Advice for restoring aged eBay account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 03-12-2024

Activity: 33%
Longevity: 58%
Default Advice for restoring aged eBay account

My strongest eBay account has been temporarily restricted since 2022. I paid off the fees, and finally got someone to have the backend team respond via messages as I could not due to the original MC011 message expired. The only cause for my restriction was an abundance of item not received claims within about one weeks time. I have a very valid reason why this happened. My account was extremely strong, I pushed $40,000+ in December 2021. It's over 10 years old. With extremely high limits, over 3,000+ feedbacks.

The problem I face now is they're asking for the basics to reinstate me. I plan on giving a very genuine explanation of what happened, and I hope them requesting this stuff is just a formality however they want recent bank statements, receipts as proof purchase, and my photo ID.

Now, bank account has been removed from eBay and any items I had listed I don't think would populate in their system? Maybe they keep it somewhere internally, but thats a lot of data to carry for every seller.

I plan on just sending them a recent bank statement, and receipts of items I had listed but I don't believe they will know. The recent bank statement would not be the one I had on my account, however I do not have a bank account connected anymore. They say recent yet any information regarding my account was over 2 years ago. I know they say recent because it's the generic requests. Leave it to eBay to not express exactly what they want you to send them, instead play the guessing game. Therefore my explanation of why I should be reinstated, what value I bring to eBay is most heavily valued. If anyone has suggestions on best practices off experience I would be thankful.

I have made a very good living for myself without eBay, however getting my eBay account back would double my income in 6 months time. I could be making $50k per month, which I would love.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 03-12-2024 at 09:28 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
ebizz (03-15-2024)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-12-2024

Thanked 1,113 Times in 1,049 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

so what is your question?

Wait till Sax4 shows up,she is good at deciphering ??

Ebay does not save your old listings,but any cases filed they keep.
you said you failed to ship your orders for a week,

The problem I face now is they're asking for the basics to reinstate me. I plan on giving a very genuine explanation of what happened, and I hope them requesting this stuff is just a formality however they want recent bank statements, receipts as proof purchase, and my photo ID.

----------
------
dont bother to tell them how great you are,bots do not read,give them recent bank statement,photo ID and receipts of goods you plan to list.preferably vendor invoice showing name of vendor,address,your account number and list of items

There is no such thing as extremely strong account,3000 feedback is common.
those who sell huge quantity are selling low price items,give Ebay what it asks for and hope for the best.
BTW,RETAIL ARBITRAGE IS NOT ALLOWED ON EBAY

Last edited by TGMT²; 03-14-2024 at 06:47 AM.
Old 03-12-2024
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Advice for restoring aged eBay account

If anyone has tried to restore an account over a year old, and got the generic questions every MC011 has, did they send recent as in this month recent, or recent as in from the date of restriction.

I have no bank account on my account anymore. I think maybe they can see this information still, but pretty sure they can't see the listings. So, seems like more a formality in allowing me to restore my account, or they just are sending this to make me feel good, and will suspend it after I send stuff.
Old 03-13-2024

Activity: 90%
Longevity: 46%

you can try , the main issue here is that it was a large account , on such accounts the restriction is usually indefinite

the explanation itself is meaningless on ebay but only the docs , on amazon maybe it would matter when they request a plan of action but on ebay no one cares , I doubt they even read it
Old 03-13-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,938 Times in 8,229 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
you can try , the main issue here is that it was a large account , on such accounts the restriction is usually indefinite

the explanation itself is meaningless on ebay but only the docs , on amazon maybe it would matter when they request a plan of action but on ebay no one cares , I doubt they even read it
agree here solefoodbk - provide the basic docs required and hope for the best. Hopefully, that one week of claims, etc can be overlooked.

My own reservation is that eb is asking for these docs not after such a long suspension....I don't have greatest hopes for easy reinstatement
Old 03-14-2024
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post

Why do you say that? It was only temporarily restricted. My account was restricted in 2018, I got it fixed by speaking to very top people at Trust & Safety. The guy literally told me he would flip a switch on my account to prevent this ever happening again. He did exactly that because my account about a year later had somewhat the similar scenario happen, lots of INRC's opened, then "suspended" due to non payment. Never got the MC011, but I should have.

Once that happened, I think my account lost it's strength, still strong, however not like it was. I suspect it's because once it was suspended, the system refreshed my account to normal settings, or whatever he did to it, was lost.

Why would docs even matter at this point for my account? The only reason I got restricted was the ITNC's opened, I know this for a fact. I'm fairly confident they can't even see my listings because its over 2 years ago, so the receipts are basically useless, along with my bank account because its been deleted from the account. I guess I get your point though.
Old 03-14-2024
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 62%
Longevity: 91%

I'd absolutely try to get that account back.

ITINC are no good though, but try regardless if you have a really good reason why it happened.
Old 03-14-2024

Activity: 90%
Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Why do you say that? It was only temporarily restricted. My account was restricted in 2018, I got it fixed by speaking to very top people at Trust & Safety. The guy literally told me he would flip a switch on my account to prevent this ever happening again. He did exactly that because my account about a year later had somewhat the similar scenario happen, lots of INRC's opened, then "suspended" due to non payment. Never got the MC011, but I should have.

Once that happened, I think my account lost it's strength, still strong, however not like it was. I suspect it's because once it was suspended, the system refreshed my account to normal settings, or whatever he did to it, was lost.

Why would docs even matter at this point for my account? The only reason I got restricted was the ITNC's opened, I know this for a fact. I'm fairly confident they can't even see my listings because its over 2 years ago, so the receipts are basically useless, along with my bank account because its been deleted from the account. I guess I get your point though.
you can try , as I wrote , if MC011 was for performance it is usually indefinite on large accounts but send in the docs and see what happens , maybe they can reinstate
Old 03-15-2024
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,938 Times in 8,229 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

While it seems that the original mc011 might have expired, here's hoping you might have some luck with a sympathetic staff
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (4 Weeks Ago)
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Threadstarter  

I can't believe it, but I got my account back.

At a loss for words.

This literally doesn't feel real. When I started this forum, the things I learned is what led me to making this account, along with others that are long gone. It's a decade aged account, my strongest account. This literally changes the course of my life. Not going to be stupid either, still plan to go extremely slow even though I don't think I need too.

One tip I haven't seen mentioned here yet that I was able to get out of the very nice trust & safety agent I talked with over the phone...

He said, make sure you send everything using pdf, if it's other formats they might think it's a screenshot or can causes issues. In the past I know I've sent png for my ID and receipts that resulted in failed MC011. Those were not on a strong account like this one though, and although I don't think that was the decisive factor, doesn't hurt to do whatever additional you can to make things work in your favor.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:19 PM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Activity: 89%
Longevity: 40%

Is the account a stealth account?
The most important thing is that you do the following:
- Send invoices for all the products you sold, at least more than half of what you sold.
The total amount of the invoice must be reflected in the bank statement (use the same bank that you had added).
the identity document on both sides
If the account was very solid and you send everything on time, it would be great if you recovered it
The Following User Says Thank You to yobar For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (4 Weeks Ago)
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobar View Post
Is the account a stealth account?
The most important thing is that you do the following:
- Send invoices for all the products you sold, at least more than half of what you sold.
The total amount of the invoice must be reflected in the bank statement (use the same bank that you had added).
the identity document on both sides
If the account was very solid and you send everything on time, it would be great if you recovered it
Yes, it was stealth, all the accounts I made pre 2020 were stealth. That was one of my biggest concerns since 2019 as MP started becoming a reality.

There is very limited information on this forum regarding aged accounts facing MC011. What made me nervous is throughout this process I still have received emails from eBay using my old stealth name. It’s for specific emails, others use my real name.

That means somewhere in the system they’ve got the original account holder name, and I always believed if faced with MC011 they’d ask for my ID, but then see two different names on the account. It really depends on the agent, and luck. I know the odds weren’t in my favor, however my account was very strong while in use.

I sent them 8 pictures of my photo ID, in pdf, and bank statement from when I got restricted, not recent. Never even provided the receipts, it was reinstated before I sent them. Even if I did, they wouldn’t know my recent sales or listed items because the restriction was over 2 years ago.