ebay calling - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion!

eBay Discussion! EBay Forum. News, Updates, or Anything eBay is Welcome. A kind of lounge if you will.

Old 04-10-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default ebay calling

I got a call from ebay. They wanted to verify my first play account. I was asked what was my username , what I was selling and if I had those items in my possession. It took me several guesses to get my username right, but I passed the verification.

This account has just an initial for first name and PO Box for address and 5 minutes left on trackfone.

The caller told me that he did not need anything else.

I don't understand how you guys mange to juggle so many accounts at once without screwing up?

Last edited by riversnew; 04-10-2010 at 03:47 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-10-2010

Send a message via AIM to Stream

What are you trying to get at?

Also just to let you know all of the guess you guessed are now linked.

Looks like the jokes on you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stream For This Useful Post:
bode (04-10-2010)
Old 04-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
hmm, you gave him other usernames - oops

anyway, I know what else the caller needs - to be tasered

yes, different numbers all directed to just one phone is a bad idea, you wont know who they want until thEY give the name. Then you have to think quick. Ive got them directed to several cells, which I hardly ever pick up, so they can just leave a message, which has hardly ever happened..if paypal/ebay monkey calls in future, say account holder isnt in and to call back. that way if they do youll be ready with your spreadsheet in front of you....

I like to have a bit of fun with bad accents too....
Old 04-10-2010
Threadstarter  

That's ok. I only have one real account and this 'play' account that anyone looking at has to realize that's all phony, except the phone number.

I am going to sell only 1 risky item per week on it, so even if it goes down, I could care less.
Old 04-10-2010
Threadstarter  

One gets better with practice! The other usernames are not linked to ebay in any way.

While I have read in the past that ebay is verifying all new accounts, I have suspicion that it was my new listing that caused this phone call. I had already listed one book for sale and ebay did not call me! It was the high risk item: my account has 0 feedback, I listed it as BIN with multiple items. And the listing is in the wrong category to skirt ebay limitations.

So... it is very obvious that if you start out listing high risk items such as iphones or wii consoles, you are going to be limited right away regardless of everything else.
Old 04-10-2010

Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by riversnew View Post
LOL you got that right. You certainly made his job a lot easier.
Old 04-10-2010

Quote:
That's ok. I only have one real account and this 'play' account that anyone looking at has to realize that's all phony, except the phone number.
Wait, so you only have two accounts total and yet it took you "several" guesses to get the username correct? So where on earth did all those other guesses come from??
Old 04-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
I like to have a bit of fun with bad accents too....
Righto, guv'nor! :D
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghost For This Useful Post:
aspkin (04-10-2010)
Old 04-10-2010

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
One gets better with practice! The other usernames are not linked to ebay in any way.

While I have read in the past that ebay is verifying all new accounts, I have suspicion that it was my new listing that caused this phone call. I had already listed one book for sale and ebay did not call me! It was the high risk item: my account has 0 feedback, I listed it as BIN with multiple items. And the listing is in the wrong category to skirt ebay limitations.

So... it is very obvious that if you start out listing high risk items such as iphones or wii consoles, you are going to be limited right away regardless of everything else.
0 feedback with buy it now? you need 10 feedback for buy it now,only idiots start selling with 0 feedback ,how do you expect a stealth account with 0 feedback to last,this goes for all people,ya'll greedy
Old 04-10-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

*coughs* A LOT less of this holier than thou. We all do things differently.
Don't cross the line and activate my trigger finger
Old 04-10-2010
Threadstarter  

There are categories on ebay that 'bypass' some listing requirements. Typically, it's 5 feedback for BIN and 15 for multiple items.

So what's the point of my post? There are two points:

1) many attempt to sell iphones and other high risk items and think that as long as they build feedback, and age their accounts they are going to be able to do so? Maybe!

If on the other hand, you sell books---its obvious that ebay won't give a hoot even if you are linked to 100 suspended accounts!

2) If you are going to juggle multiple accounts and are high risk ebayer, you better be prepared to receive a call from ebay.

As for me, all I am trying to do is to sell 4 items on this account, because I am unwilling to risk my real one. After that, its a play account. I can afford to be flippant. I have a REAL account.

Some folks are just too paranoid and have no idea how to mimic newbies account anyway. So you don't think that newbies sell with zero feedback? So you don't think that newbies want to sell more than one item at a time?