Paypal limited,what about ebay account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 01-18-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Send a message via MSN to alexzin Send a message via Yahoo to alexzin Send a message via Skype™ to alexzin
Default Paypal limited,what about ebay account?

My paypal account was limited today and they declined to unlimit it due to related with my previous limited paypal account.

But my ebay account is still ailve.Can I use another paypal account to link it and keep doing the business?My ebay gets really high feedback.I don't wanna just drop it way.:(
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-18-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Your new paypal account will utlimatley get limited, as it will be linked to the eBay account. Look at other payment methods. PayPal is not the only game in town.

Why did paypal drop you? Bad credit? Selling hockey pucks?
Old 01-18-2010
Threadstarter  

Send a message via MSN to alexzin Send a message via Yahoo to alexzin Send a message via Skype™ to alexzin

It was limited with two of my old paypal accounts that already have been limited.I did link my Moneybooker account to this ebay either.But it seems that in order to relist item,I need to provide a new paypal and gets it to be linked or I can't list anything.

Can I use a new paypal account to link this ebay account and then use moneybooker to collect all payments?

Last edited by alexzin; 01-18-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-18-2010
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

No, you cannot use a new paypal account with the same old ebay account. Ebay owns paypal, they share information... you will get it limited again, don't even bother.

In order to re list, you should just have to put a credit card on file.

Why was the account limited? Saying they were limited with two others doesn't really answer that question. If it's due to bad credit for example, just open use another authorized payment method.
Old 01-18-2010

Depending what items you are selling you might or might not be able to do this. Some selling groups is PayPal payment method only and no way around this one.
Old 01-18-2010
MU

That is true. You could also say you accept paypal and disable the automatic invoice and send them an invoice with your own payment method. That is a little more complicated, but it works..... and sometimes eBay catches on that you're not getting the payments through paypal.

My point is, do your research, look at your options, and make a decision based on what you're trying to accomplish.
Old 01-18-2010

Interesting....Than what? If they catch you doing this, is that automatic suspension or they issue some kind of warning first? Do you know?
Old 01-18-2010
MU

I've only been caught once, and I think they saw that paypal payments were not coming in. In selling manager, it shows when the payments have been received automatically if it's a paypal payment. I was marking all of these manually, and the same when I ship them. This was only for the buyers notifications though.

You can't say in youre listing that you accept an unauthorized payment method. But the only time you can is if a customer contacts you asking to pay with a money order/check. Even they ask to pay with google checkout you're supposed to say no.... it's crap.

I think i was messaged by an undercover eBay rep who asked if he could pay with google checkout. He had zero feedback, seemed kind of odd. I should have known better. Of course I said yes, and it was automatic suspension.

Last edited by First Edition; 01-18-2010 at 07:53 PM. Reason: grammar
The Following User Says Thank You to First Edition For This Useful Post:
Lyda (01-18-2010)
Old 01-18-2010

Thanks First, its good to know..
Old 01-18-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
No, you cannot use a new paypal account with the same old ebay account. Ebay owns paypal, they share information... you will get it limited again, don't even bother.

In order to re list, you should just have to put a credit card on file.

Why was the account limited? Saying they were limited with two others doesn't really answer that question. If it's due to bad credit for example, just open use another authorized payment method.

I did use this method year ago.That was my sec. paypal account.I was alway collecting payment by sending them money request.It worked great.

Anyway,due to my paypal's limiation.Ebay asks me to solve paypal problem first in order to list more items.However,I will just unlink them and use a new paypal to link this ebay,but don't take any funds.Use moneybookers to collect all payment.I will give it a shot and see if that works.
Old 01-18-2010
MU

DO NOT USE A NEW PAYPAL ACCOUNT WITH THE SAME EBAY ACCOUNT!!!

It will just get limited like the last one. If you don't click on the "link your ebay and paypal account" link, they still link them together. You're confused on nomenclature.
Old 01-18-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
DO NOT USE A NEW PAYPAL ACCOUNT WITH THE SAME EBAY ACCOUNT!!!

It will just get limited like the last one. If you don't click on the "link your ebay and paypal account" link, they still link them together. You're confused on nomenclature.

Do you mean just throw this ebay account away?

Old 01-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

It used to be the case that if you lost ebay you could still use paypal.

However those days are now gone will the new user agreements and they now swap information now readily.

You can still sell in the ebay account but I wouldnt recommend linking to a second PP account.

The problem is that it will already be linked to the limited paypal account and there is nothing you can do.

It is painful but it is sometimes best to just finish up sales in that ebay account and throw it away as you say.

I sometimes sell a few more things in an ebay account affected in this way and i contact the buyer to pay by google checkout or cheque, but to be honest its a bit of a pain.

If you have a nice new ebay and pp account it will be much better.
Old 01-19-2010
MU

Also, you can use a different merchant. PayPal is not the only way to receive money
Old 01-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

Agreed PP is not the only merchant but the problem is integration. Nothing integrates as well or as easily as Paypal.

Its so much easier that its all automated and that if you are selling a lot, then payments are received you get an email, and you post and so on and so on.

Because of the way they have set it up it is still best to use ebay with payments to Paypal.

Yes there are hassles and limitations etc thats why its best to do the work to get nice new stealth ebay and PP accounts.
Old 01-19-2010
MU

I've heard of using google checkout with cart manager. Has anyone else tried this? I've never done it, but I've been looking into it lately.