvenient. VM's all day for me with their own IP.

As an aside, it has been mentioned here and other forums that Windows 10/11 has leaks between user accounts. I don't know if it's true or not.
Old 07-06-2023
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

I waited 2 weeks used the same information I created a sub account in windows, changed the IP address used a chrome browser. Then created a buyer account for a couple of weeks purchased 3 or 4 items and then started listing. That was 6 months ago and now we have no holds on our payment as well.
Nice use of the buying time period I use that
Old 07-07-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Separate users, changing IP's....nope, for the 4+ active accounts I need to manage daily that's waaaay too inconvenient. VM's all day for me with their own IP.

As an aside, it has been mentioned here and other forums that Windows 10/11 has leaks between user accounts. I don't know if it's true or not.
What's your IP source for keeping same IP for each VM? IP burger?
Not really inconvenient for me, takes less than a minute to switch and also use partners phone for tethering aswell so 2 qccoubts always connected at the same time.

In terms of leaks, I find windows 11 has no leakage as currently have about 25 accounts created and all fine. I found Mac laptop had leaks as accounts would always get suspended, that's why switched to Windows.
Old 07-07-2023

Quote:
What's your IP source for keeping same IP for each VM? IP burger?
Not really inconvenient for me, takes less than a minute to switch and also use partners phone for tethering aswell so 2 qccoubts always connected at the same time.

In terms of leaks, I find windows 11 has no leakage as currently have about 25 accounts created and all fine. I found Mac laptop had leaks as accounts would always get suspended, that's why switched to Windows.
I use a commercial IP source, wont mention it here, it's far superior to IPB.

Everyone says it takes 'less than a minute' to switch but we all know in reality it doesn't. On a normal day I can have 4 or 5 fully functional WIN10 environments running simultaneously, all my browser tabs open, printers in place, maiboxes open, unique image folders etc etc etc. Put it to sleep at the end of the day and everything is waiting for me tomorrow.

Works like a dream, you should try it and save a lot of time and frustration.

As for the leaks then IMO it's currently hearsay but you wouldn't put it past microsoft would you?
Old 07-08-2023

Far superior it maybe but not willing to mention it? Regardless, I prefer tethering it's been working fine.

Yes in reality it does take less than minute, how would you know if you don't use this method? I use Dell XPS, a very fast and efficient machine, users stay logged in everything remains open within a user, I put phone to airplane mode for 5 seconds then a new IP is given, I refresh the "what's my IP" page and input new IP into spreadsheet which always stays open on my main user profile, the spreadsheet automatically highlights instantly if it's pre used IP or not. Then switch to the required user ID and off I go. All less than a minute, although I've never timed myself.

No frustration with this setup at all and seems very efficient, but we all have our preferences.

At the moment I don't get many reused IPs, if it becomes a regular occurrence then will look at other options and possibly VM.

Microsoft is not an issue, Google is an issue.
Old 07-08-2023

Activity: 1%

Quote:
Far superior it maybe but not willing to mention it? Regardless, I prefer tethering it's been working fine.

Yes in reality it does take less than minute, how would you know if you don't use this method? I use Dell XPS, a very fast and efficient machine, users stay logged in everything remains open within a user, I put phone to airplane mode for 5 seconds then a new IP is given, I refresh the "what's my IP" page and input new IP into spreadsheet which always stays open on my main user profile, the spreadsheet automatically highlights instantly if it's pre used IP or not. Then switch to the required user ID and off I go. All less than a minute, although I've never timed myself.

No frustration with this setup at all and seems very efficient, but we all have our preferences.

At the moment I don't get many reused IPs, if it becomes a regular occurrence then will look at other options and possibly VM.

oh did you already a used IP by you?
Old 07-08-2023

Yes it happened twice so far, but again easy to switch to another IP.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nimble For This Useful Post:
stammer (07-08-2023)
Old 07-08-2023

Hotspot tethering is by far the superior way to go if your account is in your own country
Old 07-08-2023
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Hotspot tethering is by far the superior way to go if your account is in your own country
good use of the cell phone indeed
Old 07-10-2023

Longevity: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
I use a commercial IP source, wont mention it here, it's far superior to IPB.

Everyone says it takes 'less than a minute' to switch but we all know in reality it doesn't. On a normal day I can have 4 or 5 fully functional WIN10 environments running simultaneously, all my browser tabs open, printers in place, maiboxes open, unique image folders etc etc etc. Put it to sleep at the end of the day and everything is waiting for me tomorrow.

Works like a dream, you should try it and save a lot of time and frustration.

As for the leaks then IMO it's currently hearsay but you wouldn't put it past microsoft would you?
Hi there,
I'm also using virtual machines for stealth, but some of them got banned, some running. I'm using vmware + windows 7 + chrome + teather.
Curious what is your setup.
Wondering if ebay can see you using a virtual machine trough fingerprint..
Old 07-10-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishermanas View Post
Hi there,
I'm also using virtual machines for stealth, but some of them got banned, some running. I'm using vmware + windows 7 + chrome + teather.
Curious what is your setup.
Wondering if ebay can see you using a virtual machine trough fingerprint..
VMware + Win10 + firefox + Static IP.

Even if they can see its a VM they're certainly not linking my VM's and that's the whole point of them. There are clearly many other reasons why your accounts could be getting getting banned.

I run 4 Amazon accounts through VM's, if they're not on to me then I'm happy they're secure.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hank For This Useful Post:
Fishermanas (07-11-2023)
Old 07-10-2023

Longevity: 40%

Quote:

I always close the browser if don't sign out of the account. I always assumed the wifi stayed connected on the other user accounts that were still signed in, which would mean browsers are all under the same IP and I try to avoid. Am I wrong on this? Can only the current active Windows user connect to IP and what happens to the other logged in user internet?