chinese accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-26-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default chinese accounts

How are there new chinese accounts selling 1000's of transactions worth of high-risk goods and having the item located in the US?

How is this being done?

I thought chinese accounts had more restrictions, not less?

Does anyone have experience setting up chinese accounts? What does that look like? Is that possible to do in the US? I am curious how it is done...? it seems like maybe somebody in china is setting up a reshipping office in the US and just selling as much as they can on the account before it's closed.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-26-2023

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 78%
Default Re: chinese accounts

The Chinese will have a warehuse in the US, usually it is a person who is warehousing a number of companies products and they dropship it from that location. The account will be originated in China and they state the product is located in the USA, they seem to get away with it in other countries as well.
Old 11-26-2023

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

There are at least 2 warehouses in CA which serve the Chinese sellers but they would have to pay for their merchandise in US $ plus USPS shipping .so what is left after Ebay fee would be converted to Chinese yuan,profit is smaller .

we are not talking about stealth account,you asked a question about Chinese sellers claiming goods are located in USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsims2051 View Post
so are y'all saying chinese stealth accounts don't exist?
They have friends in US or someone will send them our names and DOB and SSN

Not sure what she is trying to accomplish?
Does she want to set up an Ebay account saying she is in China?and then have the US warehouses which serve Chinese sellers in CHina to fill her orders?

if you can find these warehouses,I think you can ask them to do the same for you,no need to pretend you are in China

Chinese sellers based in China ,if they are not using the warehouses in CA,then they will ship from China,lite item costs only 99 cents to ship to USA,sometimes they even offer free shipping,it could take up to 30 days to arrive,usually less than 30 days.

There are still many small Chinese sellers on Ebay,they can be found on AliExpress.
There are some who have been layoff and given merchandise as severance pay.
There are also some employees who steal or pick up the rejects and sell on Ebay
There are some who just walk across the street and pick up what has been ordered on Ebay,$1 US comes to $6.50 Chinese,enough for a bowl of noodles for lunch

But these Chinese sellers will be buying in local currency,say GBP or US or EU$,and being charged shipping in local currency,they make little .

I am referring to the Chinese sellers who rely on UK or US warehouse to dropship,then they will be buying from such warehouse in local currency and pay them shipping to his buyer in local currency,not Chinese dollars

It is called renminbi .meaning people currency

These are big wholesalers/distributors which buy from the factories and import them to warehouses in US,UK,Germany,then they advertise in China,inviting small sellers to register with them and list items available in those warehouses.

Many young Chinese are unemployed,they stay home with their parents and sell on Ebay to earn some allowance.

there was a time Chinese will buy stuff from us and they will all be sent to a location in CA and then to China.
They have their own auctions of Western antiques,and Chinese antiques as well,the revolution destroyed many of their own antiques ,some ended up in Europe.

I am referring to high end antiques,theirs and ours.
I know a company which has some very nice expensive watches,clocks going back to 18th century,they are all going to Chinese buyers.
The ultra wealthy Chinese want their antiques back and European antiques,we dont have antiques they desire,they are not old enough .
But they do enjoy our Starbuck coffee,Kentucky fried chicken and McDonald hamburgers and french fries.

Quote:
It has become pretty obvious to me that Chinese accounts are not subject to the same review as US accounts. I have spent some time reporting sellers for selling blatantly high risk items on ebay....most being removed immediately. the chinese accounts selling these items are not removed though. I have a hunch that they are not regulated the same as most other countries.
It could be Ebay reps in USA,passed the infor to EBAY China and it takes time to remove them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
the chinese can indeed create genuine accounts and they are able to ship items cheaply to warehouses in major countries as shipping is sponsored by the state there and then they just sell like locals
I doubt they are shipping their own merchandise to a US warehouse or UK warehouse,they are just dropshipping from that warehouse,there are 2 in California.

commuting from China to HK is pretty easy,they can cross the border into HK and back same day or even same hour.

My mail man told me about TEMU,I tried it,I dont think it is worth my time.
WISH is publicly traded ,did not know it now becomes TEMU

Last edited by TGMT²; 03-09-2024 at 03:30 AM.
Old 11-26-2023
Threadstarter  

Old 11-26-2023

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 78%

There are probably Chinese stealth accounts out there, however, they seem to do better than us with legit ones. They are very good at manipulating e-commerce sites like eBay with genuine accounts and good sales.
The Following User Says Thank You to degsey69 For This Useful Post:
henryfalmore (11-26-2023)
Old 11-26-2023
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 57%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
They do exist but they are harder to create and manage... their trust level in .com is low
Old 11-27-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:

Does anyone have experience setting up chinese accounts? What does that look like? Is that possible to do in the US? I am curious how it is done...? it seems like maybe somebody in china is setting up a reshipping office in the US and just selling as much as they can on the account before it's closed.
Even if there are ppl on the forum with the experience, I doubt that this info will be shared freely or possibly for some high fee...so don't expect the tricks/tactics
Old 11-28-2023

Activity: 40%

Doesn't work with me - as soon as I realize a seller is lying about the product location and it is coming from China I leave instant negative feedback and open a case. I don't care if they are in China and tell the truth - it's when I need something fast and the claim to be in the US but make you wait for overseas shipping that pisses me off
Old 11-28-2023
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automasters View Post
Doesn't work with me - as soon as I realize a seller is lying about the product location and it is coming from China I leave instant negative feedback and open a case. I don't care if they are in China and tell the truth - it's when I need something fast and the claim to be in the US but make you wait for overseas shipping that pisses me off
I'd do the same as well if lying about location
Old 11-29-2023
Threadstarter  

It has become pretty obvious to me that Chinese accounts are not subject to the same review as US accounts. I have spent some time reporting sellers for selling blatantly high risk items on ebay....most being removed immediately. the chinese accounts selling these items are not removed though. I have a hunch that they are not regulated the same as most other countries.
Old 11-29-2023
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
It does seem odd - perhaps they do have people placed at right spots as well...not inconceivable
Old 11-29-2023

Longevity: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
They do exist but they are harder to create and manage... their trust level in .com is low
How do you know any of that?
Old 11-29-2023

Here's the truth. There are not thousand of chinese seller, all working independently for themselves, they are employees of the big factories/corporations who sell via their staff. An endless supply of genuine accounts if and when one goes down.

Ebay know this and why they give their seller accounts preferential treatment.

There was a guy in the UK who rented a property only to find mail for 100,000+ chinese businesses using that address. Yes, that's not a typo.

It was investigated at parliamentary level and decided there was no suspicious activity. If they're getting favourable treatment at that level, pulling a few strings at ebay is a doddle.

That's just one address in one country, can you imagine what their global operation looks like.

So no, I doubt very much that there any stealth chinese accounts, genuine ones are ten-a-penny and very easy to create.

I've bought a fair bit of cheap tat off the Chinese recently, nearly all of it is coming from a UK warehouse. Fast delivery and no second postage label overlay which used to be the giveaway.
Old 11-29-2023
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 57%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baccagen View Post
How do you know any of that?
I have connections in different countries and we talk to each other.
Old 11-29-2023

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%

the chinese can indeed create genuine accounts and they are able to ship items cheaply to warehouses in major countries as shipping is sponsored by the state there and then they just sell like locals
Old 11-29-2023

chinese sellers can buy at low prices in china and they can ship at low price to the west

the rest is the same expenses as for all competitors so it is not a problem , cheap prices to obtain and ship over produce the main profits
Old 11-29-2023

it is not chinese dollars but yuan , this is not their business model

they do not dropship but take cheap stuff from china , ship it into fulfillment warehouse and sell it on

they have very low expenses to buy and ship to the west , a western importer buying in china would pay more in china and would pay much more for shipping from china than them as chinese companies are subsidized for transport by the state so that they can cut out the competition and they have large networks that help them with shipping within western countries

Last edited by murdered_by_ebay; 11-29-2023 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-30-2023

Quote:

they do not dropship but take cheap stuff from china , ship it into fulfillment warehouse and sell it on

they have very low expenses to buy and ship to the west , a western importer buying in china would pay more in china and would pay much more for shipping from china than them as chinese companies are subsidized for transport by the state so that they can cut out the competition and they have large networks that help them with shipping within western countries
Indeed, it is an absolute scandal what Royal Mail are told to charge chinese imports for shipping compared to domestic users. Pennies in the Pound.

The poster above clear has no idea of the scale of the operation these warehouses are operating. They hold thousands of each item they sell, the list of which also runs into tens of thousands. This is repeated right across the western world, it's a huge operation.

For them to suggest that a few downtrodden folk are begging, borrowing, or stealing handfuls of tat to fund their business empire is comical.
Old 11-30-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baccagen View Post
Here's the truth. There are not thousand of chinese seller, all working independently for themselves, they are employees of the big factories/corporations who sell via their staff. An endless supply of genuine accounts if and when one goes down.

Ebay know this and why they give their seller accounts preferential treatment.

There was a guy in the UK who rented a property only to find mail for 100,000+ chinese businesses using that address. Yes, that's not a typo.

It was investigated at parliamentary level and decided there was no suspicious activity. If they're getting favourable treatment at that level, pulling a few strings at ebay is a doddle.

That's just one address in one country, can you imagine what their global operation looks like.

So no, I doubt very much that there any stealth chinese accounts, genuine ones are ten-a-penny and very easy to create.

I've bought a fair bit of cheap tat off the Chinese recently, nearly all of it is coming from a UK warehouse. Fast delivery and no second postage label overlay which used to be the giveaway.
dang man i didn't even think about any of this. that's crazy.
Old 11-30-2023
Threadstarter  

So I got an e-mail back FROM ebay saying that they investigated the items I reported and they didn't find any wrong doing.....IT WAS ONLY FOR THE CHINESE ACCOUNTS.

CRAZYYYYYY
Old 12-02-2023

Activity: 26%
Longevity: 32%

Quote:

Yes, i totally agree, in China logistic system are really good. They have benefits as the country export products to europe.

I check one carrier i am using send items from China. I see video how does it look warehouses, it's basically everything automated by robots (like vaccum cleaners) on the bottom of the shelves and they driving around warehouse.
Old 12-02-2023

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%

Just like AMZN then?
Once I received a jar of peanuts ,half of the peanuts have been exposed to high heat and melted,robot cannot tell the difference.
It is pretty gross !