MC011 - how screwed am I? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 1 Week Ago
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 13%
Longevity: 23%
Default MC011 - how screwed am I?

I dropship items off of Aliexpress to eBay. It's mainly some things under 10 USD, nothing that's risky or anything. I have ramped up my sales lately by using promoted listings which is what might have ticked off the MC011.

Yesterday, I've received the MC011, eBay's asking for receipts of the items I have listed for sale. At the time, they've kept my listings up, but I've went into Time Away and eBay seemed to have quietly ended all my listings approx 24h later.

Probably a mistake but I've sent them a few receipts off Aliexpress, then they've started asking for tracking numbers showing "proof of delivery" which is a bit stupid since most of my orders (like 95%) had tracking numbers already attached to them. I've replied to the message saying that they're attached and now I'm waiting I guess, it'll take some time since it's the weekend too.

Account is verified with real documents and a real bank account, sent in a real bank statement and everything too.

So while I'm waiting, has anyone had similar experiences and how did it end up?

Why are we made to feel like criminals while just selling things? Are they ****ing stupid?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 1 Week Ago

Activity: 84%
Longevity: 46%
Default Re: MC011 - how screwed am I?

drop shipping on ebay is banned , it can be done covertly but it must not be visible to ebay

if your item location is china but your ebay account is not in china there is a high risk of indefinite restriction or suspension unless you keep low profile as ebay do not like such a selling strategy and they reject invoices from chinese drop shippers and also tracking numbers

the most successful drop shippers use USA tracking with delivery from USA , this is where ebay are ready to turn a blind eye to drop shipping if there are no other issues

another thing about chinese tracking is that it does not show proper delivery , usa tracking for example is fetched by the system and displays successful delivery while with chinese shipping the system can only see successful despatch

Last edited by murdered_by_ebay; 1 Week Ago at 09:51 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to murdered_by_ebay For This Useful Post:
ahmaed (1 Week Ago), ebizz (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago

Activity: 83%
Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomStranger927 View Post
I dropship items off of Aliexpress to eBay. It's mainly some things under 10 USD, nothing that's risky or anything. I have ramped up my sales lately by using promoted listings which is what might have ticked off the MC011.

Yesterday, I've received the MC011, eBay's asking for receipts of the items I have listed for sale. At the time, they've kept my listings up, but I've went into Time Away and eBay seemed to have quietly ended all my listings approx 24h later.

Probably a mistake but I've sent them a few receipts off Aliexpress, then they've started asking for tracking numbers showing "proof of delivery" which is a bit stupid since most of my orders (like 95%) had tracking numbers already attached to them. I've replied to the message saying that they're attached and now I'm waiting I guess, it'll take some time since it's the weekend too.

Account is verified with real documents and a real bank account, sent in a real bank statement and everything too.

So while I'm waiting, has anyone had similar experiences and how did it end up?

Why are we made to feel like criminals while just selling things? Are they ****ing stupid?
In some other thread I commented on my case, something similar happened to me, they made MC011 and we sent invoices, driver's license, bank statement... they still deleted the account.

You are so right eBay is very stupid these days.
Old 1 Week Ago
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Um, actually, my tracking numbers are for the most part functional, if the order is from the US, there will be a USPS tracking number and the item gets delivered by USPS in some 1 or 2 weeks. Only problem is that I don't know whether the USPS tracking shows the items being flown in from China or does it only start reporting once the item is in the US, I'll have to take a look.

My item location was set to China because I thought, I've read somewhere that it's not good to say that the items are from XYZ country when they're not 🙄🙄

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
drop shipping on ebay is banned , it can be done covertly but it must not be visible to ebay

if your item location is china but your ebay account is not in china there is a high risk of indefinite restriction or suspension unless you keep low profile as ebay do not like such a selling strategy and they reject invoices from chinese drop shippers and also tracking numbers

the most successful drop shippers use USA tracking with delivery from USA , this is where ebay are ready to turn a blind eye to drop shipping if there are no other issues

another thing about chinese tracking is that it does not show proper delivery , usa tracking for example is fetched by the system and displays successful delivery while with chinese shipping the system can only see successful despatch
Old 1 Week Ago
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

USPS takes care of the shipping once my items are in the US, obviously, that only applies for US customers. So that's not a problem. I provide a tracking number for like 98% of my orders and unless it's some obscure country where nothing but some crappy, small last mile delivery operator is available, usually the tracking is recognized by eBay.

Not that it's your logic but from my experience, ALL of the items I've seen on eBay cost more than they do on aliexpress ☠️ but it's not always that the price discrepancy is that big that it's worth dropshipping... or arbitraging, whichever term you prefer.

The receipts I've sent them show the purchase date being AFTER the eBay order date which I now realize was stupid. I thought their concern was about the items being stolen or somehow illegally obtained rather than being dropshipped.

Most of my buyers are happy with my products and completely oblivious to the fact that my items have been dropshipped. I have had no frivolous return cases at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
it is not dropshipping,it is retail arbitrage which is banned on Ebay-taking a customer money and use it to buy from another Retailer is retail arbitrage,not dropshipping.
Dropshipping from your wholesaler,distributor or manufacturer is fine.
The Alibaba invoice you show Ebay,is it dated>Does the date show the item was purchased after you made the sale on Ebay?
The reason why Ebay does not like retail arbitrage is that once the buyer receives the item and find out it comes from ALibaba,walmart,costco,target ,he will go to their sites and check out the item and find it is cheaper than what he paid for on Ebay,then in the future he will buy on those sites direct,why pay more on Ebay.
Ebay looks out for Ebay,it is not being STUPID!
So,try to come up with a wholesale invoice showing item description,unit price,quantity and total plus freight,the heading should show the name of the company you bought from and your company name and possibly an account number assigned to you.
As for tracking,I dont know how you are going to come up with a US tracking number?
There is also a problem with your buyer,once buyer finds out ,he could file INR,INAD and leave you negative feedback.
Old 1 Week Ago
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I manage to compete with other eBay sellers, that's not a problem. Neither is what any politician decides to do in the future for now. I have other markets that I sell to besides the US.

Yes, the receipts I've attached are from Aliexpress and basically show me dropshipping the items to my customers. However, I have only attached receipts for like 5 of my orders, just as an example that my items are legally obtained, while I've had 200 orders on my eBay account.

Quote:
Not that it's your logic but from my experience, ALL of the items I've seen on eBay cost more than they do on aliexpress ☠️ but it's not always that the price discrepancy is that big that it's worth dropshipping... or arbitraging, whichever term you prefer.
----------------
But your Alibaba sellers are also selling on eBay with free shipping,hard to compete with them.
USPS does take over shipping to your US buyer,Donald Trump wants to change that,he said China is no longer a third world country and should pay more for us to deliver the package to buyer in US
Old 1 Week Ago
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,946 Times in 8,237 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
I have heard there are 2 outfits in California which provide goods and services to Chinese sellers on Ebay,they warehouse many of those ALIBABA stuff ,so a Chinese ebay seller can be based in China but ship from California with tracking.
I dont know if it is open to US sellers?
might be exclusive to sellers who are already part of an exclusive group
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
I manage to compete with other eBay sellers, that's not a problem. Neither is what any politician decides to do in the future for now. I have other markets that I sell to besides the US.

Yes, the receipts I've attached are from Aliexpress and basically show me dropshipping the items to my customers. However, I have only attached receipts for like 5 of my orders, just as an example that my items are legally obtained, while I've had 200 orders on my eBay account.
no doubt , the system is convenient as chinese tracking is cheap , it is nearly free but marketplaces do not like it unless the shop is registered in china
Old 1 Week Ago

Activity: 30%
Longevity: 5%

Quote:
Dropshiping is not banned on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/po...ipping?id=4176

I do it, albeit only a relatively small part of my business, so do thousands of others.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Blue_Sky View Post

I do it, albeit only a relatively small part of my business, so do thousands of others.
there is a ban on the chinese model as they do not accept invoices and tracking from there from non chinese accounts , if the account should get MC011 on chinese drop shipping it is as good as dead

other types of drop shipping may be ok as I wrote above , for example if done from USA or EU , I do USA myself through middles men and ebay accept my tracking in 100% of cases , in fact I could easily solve all problems with US sales where the item location was USA

Last edited by murdered_by_ebay; 1 Week Ago at 06:37 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

To be honest, I don't understand what you mean when you say that eBay doesn't accept your tracking. Do you mean that when you have an order and you enter the tracking number there, that tracking number is not recognized by the system?

Because what I have are, again, actual USPS tracking numbers and they show all the way from the item entering the US to the item actually being delivered. In other countries it depends on a case to case basis who the courier service is, but in most cases it's also recognized.

Quote:
there is a ban on the chinese model as they do not accept invoices and tracking from there from non chinese accounts , if the account should get MC011 on chinese drop shipping it is as good as dead

other types of drop shipping may be ok as I wrote above , for example if done from USA or EU , I do USA myself through middles men and ebay accept my tracking in 100% of cases , in fact I could easily solve all problems with US sales where the item location was USA
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
To be honest, I don't understand what you mean when you say that eBay doesn't accept your tracking. Do you mean that when you have an order and you enter the tracking number there, that tracking number is not recognized by the system?

Because what I have are, again, actual USPS tracking numbers and they show all the way from the item entering the US to the item actually being delivered. In other countries it depends on a case to case basis who the courier service is, but in most cases it's also recognized.
no , I mean that in various cases I heard about ebay refused to recognize chinese tracking as a valid delivery method to remove MC011
Old 1 Week Ago

Correct ebay does not accept shipping methods from china..
This complicates things for those of us who ship from China to our customers in the United States.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:

Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobar View Post
Correct ebay does not accept shipping methods from china..

Works for me. Like OP albeit in the UK, I get a UK tracking number once it clears export customs. Even my initial Chinese number tracks if you put it in the Royal Mail or Parceforce website.

Indeed, if you use a supplier who also acts as your customs agent it happens real quick. There are other benefits to from this arrangement but I don't want to discus it here as it must surely be illegal but saves me a fortune.

Most of my parcels arrive within 10 day, some less. No issues with buyers (I use my UK address for returns), no issues with eBay.

But as I said above, it's relatively low key and well integrated into a 'proper' UK business model.
Old 1 Week Ago
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Oh. Well, I don't know, guess we'll see come Monday or Tuesday what happens.

Quote:
no , I mean that in various cases I heard about ebay refused to recognize chinese tracking as a valid delivery method to remove MC011
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Works for me. Like OP albeit in the UK, I get a UK tracking number once it clears export customs. Even my initial Chinese number tracks if you put it in the Royal Mail or Parceforce website.

Indeed, if you use a supplier who also acts as your customs agent it happens real quick. There are other benefits to from this arrangement but I don't want to discus it here as it must surely be illegal but saves me a fortune.

Most of my parcels arrive within 10 day, some less. No issues with buyers (I use my UK address for returns), no issues with eBay.

But as I said above, it's relatively low key and well integrated into a 'proper' UK business model.
Yes, you are very right but the problem is when eBay limits your account and you must show invoices from the supplier, in these cases they don't like Chinese sellers either.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Yes, you are very right but the problem is when eBay limits your account and you must show invoices from the supplier, in these cases they don't like Chinese sellers either.
this is exactly it , the guy can continue selling from china. it is if MC011 comes in when ebay will start making problems as they do not want to see invoices from china issued to the buyer or chinese tracking but invoices addressed directly to the seller and tracking from seller to buyer
Old 1 Week Ago

It's totally like that, as long as eBay doesn't notice you'll be fine.
When they see Chinese invoices they will screw up your account
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
It's totally like that, as long as eBay doesn't notice you'll be fine.
When they see Chinese invoices they will screw up your account
with chinese invoices there is a fundamental problem , ebay want to see bulk purchases invoiced to the seller but instead they see many small invoices

if the tracking were from the US for example it would be possible to show chinese invoices for bulk purchases and tracking from the US after the items were resold
Old 1 Week Ago

Activity: 22%
Longevity: 2%

Quote:

it is not allowed if you buy one item at time,
only if fullfill all from a warehouse ,the location should be the same and the right time shipping as their policy
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLorence View Post
it is not allowed if you buy one item at time,
Yes it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkLorence View Post
only if fullfill all from a warehouse ,the location should be the same and the right time shipping as their policy
I don't fulfill from a 'warehouse' I fulfill direct from the manufacturer and have absolutely no idea what their factory premise look like.

I goes without saying that you should not lie about item location and delivery times, indeed it is prudent to clarify it in the description as well as the pre-filled drop down boxes.