Will this get me banned? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 12-31-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 1%
Default Will this get me banned?

Hi there, about 2 years back eBay hit me with a ban. I was a full time reseller and I thought it was BS, but eBay does not care as we know.

Back midway through 2022 my girlfriend setup an account under set SSN, address, etc. We've been doing extremely well, but it's through her information. I've made sure to not touch a bit of my info so we don't get banned, but because of me getting banned I technically do not have an income, it's all through her.

We have now setup a bank account at Chase and formed an LLC with both of us as the owners for our resell business and we have an EIN. As long as I still follow the rules of not using my IP, address, etc. will I be good to convert to a business account that I am 50% owner of? Is there anything I am missing here?

I'm personally thinking I am good to go as I don't think eBay can see the business owners through the EIN and I do not have my address linked, but I would like to make sure before going through with this. We currently have nearly 2000 items on the account and it's not something I am willing to just throw away.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-31-2023

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%
Default Re: Will this get me banned?

you just open personal accounts and upgrade to business later down the line when they are established

if you use business from the start you may get suspended randomly as most accounts get taken down in early stages without any particular reason
Old 12-31-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
you just open personal accounts and upgrade to business later down the line when they are established

if you use business from the start you may get suspended randomly as most accounts get taken down in early stages without any particular reason
Right, that's what we've done so far. She has the account in her name, but we're looking to move it to a business account. The LLC we've created is in both of our names, however. I'm basically asking to make sure there isn't a way for eBay to look at the owners of the business as I am technically suspended.
Old 12-31-2023

if there is trust there you can use her details as main contact on ebay

I am not from the US but I know people use SSN and EAN so that it should be sufficient to use her SSN if you are afraid of providing yours

I doubt someone would be looking that deeply , they should just verify the details on file which would be the corporation and the main contact person

deep investigation of all owners is more an amazon thing
Old 12-31-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
if there is trust there you can use her details as main contact on ebay

I am not from the US but I know people use SSN and EAN so that it should be sufficient to use her SSN if you are afraid of providing yours

I doubt someone would be looking that deeply , they should just verify the details on file which would be the corporation and the main contact person

deep investigation of all owners is more an amazon thing
Gotcha, this helps. So far thats what we've done, its under her SSN and we've been good for probably about a year and a half now with about 3k things sold, a few hundred thousand $.

I've made sure to not even have my address on file for my contact within the business, instead its a registered agent.

Thank you.
Old 12-31-2023

I think with such turnover you should just do a bunch of personal accounts and later a bunch of LLC's where you are not present as owner

later you upgrade and if needed you change ownership structure with the state once account is completely up and running
The Following User Says Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (01-01-2024)
Old 01-01-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth method