my 2 cents - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 11-16-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default my 2 cents

So I've been back on ebay with 1 account successfully for over 2 months now (thanks to all of you!) and I've been running my own websites as well. Now that I'm back on ebay, I've come to realize just how much I love and hate it. Yes, I love it, it's good money (though the fees are ridiculous). But I hate the customers. I hate haggling over a dollar over shipping. I hate the stupid questions. I hate having to drop my prices so low to get people's attention and having heart burn all week.

My websites, yes, I am getting traffic, though it is harder to get them to buy (I'm dealing in high end designer items - yes they are authentic), because there is a trust issue. But when they buy, it's much more rewarding, and there is no haggling, feedback paranoia, suspension paranoia, or waiting and nagging customers to pay for their items.

I have enough stress dealing with my ONE ebay account that is running very smoothly. I can't even imagine running several at once like some of you do.

Although it was a giant heartache getting my original suspension, I have to say that it taught me a LOT about how the web works through this forum. I've learned a LOT about website development and SEO (my husband's website is now #1 on google and I'm #10 for important keywords) thanks to my suspension.

I am getting rid of my inventory of high end stuff on ebay (although perhaps I will sell a few here and there on ebay around holidays and for extra income around birthdays... I have 3 kids!), and opening up a less stressful webstore of nursery decor.

So here is my conclusion. Forget Ebay, get your own website, and use PPC. Your costs will end up the same as ebay fees and you will have a LOT less stress. Ebay can fun when it is treated as a hobby, not a career.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-16-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 100%

That's what I've been saying for the last year! Good job with your website. It takes time to build up, but it can only get better! The more people that trust you, the more they'll shop with your and tell their friends. You should be collecting customer emails, and using services like 'constant contact' to send monthly emails to old customers letting them know you have new deals or specials. That's my secret weapon for bringing in new sales.

Good job with your website, just keep making it look better and you'll have more and more sales each month. If you need help with marketing, I'm here. It's what I do.