DSR requirements are very strict? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 02-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default DSR requirements are very strict?

You can view your detailed Detailed Seller Ratings by clicking on "account" in your ebay and then "seller dashboard"

Now I have checked mine out this morning and I have 1 low DSR for posting and packing charges bring the percentage amount to 1.27%

Can anyone who has more experience with the DSR ratings answer the following please.

1) How many low 1 and 2 stars do you receive before being warned about performance?

2) How likely is it for a suspension to be a likely consequence from these stars and what is the percentage rate at will this may likely occur?

3) Is there any other way to correct any problems with low DSR's except from simply

a) listing honestly and accurately
b) Communicating well
c) Dispatching fast
d) charging reasonable p+p

I note that I was left a low DSR for p+p even though I am currently offering free p+p so my guess is this is an error from the buyer. Unfortunetely is is not possible to see which buyer left the low rating to be able to contact them to amend this (if possible)

I am just curious at the % rates at what they take action. My initial thoughts are that the DSR rating system seems awfully tough. All you need is two hasty, daft or clueless ebayers out of 100 to leave you a two star rating so push up a particular DSR rating to 5%.

My guess is that this number is where action is more likely to happen.

Your thoughts please people.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-24-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

New minimum standard for all sellers: We're evolving the way we assess quality for all sellers on eBay:

* The current 4.3 minimum average DSR requirements will be replaced with new requirements based on a seller's incidence of low DSRs (1s and 2s) on transactions with U.S. buyers:

o In October, all eBay sellers will need to have 1s or 2s for item as described on no more than of 3.00% of transactions, and on no more than 4.00% for communication, 4.00% for shipping time, and 4.00% for shipping and handling charges.

o In April 2010, the standards will be stricter. All eBay sellers will need to have low DSRs (1s or 2s) on no more than 1.00% of transactions for item as described, and no more than 2.00% for communication, 2.00% for shipping time, and 2.00% for shipping and handling charges.

o To ensure lower volume sellers are not penalized as a result of one or two transactions, it will take at least four instances of 1s or 2s before consequences based on low DSRs are enforced.

* Sellers with more than the maximum allowed 1s and 2s will receive lowered placement in search and may face limits on selling activity until their ratings improve.

* Sellers with excessively high rates of 1s and 2s or other low performance measures may be restricted from selling.

* The current Seller Performance Standards policy will be updated with the new DSR requirement.
The Following User Says Thank You to NZT For This Useful Post:
jamblix (02-24-2010)
Old 02-24-2010

Longevity: 82%

Damn...can people just give you 1 star ratings for no apparent reason other than trying to sabotage your business?

Those guidelines are pretty strict, how many more policies and rules can there possibly be? Some computer wizard needs to come up with another online auction market that gives people more freedom...
Old 02-24-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

yup, as a seller you need them to give you the 5 star ratings when they leave you feedback.

There will be buyers that do not understand the impact it can have on you by clicking a 1 or a 2 star.

All you need is just 2 of these buyers clicking on a 1 or 2 star out of 100 feedback (Yes 98 people give you a full 5 stars with just 2 giving you a 1 or 2 star)

This will bring the average to 5% assuming these two people leave a 1 or 2 star in postage and packing or item as described. Based on 100 feedback. 98 full 5 stars, 2 buyers leave a 1 or 2 star)

Now 5% is the danger zone as it is above what is allowed. (see above)

Now I dont know yet what happens if you enter this number as I have not experienced it.

My best guess is that first you will get a warning, then you will be resticted at some point. Then a suspension will follow.

It seems very strict. Make sure you have new accounts made up and ready to go!
Old 02-24-2010

Activity: 31%
Longevity: 83%

I put a thank you card in every shipment now to tell them DSR is important and please give me 5 stars.I also said if you not happy with any issues I wish you could leave the feedback without dsr vote.2 months past it worked.You guys can try it.But please guarentee your items are as good as.Most people like if they happy with item they can forget the rest.
Old 02-24-2010

Longevity: 85%
Default dsr ratings totally unfair - be careful

i suggest leaving a small not inside every box explaining the dsr rating. i had 1 stealth account with over 200 fbs in the past 6 months and had 100% pos fbs's. but it seemed 2 buyers left 3 low dsr ratings for shipping time- then i was banned for 30 days. crazy - it makes no sense.
Old 02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997turbo View Post
I put a thank you card in every shipment now to tell them DSR is important and please give me 5 stars.I also said if you not happy with any issues I wish you could leave the feedback without dsr vote.2 months past it worked.You guys can try it.But please guarentee your items are as good as.Most people like if they happy with item they can forget the rest.
can people leave postive feedback without the dsr?
Old 02-24-2010
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

^^^ Yes, it happens all the time. A significant amount of customers don't want to be bothered with filling out the DSR scores.

I would say about 25% of my customers "do not" leave a DSR score, but do leave a positive feedback.
Old 02-25-2010

Longevity: 89%

One thing I was wondering.. it says you can't go over 2% or a total of 3 ratings of 1 or 2.

This 3 ratings, that can't possibly be over a year can it? I had 17 out of around 1000 last year for shipping time even though I post 5-6 times a week.

Anyone?