Can't Figure Out What Is Going On With Listing Removals - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 09-21-2023

Activity: 39%
Longevity: 5%
Default Can't Figure Out What Is Going On With Listing Removals

Been having listings removed on different accounts roughly all around the same time.

These are items I have been selling for years with no issue. Then all of a sudden around the start of June, these influx of listing removals started happening.

Picture below of the removals.

My items range from electronic phone batteries, clothing, oil aromatherapy diffuser, some antique items and some handmade glass.

The alcohol listing was because of an old empty beer bottle that some people like to collect which I don't understand at all.

Rest I have no clue why they are removed nor do I understand why they all get pulled at the same time.

I am thinking they are making links between accounts, but I have no clue how. All my accounts are separated on multiple devices: Pixel 3, Iphone 14, Windows laptop, Windows desktop and VPS.

All have different IP sources as well from the Mobile hotspot off pixel, my own spectrum connection, Iphone 14 mobile connection, Straight Talk hotspot, the VPS Ips and then I use a Residential IP provider as well for spare IPs.

To add more info, all these accounts ranged from 1 year to 3 month old accounts.

Which is why I was surprised when this happened:

I am literally just stumped at this point.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-21-2023

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Can't Figure Out What Is Going On With Listing Removals

The AI bots may have sussed out that the accounts were linked, maybe by style of listing or the meta data from the images originated from the same shared source.

My question is why so many active at the same time, I have run max 3 at a time with one in reserve. The effort in organizing how you access each account can lead to carelessness in your stealth and lead to this happening.

Just occurred to me were you doing concierge selling, that leads to this happening where the shipping origin is the same for all accounts.
Old 09-21-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%

I have a new account selling and keep getting counterfeit item policy removal(not Vero)
I've never had this happen often on any of my other accounts. Luckily I barely care about this specific account and surprised it's still going. BUT the eBay ai bot is being weird, (they aren't counterfeit either)

I got my 2nd removal notice week ago, waiting for my next one which should be I think suspend for a few days then I'll switch items completely I guess.
Old 09-21-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
The AI bots may have sussed out that the accounts were linked, maybe by style of listing or the meta data from the images originated from the same shared source.

My question is why so many active at the same time, I have run max 3 at a time with one in reserve. The effort in organizing how you access each account can lead to carelessness in your stealth and lead to this happening.

Just occurred to me were you doing concierge selling, that leads to this happening where the shipping origin is the same for all accounts.
I list on several accounts so that way once they get one sale, I leave them on the backburner for when I need them.

I only keep around 5-7 active accounts that I really sell hard on.

I don't do any selling for anyone else, it is my own items. I rarely have any returns so the stealth address doesn't get changed or visible to eBay. If I do get a return, I just let them keep the item.

I use one IP source for each device I use. So I have 5-6 accounts on my laptop. I use my straight talk mobile hotspot strictly for that device.

Windows desktop will take my Iphone 14 mobile hotspot and my other device where I house accounts strictly takes my pixel provider hotspot and so on.

I even tested submitting a listing on inkfrog and they still get pulled. Switching keywords, photos etc doesn't seem to be effective either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nelove View Post
I have a new account selling and keep getting counterfeit item policy removal(not Vero)
I've never had this happen often on any of my other accounts. Luckily I barely care about this specific account and surprised it's still going. BUT the eBay ai bot is being weird, (they aren't counterfeit either)

I got my 2nd removal notice week ago, waiting for my next one which should be I think suspend for a few days then I'll switch items completely I guess.
I get those a lot to. I relist them everytime it gets taken down right away. Every 30 minutes they get pulled and I repeat the process.

There comes to a point where I would relist the item so much that it stays up for nearly a week or two before it gets pulled again. Then process repeats of the listing getting pulled every 30 minutes. That part, I can't explain because it is confusing.

There are accounts where I submit the same listing and one stays up while the other falls. The account creation doesn't differ either. Use same device, same IP source, same sim, same browser.

Last edited by vesania; 09-21-2023 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-21-2023

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesania View Post
I list on several accounts so that way once they get one sale, I leave them on the backburner for when I need them.

I only keep around 5-7 active accounts that I really sell hard on.

I don't do any selling for anyone else, it is my own items. I rarely have any returns so the stealth address doesn't get changed or visible to eBay. If I do get a return, I just let them keep the item.

I use one IP source for each device I use. So I have 5-6 accounts on my laptop. I use my straight talk mobile hotspot strictly for that device.

Windows desktop will take my Iphone 14 mobile hotspot and my other device where I house accounts strictly takes my pixel provider hotspot and so on.

I even tested submitting a listing on inkfrog and they still get pulled. Switching keywords, photos etc doesn't seem to be effective either.

I get those a lot to. I relist them everytime it gets taken down right away. Every 30 minutes they get pulled and I repeat the process.

There comes to a point where I would relist the item so much that it stays up for nearly a week or two before it gets pulled again. Then process repeats of the listing getting pulled every 30 minutes. That part, I can't explain because it is confusing.

There are accounts where I submit the same listing and one stays up while the other falls. The account creation doesn't differ either. Use same device, same IP source, same sim, same browser.
Very interesting , do you have a telegram or Skype I could talk more , ask more questions etc and learn about this stupid stuff lol
Old 09-21-2023

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 78%

Do you have separate accounts in windows for each eBay account, if you do, is the hard drive name on your PC easily identifiable such as the name being John’s PC, when they do browser finger printing they can see the hard drive name, that could link all the accounts.
Old 09-21-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Do you have separate accounts in windows for each eBay account, if you do, is the hard drive name on your PC easily identifiable such as the name being John’s PC, when they do browser finger printing they can see the hard drive name, that could link all the accounts.
Separate for each account different IP for each. The hard drive is just name Local C drive.

I mean I can see them linking them on one device, but accounts that are on different devices with total separate IP pools is stumping me with the removals.

Every single time, they all get removed within minutes of each other every morning starting around 1:00 AM - 5:00 am.

From then on, the removals continue from there up until 3:00-5:00 PM if I continually relist the item after being removed.

Then it repeats the same process the next day. Been like this for the past 3 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nelove View Post
Very interesting , do you have a telegram or Skype I could talk more , ask more questions etc and learn about this stupid stuff lol
Send me a PM, I can't send messages at the moment.

Last edited by vesania; 09-22-2023 at 07:44 AM.
Old 09-22-2023

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 32%

I am useing Mozilla Firefox portable version and add-on Chameleon,so far it's working,accounts not linked.

With add-on,i change each browser data.Add-on has many features, but no need to change that deep settings.

Old 09-22-2023
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
I think you're right. There's a slip up somewhere on his listings if he's confident he's kept things apart on the outside.

Quote:

Managing multiple accounts is the way to go especially if you hold large stock. It shouldn't be too hard. Sales data can be downloaded in csv format and automated with excel all the way through printing labels in 30 minutes across multiple accounts.
The hard part for me is customer communication. No matter how many canned responses you have, you'd find it's never enough.
Old 09-22-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
I think you're right. There's a slip up somewhere on his listings if he's confident he's kept things apart on the outside.
See on this, I get confused how they can get my listings taken down all around the same time as other accounts.

I have even submitted listings through inkfrog and it still fails.

So I am completely lost as to where they could be hitting it.

Others have said competitors have been reporting my listings, but these are items where only like 1 or 2 people are selling the same/similar item. Going through their listings, they are not retailers or anything of that sort. Just a casual seller where their listing is still up and my gets taken down.
Old 09-22-2023

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

I mean I can see them linking them on one device, but accounts that are on different devices with total separate IP pools is stumping me with the removals.
------------
Have you used these devices long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panch19123 View Post
That is nuts. I get removals just starting yesterday. It is for some children toys that can be found at the dollar store.
Toys are popular Xmas gifts,coming close to holidays,Ebay will clue toy sellers what to stock this coming Xmas ,also it will monitor toy listings,some sellers will list those not yet in retail stores,and Ebay wants to see proof they have placed an order with the factory.
why not go to Ebay seller forum and ask if Ebay is restricting new toy sellers?

With AMZN,I believe toys,electronics and jewelry are 'gated' categories for holidays,will someone confirm such?

Just read last night,the govt is not happy with Ebay allowing some items to be sold,one has to do with auto emission ,cant recall what the other is.
I know there are always some seller selling prescription drug,either they hide the name and hope someone will look at the photo .
This could be a reason EBay is cancelling some listings
you can google and read the details

Quote:
Jesus, I don't know what could be causing my removals.

Not one listing that I put up stays up. It gets removed within 30 minutes of listing it.

Doesn't matter if it is some generic piece of clothing, toy or some old kitchen appliance.
Did it just happen?
how long have you been selling?

here is the article
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...1hlYkd#image=1

Quote:
I am talking specifically about what could be causing removals on several accounts all at the same time.
it recognised all these accounts and listings come from the same source.

IP source?
do they all come from the same IP provider?

what about the MP accounts?

Last edited by TGMT²; 10-01-2023 at 03:54 AM. Reason: triple posting
Old 09-23-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
------------
Have you used these devices long?
Yes, all devices been around 6 months with them. Ever since June started, I started getting hit.

Ran accounts on my Macbook using Spectrum mobile, then I was using my Iphone 6 running accounts on there using google fi Ip pool. Then I had my desktop windows with separate user profiles running on straight talk hotspot.

Even when I create a new account on my mobile phone and list, 2 days later it gets removed at the same time as all the other listings.

Here is an example of one account that gets removals like my other ones.

There is a lot of them because I relist every time they take it down. And every 30 minutes it gets removed and I repeat the process. Yes, the account is still up till this day.

All those e-cig, alcohol removals is for one item. It is a soldering pen. You can search up 510 soldering pen battery on eBay and that is what it is. Numerous sellers offering them, but mine gets taken down for that violation.

I mention no ecig or any of that. I copy the title and put in the description and that is it. Pictures are of my own.

Been getting violations like that for the past 3 months in different categories, clothing, batteries, glass and even supplements.

Last edited by vesania; 09-23-2023 at 09:03 AM.
Old 09-24-2023

Longevity: 3%

That is nuts. I get removals just starting yesterday. It is for some children toys that can be found at the dollar store.
Old 09-24-2023

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%

ebay do cleanups before christmas but no matter what reason it is if something like this happens it is necessary to stop selling this item on this account , if you do not want to stop it indefinitely it should be at least for a while
Old 09-24-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
ebay do cleanups before christmas but no matter what reason it is if something like this happens it is necessary to stop selling this item on this account , if you do not want to stop it indefinitely it should be at least for a while
I just have no clue at all. Happens at the same time every day. From 3:00PM and on, the removals literally die down or stop. Then as soon as 12:00 AM hits, hours later removals on several accounts start happening.

Whether it would be clothes, electronics, candy or glassware.

I put just a plain term like "Battery" in the title and the photo I took of the item. Still gets taken down. I am just wondering if those AI bots scan the photo like Mercari does.

Once you add a photo on the Mercari listing, it automatically aggregates a generic title based on what it scans.
Old 09-28-2023

Not one listing that I put up stays up. It gets removed within 30 minutes of listing it.

Doesn't matter if it is some generic piece of clothing, toy or some old kitchen appliance.
Old 09-28-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexi View Post
I am useing Mozilla Firefox portable version and add-on Chameleon,so far it's working,accounts not linked.

With add-on,i change each browser data.Add-on has many features, but no need to change that deep settings.

How many accounts you manage this way if not a secret?
Old 09-28-2023

Quote:

if the listing is removed shortly after being listed and it happens all the time then the explanation is very simple

the item in question is blacklisted on ebay , there are not many such items , I have several thousand items and just 2 that can not be listed on ebay as they get removed all the time , they remove them from other sellers as well
Old 09-28-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Just read last night,the govt is not happy with Ebay allowing some items to be sold,one has to do with auto emission ,cant recall what the other is.
I know there are always some seller selling prescription drug,either they hide the name and hope someone will look at the photo .
This could be a reason EBay is cancelling some listings
you can google and read the details
Oh I know that, one of my friends was selling bronkaid on there until many months ago they started cracking down.

Could be that eBay has implemented the AI bot with sets of keywords it goes after. But wonder if image has to do with listing removals to. Couple of seller do block out the name of the item, but still get removed regardless.

Would pictures be a linking factor in removals all being around the same time? Despite my accounts housed on different devices and IP pools. What if all my pictures that I take myself on my pixel could be a linking factor?

Removing the data on them be recommended?

It is literally frustrating me since I can't get one damn listing up without them removing it. These aren't items that are risky or prohibited either.

And just recently I have been having listings that were sold 2 months ago all of sudden get removed. Like literally what the hell could be the cause of it.

Last edited by vesania; 09-28-2023 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-28-2023

Quote:
if the listing is removed shortly after being listed and it happens all the time then the explanation is very simple

the item in question is blacklisted on ebay , there are not many such items , I have several thousand items and just 2 that can not be listed on ebay as they get removed all the time , they remove them from other sellers as well
The thing is, I list the same exact item on two accounts with the difference being one of the accounts has the metadata stripped from the photo.

One gets removed while the other stays up for months.

What would be the takeaway there? Flag on one of the account? IP? Phone? Address?

I only run 3 accounts and they are on different devices with a Dedicated IP on one of them, mobile IP for one and my comcast internet for my desktop account.

Quote:
Did it just happen?
how long have you been selling?
Started happening to me last week. Got a removal every now and then, but this week it started ramping up for me. Item I sold on Friday just out of the blue got removed today.

These accounts I have been selling on for little over two months on.

Last edited by Panch19123; 09-28-2023 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-28-2023

do not relist an item that was removed , allow it a couple of weeks and list on another account

it is actually a rule of thumb

relisting a removed item on the same account right after removal is crazy
Old 09-29-2023

Quote:
do not relist an item that was removed , allow it a couple of weeks and list on another account

it is actually a rule of thumb

relisting a removed item on the same account right after removal is crazy
I am talking specifically about what could be causing removals on several accounts all at the same time.