*WWYD* Any Ideas on how to deal with BAIT-N-SWITCH buyers? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-04-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Exclamation *WWYD* Any Ideas on how to deal with BAIT-N-SWITCH buyers?

just got a return claiming it doesnt work and it's broken, even though i sent this product out SEALED and theres no possible way it can break because of how it comes sealed. buyer opens a claim saying defective. get the return back today and its of different quality almost like a near knockoff. they literally bought from me to replace something they had and sent me a broken one back.

here's the thing, i don't want to go "full blackhat" because once u start it, it's going to be a headache so i just found their info and tried calling to reason with them because funny enough, they live within 10 miles of our location. so here's my alternatives:

1. Refund 50% and take it on the chin (10$ total loss with fees/shipping/promo)

2. Call ebay and explain and see if they can force a return

3. dox their entire bloodline to kingdom come

4. cause their employers to let them go.

5. take down all social media's

These are in no way a sequence or phases, i just want to get an idea of what is feasable or needed to do from this list OR other alternatives. It's not fair for small businesses to get killed over bs scam returns like this.

i am not a bad person and always try to do the right things with all the knowledge i have in regards to cyber awareness but this is just a blatant spit in the face.

PS.. Their zestimate on the return address is $5M

edit - the sale was 62$ my cost is 20
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-04-2023

Activity: 40%
Longevity: 33%
Default Re: *WWYD* Any Ideas on how to deal with BAIT-N-SWITCH buyers?

Sounds like the time I sold an expensive auto part years ago and got a used rotor button sent back claiming it was broken. I blocked them but had no other recourse on egay go course as I was the seller.
Old 11-04-2023

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 41%

Sorry to hear that but just get on with business. You really want to waste your time on that oxygen thief ?

I've been scammed many times most recently £2k because an opportunist thought he can claim non receipt because DPD left a parcel without signature in a safe place (from my experience they never do this)

I just had to eat the loss. But thankfully business has been good despite the losses.
Old 11-04-2023

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 78%

One way I found to get rid of bait and switch buyers is to allow 30 day returns paid for by the buyer. If they get buyer remorse and you do not offer returns, they will open an item not as described to get a return open. If you offer a way to return at least they will pay the shipping, I know this does not happen in all cases as some cheap buyers want a free return, but it reduces return shipping costs because in the end if they do not want the item you can not stop the return just limit the cost.
Old 11-04-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

while these buyers do deserve punishment, do you really want to waste time and effort vs a 10 dollar loss? prob just do refund and block/ban bidder - make a note of any future orders going to this address though...and act accordingly
Old 11-04-2023

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

If buyer returns an item under INR,seller cannot offer partial refund,must refund in full.
But,
giving them a call is not a bad idea,let them know you live 10 miles away,and would like to come to their house to review the case with them! and see what their reaction is/
-you can also let them know you have discussed the case with Ebay and EBay recommended you work it out first with buyer before getting them involved.
-Ebay does review if you ask them to step in,provide pictures and you could win
-it will also be a black mark for the buyer,do it often and they will lose their buyer privilege as they are no longer safe to Ebay seller comunity,this is how Ebay would word it.
It is possible they bought a bad part and now they just want a free one ,it happens on Ebay.
Sometimes they will remove a part they need so they can sell theirs.